Author Topic: Unit Ideas?  (Read 21922 times)

Offline Hidiot

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2009, 10:43:38 AM »
What is the use of three people conveying the same thing as if they did it separately?
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »
Make Solar Power Arrays solar powered.

Wait...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 12:06:15 PM »
If you're talking about the colony solar power plant, they're solar satellite powered. So yes, your idea has merit.

Offline Kayedon

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »
Wouldn't that defeat their whole purpose of illuminating dark areas?

Give all buildings except GPs and light towers a sight range of 1 or 0 and all units sight range a value of 1 or 2 and then let's see how light tower usage goes up :P
I actually like this idea. Except maybe no site range beyond their buria- I mean, building plot? I dunno.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Hidiot

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
You have my "modified out of boredom with little regard to anything" Test.rar download in the File Forum which does that and thankfully little else in the buildings.txt and vehicles.txt department. The other files? Ignore them.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2009, 01:17:15 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Tricod-Cyclinder-Sto...54852729&sr=8-9

owned. you should look online before trying to insult me. and yes it was sarcasm.

having low light setting on buildings seems really stupid.  most buildings at night have mercury vapor or halogens on the out side to illumniate things.

in truth the solar power plants are solar powered as they run themselves by solar power :P

Offline Sirbomber

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »
Replace power plants with super-Agridomes that burn food and plant waste to produce power.  This means that if you starve, you also run out of power, adding insult to injury!

Since Plymouth has arachnids, let's give Eden the Cyberdemon.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline vennom

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2009, 12:38:54 AM »
Replace power plants with super-Agridomes that burn food and plant waste to produce power.  This means that if you starve, you also run out of power, adding insult to injury!

Since Plymouth has arachnids, let's give Eden the Cyberdemon.
plymouth has archnids, eden has thor's hammers...

Offline WooJoo

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2009, 07:48:16 AM »
[Sarkasm]what about bombing ballons!!!! they fly in the stratosphere and drop bomb anything into oblivion f*** YEAH[/Sarkasm]

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
possible but it falls under the flying unit thing and i just dont see it happening plus the japanese tryed it didnt work to well.

Offline WooJoo

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »
sure it didnt work for the japanese COUSE it hadnt had mecha legs! everything at japan only works with mecha legs ...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:35:05 AM by WooJoo »

Offline vennom

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2009, 03:01:16 PM »
sure it didnt work for the japanese COUSE it hadnt had mecha legs! everything at japan only works with mecha legs ...
"mucha legs" would be "many legs" o.o?

Offline Sirbomber

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
Mecha, not mucha.  As in mechs.  As in giant robots.

He's being (slightly?) racist.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
um no

and he means giant robot legs.  

mecha is another word for giant robot anime/manga

and totally offtopic.

and dont even try to be crazy on these forums. we dont find it that funny its not confusing its just dull and listless like a trapped sailing ship.

again offtopic all of that crap.

world war 2 the japanese attacked the mainland of america using bombs attached to weather balloons.  mainly the north west to set the forest on fire. And it failed because balloons dont fly in straight lines and there not that durable after a while.

and its a flying unit which are a no.

Offline Sirbomber

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
While giant bipedal robots armed to the teeth are a bit of a stretch, miniature versions aren't all that unbelievable, considering we actually already have some.  Of course, I can't see them as being anything more than Eden clones of Scorpions with two legs instead of six, so... Why?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »
if eden was going to make a mini unit it would be more awesome then a walking unit.  it would have tank tracks and 4 small guns of doom.

plus he was just trying to be crazy and get some attention.

Offline WooJoo

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »
a dozer with a shield on the front side to deflect enemy attack! i would consider it a option couse what would you use as weapon if you dont got that much ore to build it?
lazor tesla and microwave clearly show that only a weapon of no ore consumption would be a good investment . so i would think a unit to protect my investments is somehow logical at least in my opinion .

Offline Sirbomber

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
if eden was going to make a mini unit it would be more awesome then a walking unit.  it would have tank tracks and 4 small guns of doom.
I approve.  What kind of guns though?

Offline Kayedon

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2009, 04:58:33 PM »
if eden was going to make a mini unit it would be more awesome then a walking unit.  it would have tank tracks and 4 small guns of doom.
I approve.  What kind of guns though?
Guns that cause UR DETH, MORTL. Duh.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2009, 02:18:25 AM »
you dont have the ore say any doom 3 lines.

it would be coil guns.

Offline DartStriker

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
So... near-free munition guns to protect your investments. Getting defensive makes a bit more sense for this world, since they have to constantly defend against the planet and other colony. But then again, is the best defense a good offense?

At any cost, what exactly is a coil gun? Because I think of one of those Tesla coil's shooting electricity, which would just be a Thor Jr. What about, and this may be a bit primitive, but some sort of catapult, or siege cannon? Though that would use ammunition.

Offline Moley

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »
coil guns are mini (?) rail guns
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.

Offline Spikerocks101

Unit Ideas?
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »
they shot little springs at you, which if too many get attached, you bounce all over the place.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 12:10:34 PM by Spikerocks101 »
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
coil guns works like a rail gun. they just degrade less and arent as powerfull but they still pack a punch. how ever you can make rail guns the size of a pistol its just all the cap bank you need to run it is very large and heavy a coil gun can actually be completely hand held.

a catapult or seige cannon.

i did a thread about the unit i thought up the Puma Artillery Unit.  very slow very lightly armored so easy to wipe them out.  but if just cranked out they would make a unstopable phlanx wall of pwn.  making them uber expensive isnt the right thing to do either.  if you do that then they wont be used in favor of 2 units for the cost of one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 12:32:00 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Unit Ideas?
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
What about artillery units with limited ammo? They would be much less useful if they had to be constantly sent back for repairs. It'd also give their opponent a chance to repair any damage they've done. Couple that with really bad accuracy, and it could get interesting. I bet they'd get used just for the physchological effect of getting a few free shots in first, even if they do really little damage (mainly due to accuracy?), and require a lot of time and effort to use right.

But then, I also tend to hate siege weapons, and have my doubts about their use in Outpost 2. I doubt targetting a vehicle factory, and accidentally taking out a nursery would go over all that well.