Author Topic: Unit Ideas?  (Read 21820 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »
Just make the artillery have a relatively small damage value, bad targetting and a long reload time. Price will of course have to be adjusted accordingly.

Somehow you need to make it a "supportive" weapon I'd think. Like EMP.

And the whole cranking out argument isn't really valid. If you can produce high amounts of high level units compared to your opponent your likely to win in any case.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2009, 06:24:43 PM »
making a artillery unit do small amounts of damage to me seems pointless because if your going to have a artillery unit it might as well beable to do damage.

the trick is the dps (damage per second) of weapons.  if say the thors hammer has a dps of say 300 the artillery would need a dps of 75-100 to keep it from being the ungodly wall of explosions.  so that means it would be a light armored slow moving slow firing unit that does a good burts of hurt then gets rushed.  all it would mean then is a change of tactics on the part of the person that is being fired at.  making op2 more then just rush point click rush point click build build build click click click.

as far as supportive weapons go the only thing I can think would actually do any thing besides emp is ecm. which is just cutting off all control to the rcc/cc of the effected units colony.  thus only able to carry out its last command and any such funtion like shooting things that get to close and chase them.  but other then that the unit wouldnt beable to be controled by humans till said effect is worn off.  but the side effect of this weapon would be like flares and novas.  first one would be enough 2 is to many in most cases.  it would work like a flare nova 360 damage over a certain radius.  and the unit itself would be effected by it as well as any friendly units.  so its possible youll beable to reuse this unit if you can keep it alive (i doubt it because of how close it has to get) but that would be what i see eden being able to do for a more advanced form of flare.

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »
dont listen to hidiot or sirbomber, both are great friends and better enemies (you might get something from Arklon as well, but less likely). I always like imagination, espially with my favorite game. Think your Lepord idea is retarded, since every one knows that lepords dont hover, they fly. J/k. I think buildings with self defence is a major thing needed in such a critical time period, for not all colonies have enough resourses to operate GP or get vechile factories, some jsut might be pretty peaceful, and have important buildings have some defence so that annoying star flares dont creep up. mines are to powerfull, unless the common thing of scouts can see them, and worst yet, fast, portable mines would be kill. what you need is starflares to have the ability to bunker in and cloak them selfs, and tiger star flares have 2 shots (becuase they have 2 freaking bombs on them). good ideas, but LRC is a to powerful responce for Thors, espially since there is no atmospher and probably not enough gravity to pull a missile back down, unless its a tomahak missile, and in that case, would be to uncontrable with litttle air.
That may be true but in thin atmoshpere you would need less power to launch, and i like most of the ideas and i have a sugestion as well.  All of us remember the underground structures.  We could redo them but only into the sides of mountains and only certain structures (like a residence, commande center or lab).  Another idea is a second platform,if you will, a second set of
12 levels, on New Teras moon and have 2 or maybe 3 colonies (but after level 6 one colony fuses with one of the others, players pic,) I meen id help if we were to actually do this stuff to. I could help do the vehicle sketches, and terain and biulding sketches, if that would help!!!
Another idea is a pipeline attacker, it cant attack anything BUT a pipeline and it takes damage(like an earthworker but armored and from a distance of 2 squares)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:32:17 PM by jcj94 »

Online CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »
aye, the atmosphere is thinner, but is there more gravity?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Simpsonboy77

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2009, 12:36:22 AM »
aye, the atmosphere is thinner, but is there more gravity?
Only when you visit :P
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Online CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2009, 12:56:16 AM »
yes, the gravity of your situation increases whenever a mod/admin visits :P
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #131 on: December 25, 2009, 02:37:14 AM »
The way your thinking about a thinner atmosphere is backwards.  Helicopters can only go so high. but as the atmosphere gets thinner you have to spin the blades faster and faster. Thus any hovering unit in a thin atmosphere using any traditional propellers is implausable.

You might want to check out using Microwaves for levitation. I recall seeing it some where and would give more validity to a hovering unit.

I do not like the idea of a tube attacking unit. That would just be a major annoyance.