Author Topic: New Op2 Multiplayer Server  (Read 28835 times)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Op2 Multiplayer Server
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2003, 06:01:13 PM »
we'll support you just like we support knux, do home and works things first, than do op2 stuff
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Martynd

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2003, 12:42:17 PM »
right, im now officially pissed off, all it is is "lets rush martyn, lets rush martyn", "whats new martyn", "wat u got done martyn", as i said in my last message IM VERY BUSY, so y today do ppl still seem to think that ill have managed to get some work done, well actully i got work done, jsut not here, i got work done at my JOB, i had an EIGHT HOUR SHIFT TODAY (which btw was stated in the away message) yet ppl still have the nerve to say that i was ignoreing them, and trying 2 piss them off. if ym away m,essage ses AWAY, then guess wat, im not at my computer, and im not there to reply, so if it ses away IM NOT INGORING YOU IM JUST NOT THERE

just so you all know (since apparently my away message isnt good enough for you) im out for 14 hours tommorow from 11am till 1am, ill be getting up, and going stright out, and coming home and going to bed, so dont expect anyhting done tommorow, as i wont b there, i wont b ignoreing u

wen i get spare time(and have calmed down from today) ill work on it, wen i work on it, ill post what i have done, so theres no need to bug me unless your wanting to talk 2 me for a friednly chat, unlike currently where every1 talks 2 me for progress reports

btw, the reason i havnt been able to get it finished is as much your fault as it is mine, i need testers, there is a vast absence of ppl online during my daytime, so im unable to test with ppl, every1 is always on line wen im tired and ready for bed

but wateva, cya around sutime
right, well its now 6:30 my time, and i have 2 hours to test, coz yes, thats all i ahve to do, and supprise supprise just like every other time i have tried to test, no1 is online
see, u all moan at me coz its done yet, but if u were in my time zone, then i wooda had testers there at any time, now im gunna hve to sit and wait, and if today goes like every other time, sum1 will come on with 5 mins b4 i have to go

o well, we'll see

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2003, 01:17:31 PM »
I doubt, you read this before your time is over, but if you want to test, why aren't you in the chatroom?

If you would announce the tests ppl could probably arrange something with their online-time.

Well, you actuelly are there. Good.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 01:39:40 PM by outsider »

xfir

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2003, 09:31:32 PM »
As I've been saying, take a break.. I know there are those who think this should be an instant job.. but I realize it isn't and thus I will wait for Martyn to announce that is it ready.. I won't go about bothering him..

It is better if he doesn't have to constantly answer questions like "Is it done yet? Why not?" because that takes his time...

If you want it done, help out.. log into the server room every once and a while (instead of pestering him on AIM) and ask if he needs testers.. as he asked for above...

This is more or less a group effort, as he can't test it because his IP is the servers...

So therefore, give Martyn some room.. and cool down your anxiousness.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2003, 05:42:24 PM »
Martynd has updated 2 Chat System V1.1 and Multiplayer Network Pre V1.00 (BETA), i posted this bcuz he hasent...
n e way. dl it and play op2 or die.
http://outpost.sytes.net/op/multidown.htm

thx Martynd
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 05:45:01 PM by Leviathan »

Offline Jake

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2003, 08:53:46 PM »
Does this one actually let you PLAY?

Offline Jake

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2003, 09:47:20 PM »
Guess so.  :D Can't wait to play w/ my friend now :)

Offline Martynd

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2003, 02:02:21 AM »
Martynd has updated 2 Chat System V1.1 and Multiplayer Network Pre V1.00 (BETA), i posted this bcuz he hasent...
n e way.
how convenient of me  :P

it was quite interesting 2 watch how long it would take people to find it,and it was interesting to go through the logs of people trying the new game functions, to see if it was for real, or if i just forgot 2 disable them, newho, bugs use the bug report function, im not gunna spend my life checking up every forum on earth looking for posted bugs, the in client bug report button will send them direct to the server on a popup so i can see

Offline plymoth45

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2003, 12:29:39 AM »
it is now offical, i can not get the client of any version to run on my comp.

come up with a solution to this one. Run-time error '10057' socket is not connected.

Edit: Please use the Edit button.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 07:34:11 AM by xfir »

Offline Martynd

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2003, 01:16:55 AM »
did the old versions work?

Offline plymoth45

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2003, 01:46:21 AM »
the clients used to work, then i stop using them for a while, then they just die. i tried reinstalling, re dlling, nothing is working.

Offline Martynd

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2003, 12:03:41 PM »
used to work?

well i got your connection request, yet accoring to this u neva got the servers reply

have u put a firewall on since thenm, or use a router or something

make sure 15101 and 15102 are open (udp ports that is) and forwarding to your machine

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2003, 02:32:04 PM »
are you using a firewall or some sort of other software like a tunnel or something?

The program doesn't even use port 10057, unless for some reason there is a bug in the run time (not likely) that is making it do some weird thing...

Also remember that it probably will not work with a router/NAT because these basically "hide" your IP address from the outside world.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2003, 07:14:48 PM »
so now we have a working SIGS replacement, and I dont have a computer

just my damn luck
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Martynd

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2003, 02:27:26 AM »
posting on a public computer i take it?

Offline plymoth45

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2003, 07:16:16 PM »
ah, my parents just got their new comp, so i can't do squat except post until after christmas.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2003, 08:14:05 AM »
when i came home 2day run time error 10014 invalid argument was on screen.

btw 100 members signed up on the client, im sure a few r dupes but still good :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:14:56 AM by Leviathan »

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2003, 11:51:58 AM »
good work, wether it works or not.

Damned, that I have to spend most time for school.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2003, 11:12:25 AM »
had 10054 the connection is reset by remote side on startup

Offline Martynd

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2003, 12:36:18 PM »
yes, and before you got that, you would have got a message saying that i was doing work on the server

also, everytime you have logged in since, u will see a message in the fader saying im working on it

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2003, 07:50:12 PM »
i have no clue what you guys are takling about

xfir

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2003, 07:53:57 PM »
i have no clue what you guys are takling about
Do you know about the SIGS button on Outpost 2 Multiplayer?

Well, Martyn worked on a scirpt that allows you to connect to his server for WON-like games. Basically, it is a multiplayer server. No having to swap IPs.

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2003, 08:10:07 PM »
That's nice.....what's the SIG(S) button do?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 08:10:19 PM by Luweeg64 »

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »
well back when Sierra supported it, SIGS was a place you could go to chat with other people, and have op2 games, but because the game is so old, Sierra shut it down

and we still hold a grudge

Offline Vyper

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2003, 08:57:02 PM »
It seems that the server is down now...recoding they say. Hope it'll be back soon!