Author Topic: Eve Tek Tank  (Read 35823 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »
wait the rcc dose somthing!!! when did this come up!!! no serusly the dang thing hasnt made a differnce for me. i just hold [Ctrl] and click the path for them. so why have it. i may be able to find the code useing Cheat engine. (its the same program that i use to make the trainers for op2) i have already found a way to make every unit invencable(they still have there health go to 275)

as for the cgf it dose alot if you need a temp moral boost. all tho it cost's too much for me to use while under constant attack or when the blight has it in for me. you know, all the time.

what dose the light tower do besides get in the way use up recorces and light up?that is truly the most poinlss building i may (if i can) change its sprite, name ,and its uses so i can add it in to the tek tree as a useful object.

Note: if i am misspelling more then usial it is cause this computer dosen't have ANY form of spellcheck.  
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Kayedon

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
Yes, because a memory editor shows skill in .... anything.
Also, get a spellchecker for your browser.
If you're using Internet Explorer, get a different browser. Actually, you could just get Google Toolbar which has a spellcheck.
If you're using Chrome, spellcheck is built-in.
I think FireFox is built in too, but correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't remember other browsers.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:46:04 PM by Kayedon »
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2010, 01:46:02 PM »
IE has had it's problems, but I still like it!

Anyway, I wonder how hard it would be to modify the RCC to make it more useful than it currently is
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »
when i'm not on a county owned computer i have some spell check options due to the fact that i have both Fire fox and chrome and yes i have to agree that IE has problems
-famous last words

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
I think you should open the tek files for op2 and read them it might help get a better idea of what you want. Its nicer to have the research topics split up because it keeps the management of the game there instead of condensing multpul topics into one.

The RCC does work but only to a extent after a while it just fails for some reason.

On  side note dont complain about spelling in the thread or any thread ask them over pm your only adding non topic stuff to the thread.

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »
okey then in that case what do you think about nanotechnology
-famous last words

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2010, 03:23:30 PM »
Just a thought. Have the RCC always seemed to malfunction for you guys, or is it something that happened after unit limit was doubled.. ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Simpsonboy77

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »
Just a thought. Have the RCC always seemed to malfunction for you guys, or is it something that happened after unit limit was doubled.. ?
This should be broken off into another thread, but it is an excellent question. I never saw the units revert to their 'dumb' AI while I had a RCC up. I might also not be paying enough attention.
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
Good point there highlander, it wasn't until AFTER the increase that I noticed it happening.  I don't have my CD here, so I can't test it until this weekend to confirm it.
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »
extra-colonial Decription---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------revews infomation stolen from the other colonys to use for self
This would be perfect for stealing teks from others in multi-player.  You could scout-snatch (or whatever you'd prefer to call it) the enimies techs.  This would add a whole new era to the multiplayer gameing stratagies.

Offline jcj94

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2010, 07:05:52 PM »
Okay, so the CGF is good for space race, midas and resource race (the least played three styles) but in LR and LO, a residence takes less attention than a CGF, but neither is needed because most of the time moral is steady.

But what if your like me... I don't like to play morale steady unless the disasters are on (YES i know you guys all will end up never playing with me for this).  I don't like it because it makes the game just plain to easy.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »
moral steady is mainly used when you're going to be focusing on combat.  Fighting other players requires a LOT of attention.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »
there was a modded tek file. that involved nano technology but nothing really scientific like the rest of op2.  To be honest it came with its own problems like making certain units over powered or just causing bugs.

Offline jcj94

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »
Well if it was a modded tek file cant we re-mod it?  Or atleast glich fix-it.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
I would say dont bother with it but its just a example of how certain things can get out of hand.  So i would say nano technology is a possiblity but it shouldnt make every thing uber.  It only does stuff on a small scale it isnt going to make say a star flare in to the end game button.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2010, 01:08:11 AM »
The most that nano should do is improve repair rates (justification: nanites can more easily find and repair the microscopic cracks that can lead to structural failure) and MAYBE decrease spider reprograming rate (only by a small ammount)
CK9 in outpost

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43:17 AM »
Well, how about a research that incorporated Nano technology into spiders repair somehow. Rate of repair is probably fine as it is, but how about letting spiders repair vehicles up to 60-75% with this technology ? (Now it's up to 50%)

Could potentially make spider useful for a change..  

Offline Tellaris

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »
Hey, Spiders ARE useful! Use them to keep toks active when you can't afford the rare expense of MHDs. Also, Spider+EMP missile is a useful combo against Eden...
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2010, 03:24:22 AM »
Yeah, as for keeping Tok's at a stable level, Spiders are fine. But you need like 3-6 spiders total for that. (And MHD's cost what, 400 rare ? Usually you can afford that)

Spiders + EMP missile is fine against AI and perhaps players who doesn't know how to defend from this, or don't see the spiders coming - meaning you have to get lucky to pull off a decent capture.

In most cases you would be better off with a EMP Missile + a few Supernova lynx.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
Spiders + EMP works great on La Corr if you get the timing right.  Since you have a natural choke point, hitting the enemy right there tends to give you a decent capture, but you need a LOT of spiders to get as many as possible.
CK9 in outpost

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »
i will use nano's to make ether medic centers MUCH better or use them to counter act the The Blight. Not to make a super unit(although making scorpions with a larger range Would be nice)

so As long as no super vehicles appear it is okey for this tek

For scorpions how bout low powered optical resonator discharge to increase range
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:07:14 PM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2010, 01:49:55 AM »
no to the lava flow countering, nanites would just be destroyed.

Scorpions do need something to make them more worthwhile, but they can't be powerful enough to make everyone just start spamming them.
CK9 in outpost

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »
Who said any thing about lava? i do agree tho that any nanite unfortunate enuff to fall into lava would be destroyed. as with the scorpian range how about instead of a 2 space range how about a 4 space range or increase damage by 150% - 200% you know just enuff to make them effective

jcj94 im sorry i didnt see your post. no that tek is the tek that unlocks the opponents tek tree. in other words, the tek is not going to alow you to steal the others tek it leads to a different part of the tek tree
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:32:39 AM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
i will use nano's to make ether medic centers MUCH better or use them to counter act the lava flows
LOL N0[size=0] [/size]0B
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Kayedon

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
use them to counter act the lava flows
Who said any thing about lava?

Someone do me a favour and check for shared IP's. ;o

And a nanite wouldn't just "fall in" to lava. We're not talking about a tank here, we're talking about a nanoscopic robot.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."