Author Topic: Gay marrage  (Read 20123 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Gay marrage
« on: February 26, 2004, 07:32:03 PM »
I personaly think it should be allowed in the US, as it is protected by the 9th ammendment:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

which translates to the citizens shall not be denied their natural rights (Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) nor any other right not mentioned in the constitution.

Thus, they are entitled to be married.

Any arguments?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Gay marrage
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 07:44:09 PM »
They are entitled to marriage, but I think it's a matter of legal stuff thought, like money and taxes. But I don't think they can get married by Churches anyway.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gay marrage
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 07:47:16 PM »
actually, there are some churches in the US that are open to it.

This is another case where the US is behind the rest of the world

(first instance was slavery, all other countries had ended slavery long before the US had)
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

xfir

Gay marrage
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 07:49:38 PM »
I am against them. Why, I'm not too sure. But nonetheless, I do not agree to such things.

And Kiith, the next one word post I see of yours will net you a warning.

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
Gay marrage
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 07:52:20 PM »
The marriages. <-- Read the topic title.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 07:53:49 PM by xfir »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gay marrage
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 07:55:27 PM »
x, are you a religious person?  Do you go to church a lot?
CK9 in outpost

xfir

Gay marrage
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 07:57:16 PM »
No, I do not attend chruch. I suppose my parents decided I didn't need it. I am in no way a very zealous individual.

I developed a thesis, however. I think religion was develop as a control method. Think about it and don't ask me anymore regarding it.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gay marrage
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 08:17:16 PM »
anyway...

I'm sorry x, but I must say your opinion on this sucks
CK9 in outpost

Offline Zircon

Gay marrage
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 07:39:58 AM »
If they want to marry, let them...

I agree with CK9 ^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 07:40:44 AM by Zircon »

Offline Zircon

Gay marrage
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 07:51:09 AM »
The goal of life is to ensure the continued existance of the genepool, it also contains the search for knowledge...

Not accepting your own mortality is a weakness...

(keep in mind that the above statements does not reveal a fair picture of my believes)

Also, religious people tend to fall for simple hoaxes more often, just check the other thread with the sun standing still  :lol:
But im not worried about the ones who said that "It's soo cool and soo truthful" as it clearly is a sarcastic answer...

Anyway this is pretty offtopic (...)

If 99% of the world population were living entities of stone would you like it if the stones banned marriage between creatures of flesh and blood...

(Note to self: Stone and meat does not make good comparative material...)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 08:51:14 AM by Zircon »

Offline it2000us

Gay marrage
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 10:02:41 AM »
I think that gay marriages should not be alowed. Because gays cannot have kids thus decreasing the growth rate of human population. The more gay people there are the bigger chance the human race has to become extinct.

Plus, this is a scientific fact that all people who are gay are born with it, it is a mental dicease that can and cannot be cured.

Offline Zircon

Gay marrage
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 11:18:14 AM »
The race going extinct... *cough* only one thing...
Gay people aren't going to reproduce (as said) thus it's not like they'll overrun the planet eventually...

Should infertile people not be allowed the marry either ?

Also if a lesbian friend wanted to have a marriage either because of the romantic ceremony or financial benefits i wouldn't want to deprive her of that happiness...

We all have a bit of mental disease dont we *crazy laugh*
*starts making sacrifices to the great potato god*
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 11:25:41 AM by Zircon »

Offline it2000us

Gay marrage
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 12:45:37 PM »
I didnt say that you cannot be gay zircon, i just said that they should not get married. Because its just not natural to have sex with the same sex person. But whatever goes you know...

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gay marrage
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 03:17:07 PM »
I think that gay marriages should not be alowed. Because gays cannot have kids thus decreasing the growth rate of human population. The more gay people there are the bigger chance the human race has to become extinct.

Plus, this is a scientific fact that all people who are gay are born with it, it is a mental dicease that can and cannot be cured.
actually, it, it has been proven that it is not a disease, and that was just an excuse that was used to arrest more people.  Think of it this way:  The world is over-populated.  Let the gays be gay, you have no right to tell other people who they can and cannot marry.  It's like saying that Beavtoven should never have been born.

(note to slef, don't compare music and sexual preferences)

The idea that being Gay is a Disease comes from close-minded people who are trapped in their boxes.
CK9 in outpost

Offline zeritou

Gay marrage
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 04:41:19 PM »
i believe that "homosexuals" (to be politicaly correct) should be allowed to have the ceremony if they want it but the state shouln't recognize it as anything more than 2 people sharing the rent on an apartment or whatever they are living in for _ reasons

(1) there is a passage in the bible that says it isnt right, i dun remember what book:verse:line it is but ill find it if i have to

(2) it decreases the population, if the all move to say, the state of MA then most of the population wont be having kids and MA's pop will drop to near nothing

(3) history: it wasnt allowed then, why start now?
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline plymoth45

Gay marrage
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 07:16:21 PM »
I don't think it should be allowed, in my opinion, very sick and wrong.

Offline AI_v3.2

Gay marrage
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 03:08:23 PM »
i Think the same as most of you if they want to get married then more power to them  (...)  
One look in her lusting eyes savage fear in you will rise teeth of terror sinking in the bite of the she-wolf

Offline ZeusBD

Gay marrage
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 03:42:37 PM »
I think that it should be against the law. Gay marriages goes against the bible, and wether we'd like to admit it or not, the bible is big in the US. In court you swear on the bible, God is mentioned in the Pledge of Allegiance, it is on our currency. I am a religious person and I support President Bush on his stand for an admendment to ban Gay Marriage. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay people, I have friends that are, just like I dont' look down on people who don't believe in my god, I won't look down on people who have other beliefs. They can consider themselves married, but to have the state recognize them as being married is wrong.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Gay marrage
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
Zeus, you cannot say it is against the bible, as there are too many ways it can be interpreted.  Imagine if one day I was pres... "And I promise, as your president, I will ensure that the nutral rights of all citizens of this grand country are protected and kept from the grasp of people who would have them taken away.  And as my first order of business, I will take on those companies that would take something away from a small group just because they aren't making as much money as they want from it!"  LMAO :heh:
CK9 in outpost

Phantom

Gay marrage
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2004, 10:52:18 PM »
actually, it, it has been proven that it is not a disease, and that was just an excuse that was used to arrest more people. Think of it this way: The world is over-populated. Let the gays be gay, you have no right to tell other people who they can and cannot marry. It's like saying that Beavtoven should never have been born.

First of all, this makes no sence whatsoever.  <_<

Zeus, you cannot say it is against the bible, as there are too many ways it can be interpreted.

Secondly, the bible is made to be interpreted only one way, literally.
I am sick of people, who do not even beileve the bible,when they try and interpret it to match their warped sence of perspective.
The bible was written as a history lesson. There is no way around it.

The bible says: "at the beginning, the Creator made them male and female"
Matthew 19:4
Notice how it does not say "Male and Male" or "Female and Female"
You can't get more litteral than that.

And in the bible, it says that people who do not have desires for women do have them naturally for the most part.

However, it also says that the individual to which this applies should not seek the same relationships with men as with women. Because that is not the natural order of things.

Also, not being attracted to women is not because you are a homosexual, today people believe that because of the warped view that the media and sosietal minority put out.

The bible clearly states that if there are no desires for a woman, then there should be no desires at all.

It also says that there is to be no sex outside of marrage (Which we cannot deny that the homosexual community is doing)

It also says (for those of us who believe the bible) that we are to love all people no matter what, However, it is the evil practices that we can tolerate, but not accept as a sosietal norm.

Also, the constitution says "The PURSUIT of happiness" not the guarentee of it.

Also, homosexual couples being considered married goes against the individual rights of the Majority of Americans who do not accept this behavior, and who do not want to recognize their marrages.

I think that the rights of the Majority should be upheld rather than the Minority.

Oh, and if you do not believe that the bible is true the way it is written, then all comments regarding interpretation of it is meer speculation.

You have to believe something is true before you have any right to try and "interpret" what it is meaning to say.

Nuff said.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 10:57:08 PM by Phantom »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Gay marrage
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2004, 08:07:36 AM »
I think gays/lesbians getting married is sick, perverted and wrong.

I'm a Christian but I don't even need my faith to go against this, I've always thought being gay was wrong...

I live in a city where there are a "moderate" amount of gay people and most people that I talk to do not agree with gay marriage.

I agree with Phantom and it2000us.

Now think about it: You may not theoretically think much of it; but if you saw a gay/lesbian couple making out on the street etc you probably wouldn't want to see it. (I can tell you, I don't really like seeing that)

And like it2000 said, gay people can't make babies.... so after a while it would degenerate into the extinction of humanity.
The real reason gay people get together is for the "intimate love" relationship. ie. sex. Not for "to be together". They can do that anytime.... that would be like me going somewhere w/ a friend, etc.

Marriage is a union between a male and a female. I strongly believe, "It begins with Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."

(I'm sorry to anyone that is offended by this)

Offline Zircon

Gay marrage
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 09:19:42 AM »
"And like it2000 said, gay people can't make babies.... so after a while it would degenerate into the extinction of humanity."

What do you mean  :unsure:  :find:
It's not like they're going to increase in number  :blink:

There's no logic behind such a statement :rolleyes:

If a city was populated by 100% of gay people it would become deserted eventually but gay people has existed since the beginning of time, even animals do it because of some reason. We should have already been extinct if their percentage would have increased over the years :heh:

Besides if it is a biological control mechanism there's nothing you can do about it.
Or perhaps you are one of those people that believe people choose to be gay, and then commit suicide just because of the fun part of it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 09:27:25 AM by Zircon »

Offline ZeusBD

Gay marrage
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 10:23:57 AM »
Zircon - *sigh* With all this hate/dislike, discrimination and letting a book over two thousand years old guide your actions humanity will never progress

It may be a really old book, but it talks about the basics of humanity, so it does apply for day to day purposes. If you read it then you will see that it does involve almost everything we do everyday. No it doesn't say specific evernts like tomorrow's lottery ticket number's or anything like that, but it does guide us on the way that we should live and the rights and wrongs of life. No matter how technologically advanced we get, the basics of life will always remain the same.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline ZeusBD

Gay marrage
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 10:44:33 AM »
I care because the bible says that it is wrong in many different ways. No it doesn't quote "Men shall not kiss and do other gross stuff" or anything but in an around and about way, it does say that it shouldn't be done. It is just disturbing to see two men even just holding hands.

Offline Zircon

Gay marrage
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004, 10:46:53 AM »
Then there is no point in discussing this further, im satisfied  ^_^