Author Topic: suggestion  (Read 31562 times)

Offline zeritou

suggestion
« on: April 02, 2004, 07:56:48 PM »
xfir, if this has allready been suggested deleate it, im too lazy and impatient to look through all the topics in this forum and im sorry this takes up so much space on a page

when your short on workers the buildings go down in a pattern  
please note that if food goes down, your screwed

i think it goes:
(if applicable)

food
forums (the public performance things) and rec centers
med centers
residences
university
nursery
labs
factorys
smelters
cc

i think that should be changed to the following:

forums/rec centers
med centers
residences
labs
factorys and smelters instead ofgoing down randomly:
     consumer fac  
     rare storage then rare smelters
     scorp fac
     vehc fac
     common storage then common smelters
     structure fac

agridome
university
nursery
then cc

by the time enough people die past the common smelter your agridomes should be able to make enough food to support the current pop untill you can rebuild it
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 07:59:40 PM by zeritou »
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 08:17:41 PM »
What use is this?
What does it apply to?

xfir

suggestion
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 12:39:03 AM »
Okay.

What he means here is when you lose a worker, instead of taking it from the Agridomes, it should instead take the worker from Rec. Centers.

P.S. This has not been posted before.

Phantom

suggestion
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 12:44:20 AM »
That would actually be better, it would by more time to fix population problems.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
suggestion
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 01:47:32 PM »
Better would be a possibility to choose between several modes:

E.g. a warmode, i.e. factories (esp. for vecs) should work and smelters, but consumer factories or other buildings that aren't useful for battle should be turned off.

Another mode would be for fast research, and so on...

Offline knux

suggestion
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 03:44:44 AM »
Actually I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the colonists dying. It is a huge dampener on the game and will be very annoying in multiplayer.

Offline Jgamer

suggestion
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:58:49 AM »
Gee...
Don't take that away man...
But seriously the colonist  part was my favorite in the game.
You could place it a different manner like the rate of morlity be the same of training like being 1 or 2 time marks between a death and a training, only certain conditions would make the time betwwen them loger like bad moreale and such, and the other way too like being trained more people than die with high morale

Offline Leviathan

suggestion
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 11:15:35 AM »
the main problem is that people die all the time in op2. if they didnt die all the time it would b better.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
suggestion
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 11:22:53 AM »
make it an option, kind of like disasters

If there gets to be too many options you could have gametypes like Halo has, and when you play multi you pick a gametype, and it would be transfered to the other players.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
suggestion
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 02:43:15 PM »
Personally, I approve of people dying. (err, please never quote me on that.) It adds to that air about the game that I enjoy. You know, like "You have failed! Our colony is doomed!"  (thumbsup)

Although, when scientists die, I wished they would be taken out of research rather than have your nursery go offline. I've always found that sort of thing to be pain.

Offline zeritou

suggestion
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 03:17:42 PM »
colonists should die in this game, it helps make it a 'colny builder sytrategy'  (xfir, is there a spell checker mod somewhere you could put on?)  and im gonna agree with hooman, when a scientist dies it should be taken from research because:

througout the storyline i get the impression that the colonists were more worried about survival of the human species than reaserch to make an ear of corn grow pink, more worried abot their nurserey being able to raise children to increase the pop than they were about reaserching a way to raise children with a hydraulic arm

and when a colonist dies the building that gets disabled, (if need be) shouldnt be something thats needed for survival

this game should have had its prioritys strait when it came to the building disability order (i just made up this name for this issue: BDO) and it can be fixed in op3,

also, in op2, when a building gets destroyed, why dont you lose people?  i gues if it gets destroyed slowly they could evac but how often does a buildng get destroyed slowly?    maybe they all saw it out the window and ran, but then why wasnt it disabled?    another idea for op3:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 03:18:31 PM by zeritou »
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline TH300

suggestion
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 06:14:37 PM »
also, in op2, when a building gets destroyed, why dont you lose people?  i gues if it gets destroyed slowly they could evac but how often does a buildng get destroyed slowly?    maybe they all saw it out the window and ran, but then why wasnt it disabled?    another idea for op3:

before a building gets destroyed, it gets disabled because of damage, so that the colonists have time to leave it.
And I've already experienced fast destructions of buildings as the consequence of a vortex. And the colonists DID die.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

suggestion
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 07:04:38 PM »
Outsider is correct,

I too have experienced colonists dying as a result of a vortex destroying a building quite rapidly.

And buildings do get disabled when it’s heavily damaged.

Phantom

suggestion
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 07:19:29 PM »
Yah, me too, those darn vortexses!

Offline ZeusBD

suggestion
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 08:11:06 AM »
I like the idea of being able to pick wether or not colonists die in the game. Have at least 4-5 different options to make the game very customizable.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline kirby

suggestion
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 03:12:44 PM »
I always found the whole colonist death thing to be kinda useful in multiplayer... if i think my enemy is doing some massive research in a lab or two, i send over a couple starflares or supernova to take away their scientists... and possibly half the colony along with them (if i'm lucky).
"You calling me a geek? Listen, dude, dont mess with a geek that has an IQ of 165 and a copy of the anarchists cookbook."

Offline ZeusBD

suggestion
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 03:20:18 PM »
That's why I think that it should be an option. Because at times you may want to play with colonists, but sometimes, if all players are lazy, they may just wanna not have to worry about it.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline kirby

suggestion
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 03:38:23 PM »
I agree, i cant count how many times being lazy has caused my ultimate downfall. It would also kidna draw out the length of some of these games, because you could ship off your vecs and start another colony while the old one is falling apart. A good way to keep things interesting in a fast-paced ffa.
"You calling me a geek? Listen, dude, dont mess with a geek that has an IQ of 165 and a copy of the anarchists cookbook."

Offline knux

suggestion
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 08:26:19 PM »
Maybe I could have it as a random event, rather than a constant threat.

As for an option at the start of the game. I suppose I could do that too.

Phantom

suggestion
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 10:47:35 PM »
Yah, I think randomizing the deaths would be a good thing, 'cause I mean, people just dont all of a sudden die when there is proper medical equipment available!

I mean come on! Mabey you could put a random message like: "Worker has died by falling into the smelter core" or something like that. lol.

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
suggestion
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2004, 07:27:53 AM »
get rid of colonists dying??

now doesn't that kinda completely defeat the major point of the game op2, and therefore defeats teh purpose of its legacy... i.e. take what you have and survive and then thrive.

i mean how can you have "extinction is not an option" as the waywords of the outpost universe where your colonists CANNOT die... especially when you consider that they live in structures on an almost atmosphereically devoid planet.

PS: hey kirby i see you like machall and morrowind ^^ *looks at his morrowind GOTY edition and smiles* great game
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline TH300

suggestion
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2004, 08:46:04 PM »
get rid of colonists dying??

now doesn't that kinda completely defeat the major point of the game op2, and therefore defeats teh purpose of its legacy... i.e. take what you have and survive and then thrive.

i mean how can you have "extinction is not an option" as the waywords of the outpost universe where your colonists CANNOT die... especially when you consider that they live in structures on an almost atmosphereically devoid planet.

PS: hey kirby i see you like machall and morrowind ^^ *looks at his morrowind GOTY edition and smiles* great game
I fully agree.

Everything I like at op2 is the challange to manage all the problems together, not only to fight in multiplayer.
War is one aspect of the game, but not the only one.

Offline knux

suggestion
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 11:11:45 PM »
Okay I have decided to have a random event generator. This enables a lot more possible occurrences. Not just people dying. It'll also make the game a lot more interesting. So I won't remove the possibility of colonists dying. But I will add a few suprises for everyone...

Offline ZeusBD

suggestion
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004, 09:39:34 AM »
So if there isn't going to be an option with no dying, can there be an option like on OP2 to have steady morale?

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
suggestion
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2004, 09:46:43 AM »
I think there should be gametypes like Halo has, where you can fine tune every variable in the engine, save it into a sort of "File", and use it to play multiplayer.