Author Topic: New Weapons  (Read 34420 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2006, 05:36:06 PM »
Look at page one damn it damn people dont read the f***ing thread not just the post above yours.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:36:26 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »
Somebody's cranky...
The only thing similar to the magic ball launcher is your cannon, which you say is slow. My magic ball launcher is relatively fast and acts somewhat like a grenade.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2006, 07:02:22 PM »
I am also in favor of the metal stick. The metal stick rules all...  :ph34r:

All bow before the might of the metal stick in all it's glory. Down shall your foes be thrown before the righteous hath fallen...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 07:06:06 PM by White Claw »

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2006, 07:43:18 PM »
I don't think you're taking me seriously.

"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2006, 10:04:07 PM »
no response to camoflaged laser turrets? and no my lord my mode of addressal is not meant for amusement but only a short form of your nick. Easier to write. Perhaps if you kept it godly_dragon........

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2006, 02:51:12 PM »
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY STICK!!!!

How about a pulse laser cannon. Rapid fire. Low recharge. Low damage, but because of rapid fire, low recharge and medium range, this thing is powerful.
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »
How about something that changes the melecular structure of the atmosphere to GREATLY incress the psi in a certain area. Squish the stupid target. lol.

Lynx vs Air at 500,000 psi. Sunday. Be there. lol
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:30:49 PM by Skydock Command »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2006, 07:07:18 PM »
Uh What?  The only thing that could change pressure is a shockwave.  Your not going to change a specific colum of air to crush some thing.  That is just a bad idea.

Pulse lasers Rapid and low power i dont see a reason to have these considering the laser/mic both need Heat dissipation to fire faster.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 07:08:47 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Chandler

New Weapons
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »
Sonic Tanks! Devastaors? Rofl.... sorry.
Chandler

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2006, 01:49:38 AM »
I dont like the Idea of sound weapons.  Sound can be reflected easy and it looses its power over range.  Not to mention there isnt much sound is going to do to armor.  the power you would need to make sound damage armor you would be better off firing a laser.

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2006, 08:49:36 AM »
If we had more then one solar system and planets and stuff we could make somthing that could cause a supernova in a star.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »
No.  No more of these END ALL DOOMS DAY WEAPONS!.  They was to survive not blow them selfs up because they dont like the other people.

Offline lordly_dragon

New Weapons
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2006, 02:07:55 PM »
How about special situation unit. Like a sensor jammer, or guided weapon jammer that can be put as a weapon. Or add some device so you are less likely to be touch (hull down, deploying smoke that screw the aiming) ....or mass driver gun. or special missile ad on you have like two of these. I see two types one that is doing very small amout of damage but spread and other a fair good dmg over 1 unit.

COmment?

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2006, 03:39:07 PM »
Smoke grenades are cool but with the sensors the vecs couldnt hide at all in smoke.  

ECM (Electron Counter Measures) is one way of jamming.

Hull down is just using the terrain.

Mass driver = Rail gun

i am not sure about missiles tho.  I mean if some one can mass emp missile what do you think missiles that can damage buildings would do.  YA YA i know your going to say well its your fault for letting them get that far.  Some times you dont have a choice or they are just fast.

Offline lordly_dragon

New Weapons
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2006, 04:30:34 PM »
no they are small vehicle carried missile just for combat purpose. they do not do a lot of more of damage than standard weapon (in case of the one that spread do so little damage but to many unit) there is a limited number for each vehicle (2).

Hull down is just using the terrain. you can do  it without using the terrain. by placing a charge bellow your tank its make a hole that you dig into it.

For the smoke it can be made of particle that block wave. They dissipate over time off course ;)!

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2006, 05:31:18 PM »
How about a sat that jams sensors so the enemy cant see him or you on the map.

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2006, 09:20:26 PM »
How about a sat that jams sensors so the enemy cant see him or you on the map.
And we can call it a Gap Generator...
Well, I guess we can't always have completely original ideas.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2006, 09:38:50 PM »
Some thing in orbit really isnt good I dont think it would work.  Its just to damn high up.  ECM can jam sensors but it has a limited range.  ECM basicly blast out static on all frequencies with electronic it does have a effect.  

So lordly you mean a Missile launcher Truck or Half Track.  Carry like 6 or 8 missiles in real life hit from a range of like 100 miles.  Basicly Extended range artillery.  But instead of one powerful shot it fires like a multipul salvo of missiles using the spray and pray method.

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2006, 12:09:58 PM »
New Weapon: The Brick Launcher
Our scientists have proposed a new projectile weapon that would make use of the rocky soil of the planet. This new weapon would be cheap and have practically limitless ammo. Our scientists seem especially eager to begin researching and developing this new weapon.

...That's what they tell you in the tech teaser thing. What really happened:

Our scientsits got high again and made another useless piece of crap. This time it's a vacuum cleaner that sucks up dirt and throws it (the dirt) into a machine that makes it (still talking about the dirt) into a brick. What's worse is they broke one of the Scouts we needed for that expedition and glued the sensor onto the top. To top it all off they shoved it onto a Lynx and spent all night shooting bricks at the canyon wall while screaming something about ghost elephant ninjas. The darned thing can't even turn because of the vacuums on the side. You can have fun with the Brick Launcher while I sit here and be ashamed of myself.

A: The turret part
B: The part the bricks come out of
C: Sensor stolen from a Scout
D: Vacuum
E: Useless detail

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »
lol. What are they getting high on and how? Its not like they have beer or marawanna or something.

Offline lordly_dragon

New Weapons
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2006, 11:18:39 PM »
correct spelling is marijuana

@freeza not long range at all. I play with my uncle a table strategie game called centurion. you basicly have platoon of tank and they can send short range missile that spread damage differently on a hull sheet . one that is spreading on a vast portion and the other more deeper. they also can use smoke (prevent direct contact)  and digging charge (to hull down).

You could have two type of missile that is NOT overpowered and not overranged. one that would do minor damage but like to many unit or one that do more damage for one vehicle. THe point is to add a edge start to fight lets say you fire with your weapon and fireing 2 missile afterward you got no missile.

I hate artillery unit.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2006, 12:59:36 AM »
if it so limited why even have it then?

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2006, 05:38:43 AM »
You wouldnt. Not unless those few missles had huge side effects on its tagret.

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2006, 09:34:33 AM »
instead of having missiles on a vec how about a missile silo with icbms? then we could have a actual missle defense system instead of something meant for asteroids

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:39 PM »
Because the last thing we want is more missiles for people to spam so they can make the game incredibly one-sided.
I think I'd prefer an orbital doomsday device...
At least that way you can vaporize in a spectacular manner instead of just sitting there while missiles bombard your defenseless base.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:33:18 PM by Sirbomber »