Author Topic: OutpostHD v0.8.2 Released!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
OutpostHD v0.8.2 Released!
« on: March 23, 2021, 11:36:03 PM »
OutpostHD v0.8.2 is now officially ready for release!

Introduces communications range overlays, additional GUI quality of life improvements and a number of bug fixes that correct some subtle behavior issues.

What's New
  • Tile highlight overlays for communication ranges
  • Tile highlight overlays for truck routes
  • Robot Inspector Window -- allows for changing robot orders and issuing robot self destruct

What's Changed
  • FileIO Window now has a 'delete' button so save games can be deleted from within the game
  • Change order of food counting and population update so that landing cargo/colonist landers at the same time doesn't result in an immediate game over
  • Planet attribute and definitions moved out of the code and into external XML definition in the data files
  • Air shaft now behaves as a four-directional tube
  • Recycling Center now shows more information in the Structure Inspector window
  • Lots of internal code changes that will help with adding new features in the future

Bugs Fixed
  • Fixed some computations in the population simulation that caused subtle behavior issues
  • Fixed typos in some string literals
  • Robots and structures can now be placed at the edges of the diamond map view
  • Tile Inspector window can now be opened when right-clicking a tile on the edge
  • Fix savegame issue where game breaks when loading a savegame saved on turn 0 before the seed lander is placed

Gimme Gimme! Where do I get it?

Full release including assets available now on Github: https://github.com/OutpostUniverse/OPHD/releases/tag/v0.8.2

Many thanks and much appreciate to those who have helped by posting suggestions and assisting with code development! Couldn't have done this without your efforts!

I'd like to highlight the efforts of the following users who helped me with a lot of the code changes and improvements for this release:

• Hooman
  • Vagabond
  • belgianguy (github)
  • rmtoth (github)

Your help is very much appreciated!