Poll

What sort of multiplayer game do you like the most?

Land Rush
19 (42.2%)
Space Race
9 (20%)
Last One Standing
15 (33.3%)
Midas
0 (0%)
Resource Rush
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Multiplayer Game Types  (Read 14266 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 11:33:17 PM »
Beta, if you go easy on me, I'd like to play you some time
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline plymoth45

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 09:57:14 AM »
no beta, i build my own army, while u kill ur friend, then we can have at killing each other, thing is, last time i played u, u don't give me time to build up my army to defend against u, and how do u get such a big army so fast? It reminds me of the middle ages, u keep us all under siege untill u r ready to kill us, making it so we odn't have a big enough army to defend ourselves.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2003, 07:12:54 PM »
exactly, the way to get a large army is to have alot of ore, the only way to get more ore is to expand, you gotta learn from your past (eg romens)

I dont know, I dont even have op2 on this computer any more, achelly I just got an idea, Ill instal it on this computer, I just hope I dont get grounded any time soon
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2004, 09:56:45 PM »
A Very Long Last One Standing,
Why? I like to build a big base.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2004, 02:16:13 PM »
Land Rush.
You can choose whatever mining beacon you want, whatever location you want, and set your base up the way you want it. (Smelters close to mines rather than farther away. The smelters always seem to be far away from good beacons in Last one Standing base layouts. -_-)

Offline Norsehound

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2004, 11:48:36 PM »
Had there been a capture the flag game....
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Phantom

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2004, 10:36:29 AM »
I don't think that ctf would work that well on op2. I know it does on Halo though!

Offline Kramy

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2004, 12:55:53 PM »
Scrap the rush/base building types.

4 types:
Space
Last one standing
Midas
Resource

Then add a checkbox for whether you start with a base or not. Would be neat to play a space rush. Build in the wrong spot and a vortex takes out your smelter. :D
-Kramy

xfir

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2004, 03:11:23 PM »
Capture the Flag would be interesting... the sturtures (except for like guard posts) are invunerable.. there is a structure called the flag base and the enemy has to drive a Cargo truck over the flag base to get the enemies flag.. they have to return to home base and drive the cargo truck over their flag base to win.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 09:43:22 AM »
Yeah, agree with Kram...

Games would be much better if you choose between a build base or a bunch of vehicles
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Leviathan

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2004, 09:52:38 AM »
i used 2 play King Of The Hill on Pie as a game type. person has 2 hold the middle for 100 mark or wutevea. good for more than 2 players if u dont want 2 FFA.

Highlander good 2 c u. hope u stay with the comunity. come on the forum chat room plz!

Offline selfdestruct

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2004, 10:35:06 AM »
I'm in between i like games that are short but i perfere the long game, but then again i wish there could be games that are medium in length, like bring back a panther fight, or actually having limits on what type you can build would make the game very intresting all of a suddenly uou cant build 50 thors only 25 or cant make more than 5 emp misilses would cahange game play and stratage. like you cant not make that at this time function
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 10:36:03 AM by selfdestruct »
OUTPOST OBSESSION IS CONTAGIOUS

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2004, 11:28:17 AM »
i think i have to say something:
although land rush is my favourite, midas is still a pretty good one in my opinion.

i say this, cos no one seems to have voted for midas, and i can't vote twice
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2004, 08:11:24 PM »
for ctf, why not use the same system that op2 uses in those wrekage things, a multy game where first you have to find the flag with scouts (or you could alredy know, depending on what you want, or when one person finds it everyone can see it) and than you have to bring in a cargo truck to take it and bring it to your base, if the cargo truck gets destroyed, the flag gets returned to a random location (to keep people from camping where the flag spawns)

howbout that

btw for op3 please keep sucide vecs, I know they seem morally wrong but they are a essentual part of the stratigy (expecially if you are the underhanded type  :ph34r: 0
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2004, 03:03:30 AM »
CTF is a bad idea... i've seen it tried in RedAlert ... it just doesn't work...

if you want to have some zany maps, well you could make them yourself when the game is released.
(scout racing anyone? ;) )

as for unit-only missions... well it just really takes a lot of the fun out of it... and besides, eden's weapons tend to be more devastating then Plymouth's ones. (3-4 thor's tigers when backed up by other units and cannon fodder can usually alwasy come out on top against an eden force of similar size)
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline zeritou

Multiplayer Game Types
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2004, 07:04:06 PM »
how about use map settings, that would allow for an infinant number of compleatly different maps

but then that would the problem of many triggers to choose from in the editor

and ctf would be okay but it might take a special unit, that is say, slightly slower than a lynx to capture the flag but its slow enough that the people can get there flag back and it might take 2 players gaurding the same flag

ill edit back with more details on this unit, gotta go find the tweaks for my new hp-winxp comp ( I HATE WIN XP) and dinner
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?