Author Topic: Outrage!  (Read 8536 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Outrage!
« on: May 12, 2004, 08:24:57 PM »
Go here, read it a bit, and then check the bottom.  (thumbsdown)

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sg/outpost_2.txt

Does it look like anything you've ever seen before?

The Eden & Plymouth Strategy Guides THAT SIERRA WROTE! AND HE TOOK CREDIT FOR THEM!  :angry:

I say we all write to the website telling them to remove it and the author telling him not to steal other's work.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Sammyk

Outrage!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 09:45:26 PM »
thats not cool

Offline plymoth45

Outrage!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 10:23:18 PM »
Unless he is a seirra worker, HE SHOULD BE TORTERED TILL DEATH! Maybe i'm over reacting. But seirra has copyright on those documents, not that idiot.

xfir

Outrage!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 10:26:15 PM »
Is it word for word the same thing? If it is, then you can take action, else you can't do a thing unless he quotes Sierra as the original author.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Outrage!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 11:02:01 PM »
isn't there a program that can check that?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline zeritou

Outrage!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 08:33:03 AM »
okay so now i need alink to a spot where i can complain.  

could we call the us copyright office about this?
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 08:35:02 AM »
I carefully looked over the two and sent an email to cheatcc to let them know
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Phantom

Outrage!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 06:39:16 PM »
Dude, that guy (If he did steel the strategy guide word for word) could find himself in a ton of trouble if Sierra finds out. He would undoubtedly get huge fines. The bright side is that Sierra would make more money on something op2 related. lol!.

Offline Sammyk

Outrage!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 07:55:16 PM »
hahaha yep
 :P  

Offline plymoth45

Outrage!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 09:58:08 PM »
maybe if we do enough for them, they might embrace OP2 again, but then again, we might have to stick to the raid plan.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 11:21:19 PM »
Beta's got the EMP under development, and we could use some C-4...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

Outrage!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 11:38:46 PM »
It's a Walkthrough, telling how to complete the game *(duh)*

If Sierra did make one like this I haven't seen It.

Offline mustang09-06

Outrage!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 07:32:41 PM »
Watch Sierra won't care cause OP2 is too old.  so they won't do anything.   I can get some hunting guns BTW for the raid plan.  mostly 30 ot 6s.  (I a serious red-neck ain't i)
lol

not cool  :angry:  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 08:12:12 PM »
kiith, have you looked on the CD?
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Outrage!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 09:41:06 AM »
I already have a good 30 06, and I could use it as a sniper, pick off some employies at a distance while you guys go in there and get the OP2 stuff.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 07:36:17 AM »
If they don't care, then they obviously have no reason to keep OP2 rights.

Phantom

Outrage!
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 08:15:37 PM »
I have a .22, a 30 06, 12-Gauge, Katana, Claymore, and 6-Shooter I can contribute. lol.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 08:23:13 PM »
howd you get a claymore? a gunshow or somthing?

I have a 30 06 with over 300 rounds for it, a 12 gauge overunder and side by side 2 12 gauge pumps, 2 AR-15's with over 3000 rounds between them, a Garrand, a Springfield (forget wich model) man handguns (sry no lugers, those things are very hard to find) among others

plus in my basement I have an exparamental directional EMP and microwave weppon (although currently the tesilia coils that power it are very bulky and not easily transportable) as well as being able to get ahold of significant amounts of CL-20 (at least enough to desamat a small city)

who's the redneck now lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 08:24:30 PM »
I have a 33lb pull recurve that I can hit my target with...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Zircon

Outrage!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 01:49:59 AM »
Im starting to get tired of that "EMP"...

A true electromagnetic pulse can only be found in for example the explosion of an atomic bomb. If you were to in theory try to trigger an EMP you wouldn't get near anything if you used all the power running through new york city (even if running it through a tesla coil that generally becomes useless after a certain amount of discharges). Nonetheless be able to direct it.

It all depends on what you would call an EMP however, if you were to simply extract the magnetron tube (microwave, high voltage system) and plug it into a high energy source taking precautions that the user is properly shielded you could create a "weapon" capable of destroying computers, etc in not much time at all by creating induction in the relatively weak transistors which is a relatively easy process.
It would however also cook any living organisms in the vicinity.
It would also be difficult to shield the user as radiowaves naturally bounce of objects.

The US/UK military are about to begin using a "low energy" (high energy, low burst, whatever you prefer) version of it, it effectively heats the skin of approaching "mobs" making the nerves react but without making any physical damage. It is called the Vehicle Mounted Active Denial System (VMADS)

-----------------
Clip...

Active Denial Technology uses a transmitter to send a narrow beam of 95-GHz millimeter waves towards an identified subject. Traveling at the speed of light, the energy reaches the subject and penetrates less than 1/64 of an inch into the skin, quickly heating up the skin's surface. The 95-GHz energy penetrates 1/64 inch into the skin and produces an intense burning sensation that stops when the transmitter is switched off or when the individual moves out of the beam. Within seconds, an individual feels an intense heating sensation that stops when the transmitter is shut off or when the individual moves out of the beam. According to reports, a 2-second burst from the system can heat the skin to a temperature of 130° F. At 50 °C, the pain reflex makes people pull away automatically in less than a second. Someone would have to stay in the beam for 250 seconds before it burnt the skin,
----------------

Sorry :blush: Im not in a very good mood... St. Elmo's Fire is very beatiful to look at... (im not saying that you dont have a microwave weapon or a couple of tesla coils, all im saying is, please try to stay on this planet because a homemade (real) EMP is nothing more then a dream)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 02:16:18 AM by Zircon »

Phantom

Outrage!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 01:57:46 PM »
I meant a Claymore Sword lol. I got confused when I first heard that term also lol.
A claymore mine would be an awesome thing to have though.

The US/UK military are about to begin using a "low energy" (high energy, low burst, whatever you prefer) version of it, it effectively heats the skin of approaching "mobs" making the nerves react but without making any physical damage. It is called the Vehicle Mounted Active Denial System (VMADS)

I think they also reffered to it as a microwave prototype. But I could be wrong..

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 05:33:43 PM »
what about an electric pole transformer overload?
CK9 in outpost

Offline Zircon

Outrage!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2004, 04:36:52 AM »
It would certainly shortcircuit everything in the surrounding area, but the range would be limited and houses often have protection against power surges.

True EMP has no effect on organic matter, that's why the military wants it.
If a city is being a pain and needs to be neutralised but without civilian casualties, *drops bomb* wheee *Small Boom* a house gets an entry hole and a small blast then the entire city and more blacks out. Watches, computers, cars, power everything... (that is ofcourse as long as the electronics arent properly shielded, but due to its broad spectrum it is hard to shield objects)

Without any harmful effect on the people.

But as it is today, you can only create such a wave by an atomic bomb (not really true, but building one in someones basement is impossible). And an atomic bomb has other side-effects  :rolleyes:

Today it exists HPM's (High Power Microwave) which are basicly the thing mentioned on the first page.
It launches, it hits, and the strong currents flowing through everything gets roast, the side effect is that this "microwave" also effects organic matter so you'll have a city with roasted people all over the place which is not... good... :blush:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 04:46:14 AM by Zircon »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2004, 12:15:55 PM »
I thought it was the shiockwave of the atomic blast that disabled things neding electricity (well, it destroys them, hehehe)
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Outrage!
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2004, 12:50:58 PM »
hmm, has anyone watch that documentary on the 2 bombs that we dropped on japan?
they are quite interesting.