Author Topic: Vista Op2 Menu Correction.  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Admiral S3

Vista Op2 Menu Correction.
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:04:10 PM »
So you have decided to install Outpost 2, which was designed for use with windows 95 on your all new top of the line (Insert computer manufacturer here.) that comes with Vista, and damned it to hell the old win XP trick to get your little yellow lights no longer works, mostly cause you have no idea where the option is now.

No problem. its still there, they just decided to move it to another spot.

Right click your desktop, and select personalize, now on the bottom of the left side is the words Ease of Use, click that. (Alternativly you could goto your control panel. Then select Appearence and personalization, ease of use.)

Now select the option "Make the keyboard easier to use." scroll to the bottom and you will see "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" check this box and select save or apply from the bottom.

Now launch your OP2 game, and bingo your little long lost yellow lights are all back once again.
Deep beneath the planets surface ancient power systems spool up. Long forgotten, the citzens of the venerated Âlpha Ðefense League begin to wake from thier long sleep.

At long last the Admiral has returned.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »
Right! This was that bug that'd I'd been meaning to look into but had never written down. *Adds to the ToDo list*

Btw, you can also just try pressing Alt in game. Once you press Alt, you should be able to see the option button selection on that screen. Also remember that they still work no matter what, you just can't see them.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
I can't remember where, but somewhere in the forum is posted a permanent fix since this error began in XP
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »
Isn't this a typical problem with Vista?

You know that windows should have this option, and if they had put it in the place it had been with all previous windows versions you would not have complained -- But hey MicroCrap decided to just put it in a new spot, so it would be EASY to find!

Go figure!
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »
"easy to find" translates to "hahahaha!  You stupid consumers!  We're hiding everything from you!"
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:23:09 AM »
PS> An observation about Windows in general (the following question was asked in the MCSA course):

Q: "What are the default settings in windows ?"
A: "The settings that you should immediatly change after installation (by default)."

(instructor was not happy with the answer of this bright student!)
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline CK9

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
lol, well, sometimes it's true.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Conestoga

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »
So THAT'S how you get those lights back on? I thought it was because it had something to do with downloading the game which didn't have it. That's a relief, I do love those lights!

The Conestoga :op2:
Robert E. Lee - "Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret."

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »
The latest OP2 update (1.3.5 Beta 2) should have that bug fixed, so please try that version and report if the radio button thing isn't fixed when running on Vista.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"