Author Topic: New Weapons  (Read 34398 times)

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2006, 07:57:23 PM »
The object isn't to command and conquer. It's to survive. Survival might mean you need to harrass your opponent and create a slow down in his race to create a viable star ship.

Weapons ideas must be created that conform to this ideology. It is just coincedental that the weapons make a good multiplayer game.

In other words, nukeing your opponent into oblivion might be fun, but it doesn't make sense for a race that's trying to survive from its kin. (Maybe if the Zerg were trying to overrun the planet.)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »
If you annihillate your enemy you dont have to worry about him and you get more resorces.  Survival by destruction

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »
exactly, and who
instead of just sitting there while missiles bombard your defenseless base.
said anything of having no defense? missile defense system was mentioned. You would prefer an orbital doomsday weapon? what would be the defense against that?

how about cyborgs? something like in terminator? the ability to make robots with lasers instead of arms?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »
No Arnolds walking around being the govenator.  

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2006, 02:58:20 PM »
The defenses against the orbital doomsday device is then 25% chance it has of not working and obliterating your enemy in a spectacular fashion.

And as for missiles, the Meteor Defense is the (lack of) defense.

The Meteor Defense... redfining the art of missing since 2143!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline lordly_dragon

New Weapons
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »
the hull missile could have impact lets say your a laser lynx and drop two TVLG (1 vehicle fair dmg) + your laser blast. This is giving you a head start against the said ennemie. If the ennemie is moving tight packed. Drop a SMLMN(many vehicle lower damage) and again give you a head start. for range SMLMN would have the max range. and TVLG somewehere beetween a laser and a rpg.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2006, 08:29:59 PM »
hmmmm.... Where is the decoder for all of your acronyms? I'm not familiar...

I thought that people were shying away from the MLRS type systems.

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2006, 05:53:34 AM »
I don't really know if this is the right place for this but how about walls which have inbuilt weapons turrets into them? not like a laser turret or anything but like a scorpion turret on top? I think that it will make a better if ineffectual defence. like a turret every 3 squares of wall would be good spacing. Comments??

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »
Wasnt that sugested before? I think it was disproved.
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2006, 09:37:44 PM »
there was a simular idea about being able to mount GPs on the walls.  And there was one about having them in the walls.

http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=3032
http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=2720
http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=3148

Any way Orbital Cannons arent need nor are they wanted.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 09:47:55 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2006, 08:59:53 AM »
Any way Orbital Cannons arent need nor are they wanted.

where did i mention orbitol cannons in my post?

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2006, 09:03:11 AM »
I'm really sorry for double posting but how about landmines? we could have a minelayer vec which could plant them!!!!!

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2006, 01:28:30 PM »
The problem with land mines is if they are permanet, which they usually are, can be spammed  and then you have to wade through them to get to a base.  If there not permanet then they just become a stronger single unit killing ESG.

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2006, 01:58:08 PM »
Land mines sound good.

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2006, 02:56:42 AM »
to counter you could have a landmine remover vec which could say pick up 5 landmines at a time and relocate them as ur own. or as the deactivation vec picks up more lm then it becomes easier to destroy by the opposition. ....... or... if hte lm deactivation vec picks up enough lm then it can become like a supernova and go and explode them at whoever it wants to. So now lm become a double edged sword. I think I balanced that rather well.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2006, 10:21:14 PM »
You dont Relocate land mines THE GO BOOM lol.  Land mine remove can best be done by a whore of scouts :).  But a New vec would look alot like the Mine removal vecs we have now with the 5 pound hammer flails.

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2006, 06:39:31 PM »
How about a prajectial weapon of some kind? Besideds the RPG, pipe organ,....

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2006, 01:51:12 AM »
Sabot Rounds Are pretty common.  But its really no different then a Rail Gun.  There really isnt much for "projectile" weapons that doesnt involve rocket thrust chemical or magnetic propellents.  In the end you really get things that are close to the RPG and Rail Gun.  The Pipe organ is just the Extreem of this.  OP2 has pretty much covered the generic weapons.  Lasers, Projectiles, Rockets, Lightning bolts, Magnetic weapons, Large bombs, Foams, and Acids.  All you could really add but they wouldnt fit in.  Flame or Plasma based throwers.  ION/Partical cannons (tank mounted).  Anti Weapons like ECM(Electronic Counter Measures) to cut off communitcations with tanks making them uncontrollable so they just do what ever there programed to do.  Then the weapons that no one wants.  Nukes.

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2006, 07:32:19 PM »
How about a stealthy unit with the speed of a scout and the armor of a tiger. It could be upgradable to three turrets (so you could have three thor's!) with a couple spider lasers mounted around it for point defense (from spiders). The spider lasers can't be EMP'd (so you could kill spiders if they try to re-program). And when the unit dies, it goes off with the force of like 6 super-novas. It wouldn't be as powerful as a nuke, but sweet...   (thumbsup)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »
I sure hope that is sarcasism

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »
Yeah sorry. I was a bit giddy last night. It was a crappy day. Though today was too, but I'm not so bitter...

Hmmm... How about some sort of weapon that spreads out a field of spikes. The spikes could be something like what you see the cops use across a road when they're trying to stop a car chase.

The spikes could be spread around the perimeter of the base and when a wheeled vech rolls over them, it's tires pop. Really this would just have the effect of slowing down the vech. I suppose you could put a "time limit" on how long the vech is affected (like it has self healing tires or something). <_<  

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2006, 11:31:02 PM »
Since the Vecs are made to take hits from lasers and other such rounds i dont see how a simple spike would get through some thing that is armored plus the Tires have to be thick and big to handle the terrain so spike might be nothing more then a bump plus it really doesnt hurt the vec any.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2006, 01:15:42 AM »
yea, even today modern military vecs have self sealing tires and built in compressors

interesting idea though
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2006, 06:59:19 PM »
I don't imagine you'd want inflatable tires on a vech that's exposed to extremely low pressures anyway... Just an idea... Perhaps a stickfoam mine. Or EMP mine. Rather than something explosive.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »
Doesnt make any sence to have those when you can have a Sticky foam that isnt a one time use and it can move.