Author Topic: [Bug][FIXED] Loading game fails on turn 1  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Kyrros

[Bug][FIXED] Loading game fails on turn 1
« on: March 04, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »
Given the randomness of mine placement, I saved a few different 'turn 1' games to give myself some options to choose from.

All of them failed to reload with the following message:

Tried with both placed and unplaced SEED, both failed.  I can't tell if it's because it's 'turn 1' or because there's no actual SEED placed since it doesn't let you advance past turn 1 unless you place it  :P

Saves on turn 2 seem to load just fine.

[Also, how does one add in-line image attachments?  Also, where are games saved?]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:36:48 PM by leeor_net »

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: [Bug] Loading game fails on turn 1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
Yup. Aware of this -- it's fixed in 0.8.2.  ;D

Thanks for the report!

This is due to some code making assumptions about where the Command Center is located. That "out of bounds {-1, -1}" message is indicating that there is no CC built (default coords) but the game is assuming one has been built.

I use imgbb.com to do inline images. It has the problem of over time if a user removes images the link breaks. After you upload an image, you can copy the address of the image you uploaded, edit your message and use that image address to inline it. It's a bit of a kludge but it works.

Save games are saved in the user directory under AppData. On my system, my username is 'leeor' so the path is this:

C:\Users\leeor\AppData\Roaming\LairWorks

It'll be something similar for you. This is done to comply with Microsofts best practices for handling user data outside of program data.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:26:54 AM by leeor_net »

Offline Kyrros

Re: [Bug] Loading game fails on turn 1
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 07:43:57 PM »
..\roaming\LairWorks

Got it  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:46:21 PM by Kyrros »

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Re: [Bug][FIXED] Loading game fails on turn 1
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 11:37:11 PM »
This issue has been corrected in v0.8.2: https://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6382.0.html