Author Topic: Ezekel's rant  (Read 13066 times)

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2005, 10:36:01 PM »
Anyway levi, take that pointless, did I see xfir's name as newest registered?
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Drakmar

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2005, 10:37:33 PM »
Yeh, I think that you can make everything right again, if you transfer all control back to him! Then we won't be pissed for too much longer.  

Offline Leviathan

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2005, 10:43:54 PM »
And why would I want to do that? Oh yes, to regain your trust. Well im not bothered if you trust or not.
I just want the community to stay together.

Offline Drakmar

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2005, 10:45:53 PM »
Under your control you mean.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2005, 01:26:05 AM »
did anyone ever ask, why xfir didn't just put the forum at op.xfir.net back online and let people decide whether they stay there or come here?

Offline plymoth45

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2005, 01:32:04 AM »
To be honost i have tried to go there subconciously several times, and i find it anoyying that the forums aren't there anymore.

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2005, 03:11:29 AM »
Levi now we had a convo why do you play with xfir's account? I mean he told me he didn't register.
Ack... I am not enough sure that it means what I think it means so I won't say it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 03:18:15 AM by PlayingOutpost0-24 »
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2005, 03:30:04 AM »
Yes, I have asked xfir that. Also, you'll find posted on xfirs forums that he may want to take a break for a while. Not surprising considering. You can read the thread at: http://forum.xfir.net/index.php?showtopic=35&st=0

Keep in mind that running the forums is probably fairly time consuming and xfir likely has other things going on in his life. But no I don't expect him to disappear completely. And if you're one of the ones suggesting to the community that you want xfir back, you might also need to drop xfir a line too.

Btw, xfir didn't create that new "xfir" account on here. So beware if any funny posts appear.

Offline Tellaris

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2005, 03:33:06 AM »
Lev, its not that people want to destroy the community.   Its just that almost NO ONE trusts you anymore.

Now, who the hell deleted the New Terra skin?   I like that skin!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 03:34:08 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline TH300

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2005, 03:55:30 AM »
Yes, I have asked xfir that. Also, you'll find posted on xfirs forums that he may want to take a break for a while. Not surprising considering. You can read the thread at: http://forum.xfir.net/index.php?showtopic=35&st=0

Keep in mind that running the forums is probably fairly time consuming and xfir likely has other things going on in his life. But no I don't expect him to disappear completely. And if you're one of the ones suggesting to the community that you want xfir back, you might also need to drop xfir a line too.
Doesn't really answer my question there.

The situation was different. As forum.outpostuniverse.net existed for no longer than few minutes xfir could have reopened op.xfir.net and probably noone would ever have bothered to come here. The whole excitement could have been prevented.

He wants a break? great, he can have it. But then don't complain, that Leviathan and hacker made this break possible.

As for the "backstabbing" accusement, its pointless, because hacker and Leviathan did nothing that prevented xfir from reopening op.xfir.net

New-terra skin currently not working because of forum update. and yea, I want it back, too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 03:57:13 AM by TH300 »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2005, 04:01:22 AM »
The situation isn't quite as simple as you'd like to make it out to be.

Offline TH300

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2005, 04:21:57 AM »
I wouldn't mind if u tell me how it really is.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2005, 04:41:33 AM »
Why not ask the people directly involved? I can't imagine I'd have any hope of getting all the facts right.

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2005, 06:28:07 AM »
TH300. Even I see that the situation is not as simple as "Hacky hacky takedown forums.op-u.net and now reopen these forums"...
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline Cctoide

• http://hosted.xfir.net/cctoide/e107
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2005, 06:35:11 AM »
Drakmar, why do you keep calling everyone "power-hungry idiots"? Were you part of the mod team? I can't vouch for either side, so I'm not going to say this really happened, mainly because I think what we did was wrong and it was done the wrong way, but:

- Hacker-Levi claimed that xfir was always putting new boards down
- This means that you can't blabber on about the "trust", since a) if xfir trusted enough in them he would let them atleast move boards and whatnot and B) at the moment xfir is really pissed, and I understand why, and no, he's not coming back because no, he isn't going to forgive anyone... read his "last thoughts" document up for download on his site.

Oh, and peace. I don't mean to hurt anyone, nor either side. So please don't twist this.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 06:35:24 AM by Cctoide »
The Resident Newbie
OPUcomic, drawn by Cctoide

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2005, 08:13:37 AM »
New Terra skin is gonna get reinstalled probably within the next 30 min :)

I find it sad that the majority of the people are misinformed about this whole situation. And then they go on to mislead others.

IF we were trying to take control and force everyone to do what we want we wouldn't be polling people etc to ask how the boards should be run now would we?

And I'm sure everyone agrees that community input on how things are run/adminstrated is better than one person having it all and doing everything based on their own interests, rather than how the community wanted things to be.

CK9: There are many more updates than just that. If you went on IRC you'd be aware of what all has happened.

As far as losing trust, I really can't see how we've lost your trust if you think about it logically. We have given you a lot back that xfir took from you just since we moved.
One example: xfir forced everyone to store 100 PM's or less. He thought they took up space and slowed the boards down. That is so untrue.
We've upped the limit to 1000 PM's. We don't care how much info you want to store in PM's, we'll allow it. (And if that limit's not high enough we can raise it even more)

I notice that most of the people who are against the forum move are people who rarely go on IRC. They have absolutely no clue what is going on.
Remember when we added Moogle as an op to help us out in #Outpost2?
About 5 secs after the +o mode change showed up in the channel xfir pm'ed both me and Lev saying "You didn't ask me first. You can't do that".

He thought we were answerable to him for stuff we did on IRC. Which is also wrong. Levi started the IRC chan, xfir didn't. xfir doesnt make the rules on IRC. Therefore we have no need to answer to xfir on things we do in the irc chans.

To be painfully honest, xfir did almost nothing to help out the OPU cause. He may have coded 2 PHP scripts like the gamers list but that was something we could have easily done ourselves and wasn't totally necessary to the community.

For those of you who use the forums primarily for chit chat and don't see why we're doing this, I'm sorry. The interests of the gaming community need to come before the interests of the people who only talk on here and dont really share a connection to OPU, since this is the only remaining body of people who play OP2, and we need to keep it alive.

Offline Leviathan

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2005, 08:22:26 AM »
Howevea adding him as a op, like all things in the community should be a group deciton. But as half the people here are not on IRC regulary we fealt that it was fine to give him op status. I dont think anyone of IRC has minded, if he does step out of line, he wont be a op no more.

And like all things, we wish to review the situation with a fresh mind and find out what is best. So post what you think about how IRC and other things should be run. Thanks.

This forum should allways be a place to talk about more than Outpost i think, there are no restrictions on how big we can make it, thats why we want to add more sections. So we grow and expand, and Id love for your friends to come here OutpostPrime, more people the better. Just because peole are no too intrested in the main subject of our forums dosnt mean we should turn them away. We all have other intrests too.

My main reason to wanting to get away from haveing xfir in control was because we could not expand the forums. Who dosent want to see more members? Noone, eveyone wants our community to grow. So lets help it.

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2005, 08:42:38 AM »
Look. You all keep saying that 'xfir sucked' and 'we rule' and 'this is all for teh community' and 'you all are misinformed'... That leads nowhere! It even hall makes more confusion. You are talking against yourselves with those...
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2005, 08:54:54 AM »
CK9: There are many more updates than just that. If you went on IRC you'd be aware of what all has happened.

I'm aware of updates, most are to coding, one removing the cheats (now I have nothing to do when I get bored), and a chane to mp game setup menu
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2005, 05:13:23 PM »
Well there are other things that go on in the community besides just that, and you have to be on IRC often to get the full picture.
That is something we want to change though so people all over know what's going on.

People who never have used IRC, or rarely use it would be out of the loop about xfir's actions, etc because the majority of it occurred on IRC. (And in fact if you look at the public forums alone he wasn't a bad admin here. It's his behavior in IRC and non public areas of the forums which troubled us).

Offline Leviathan

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2005, 05:42:35 PM »
After an argument on IRC, xfir took down the forums.

After an argument on IRC, xfir took down the forums, we then moved them.

There has been times when xfir has been insulted on IRC, and threated to take down the forums and my website.  

Ezekel's rant
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2005, 04:55:46 AM »
I hate to say this but hell make up your mind...
You all know these people read the logs too. I know what you will say now... "OMGZ0RZ IT STARTED WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!!111oneone". What if they knew about it? You won't get your community back by posting 30 topics about being a GM or OPU teamer. You won't get your community back by saying it was an argument! You won't get your community back by keeping saying those things you've seen upper. Some are loyal to xfir and don't trust you so hell it won't change. We liked the forums as-is. Wow I can store 10x my original PMs.. Hell I don't get a single PM. Woot, I can be a GM! Let's start abusing! ^_^ What else changes did you ask for? Private toilet? Money? Own domain?
Official Site

PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
CODING [----------]

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2005, 09:51:24 AM »
Hacker, you start off with talking about updates and going into a whole new topic. Nice try, but it doesn't help your point.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2005, 07:39:23 AM »
Id rather not have people knowing the link. Why have you created this split from us? Why cant you just stay here and stay with the community?

You dont support the Outpost 2 cause at all. We want to improve the game and commnity.

I cant make you stay. But why leave when we have something so great? You clearly liked these forums before, so help us to keep them great?

Oh and bye. Sorry that your leaving. We hope you enjoy the Outpost content we will keep producing for the community.
a lil advice lev.
talking to ppl in that condenscending way is not a good way to reach them, even with logic.

this is one of the things that gets ppl miffed at you.

as for the OPC.
well, if anyone were to go there and read my latest post in the "news" section then they'll know my views on the situation.

we got a forum here, its well established and is frequented regularly by the fangame programmers, lets not ruin that, huh?

i mean, lev and hacker did something bad yeh, but so did germany between 1939 and 1945, but they've been forgiven. (and as a jew, i think that that means that if i can forgive em, well so can you). basically what i'm trying to say is that time moves on, and if you keep looking back you'll lose yourself in the past. you gotta keep your eyes on the path ahead, and that way you hopefully won't walk into any trees.

now as i started this thread, i'm hoping that this post will lead (eventually) to its end. (i really hate flame threads, ya know?)
lev/hacker don't lock this thread ok? let ppl have their say (just saying that, cos my last sentence kinda implied i wanted it locked, which i don't)
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Ezekel's rant
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2005, 07:41:52 AM »
And why would I want to do that? Oh yes, to regain your trust. Well im not bothered if you trust or not.
I just want the community to stay together.
oxymoron alert!

(an oxymoron is where something has a contradictory implication, sorta like "beastial beauty")

if you want the community to stay together, then trust is the no.1 factor lev
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!