Author Topic: New Weapons  (Read 34176 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »
Uh ya if you read we pretty much written off the Pipe organ as the wet dream of a mad man (HEHEHE BETARAY)

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 03:02:58 PM »
Right I forgot about that when I sent the post. I looked at the weapons again and I think that the Electron Flux Cannon is preaty good.
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
umm I don't know if anyone has realised this but weapons utilising metal projectiles ie firearms like chainguns/machineguns or any type of gun is subject to the gravity and atmosphere of the planet on which they are being used. A bullet might just fall down straight on a planet like jupiter while it would move with a high velocity on pluto. Unless of course we are not being so technical about it, then it doesn't really matter

But I would steer away from such weapons and stick to energy based types. Maybe a lightsaber based tank or something? no maybe not..........

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »
No colony would ever be on a gas giant or any planet with such a heavy gravity and pluto is too small.

The RPG EMP ACID CLOUD STICK FOAM Are all NON energy weapons that have a Balistical trajectory.  Rail gun isnt a energy weapon either but its speed makes it a line of sight weapon.

Weapons like Chainguns and more convential weapons like single barrel longer range rifled guns.  Solid projectile chemically propelled weapons are effective and would be alot cheaper to make then a laser.  But in the fairness of the game i would say they would cost close or the same what there counter parts would.  Some thing like the Pipe organ would destroy all and wouldnt ever be in the game.

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »
The biowarfare is interesting. You should go into a little more detail on it. I dont think the flame thing would work.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2006, 12:35:52 AM »
I dont think any game should ever have nukes or Bio weapons.  Super powerful end all weapons arent wanted.

What Flame thing do you speak of?

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2006, 06:21:33 AM »
Sorry its the Plasma Thrower. Looks like a flame thing....

Anyway, wouldnt the plasma just fall or be absorbed by the atmosphere particals? Plasma is the forth state of matter, but isnt it formed by ripping elcetrons of other matter? If so, electrons are easlily absorbed by any other matter, unless procations are taken.  

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2006, 07:26:16 AM »
Yes, plasma contains ionized particles. But that's not all there is to it. Just like any other weapon, environmental effects would limit the range of the weapon. But it's not like it would make it an inch out of the barrel and disappear. That energy is going somewhere in a hurry...

Containment and production inside a vech would be a trickier issue.

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2006, 07:35:44 AM »
Containment isnt that hard depending on the quality and type of plasma. Weapons Grid plasma is hard to contain. VERY hard to contain. It would be hard to produse it as well in side the vehical. It would be like tring to light a match while its in its box closed up exept for one or two small holes, then hoping that match wont light the rest of them or the box itself.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2006, 12:13:54 PM »
Well I was thinking of a big ball of burning Alpha Hydrogen that was projected out the barrel using magnets.  But its not like lighting it on fire with a pilot light or a spark thinger.  I was going more along the lines that it was compressed untill it enters a fusion like state.  And as far as i know Fusion cores win over the environment hehehe.  But it would be like firing a small sun or the center of a tokamak.  But i doubt it would be as hot.

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
Let's glue a big metal stick to a Lynx and have it crash into stuff.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2006, 12:24:46 PM »
lol a ram rod lynx

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2006, 12:36:15 PM »
Give a Lynx huge amps and use them to make an earthquake.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 04:34:36 PM »
LOL!!!!

The amps would have to be HUGE. Like Structure Factory sized. The rod thing would break. lol.

Offline White Claw

New Weapons
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 01:08:22 PM »
We should just make the colonists fight hand to hand with swords. (It's just a flesh wound!)  :P  

Offline Skydock Command

New Weapons
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »
Or a stab in the heart, lol.

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2006, 07:10:16 AM »
But the whole reason of using robot controlled tanks is to prevent the loss of human life. There being too few colonists to actually have hand to hand battles.

(I LOVE being literal when other people are joking!!!)

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2006, 07:12:10 AM »
But seriosly. How about a mounted ion cannon? or like a satellite which can beam down lasers or shoot emp bombs?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2006, 12:13:03 PM »
No Orbital weapons platforms
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:13:15 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »
But seriosly. How about a mounted ion cannon? or like a satellite which can beam down lasers or shoot emp bombs?
007 cliche.

Offline lordly_dragon

New Weapons
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »
007 cliche

Yeah, and C&C and even USA with their pointless missile shield.Yoda says: Shut down this idea is.

But the whole reason of using robot controlled tanks is to prevent the loss of human life. There being too few colonists to actually have hand to hand battles.

This is the whole point why this debate about human venturing outside is pointless. IMO just do NOT mention it that human would/should/could/other choice of words go outside.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2006, 07:01:44 AM »
(I LOVE being literal when other people are joking!!!)

my lord perchance you missed that little line at the end of the post.  

Offline Rags

New Weapons
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »
ok so the ion canon idea was a flop. how a bout camoflaged laser turrets? or mines?

Offline lordly_dragon

New Weapons
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »
is it a practical joke to state me as a lord (cool btw I like lord but prefer either god or Zeus choice is yours :)). Enyway...I dont have much to say for the current topic until someone bring a freshness on it.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Sirbomber

New Weapons
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »
Stop double posting Rags.

Orbital doomsday devices are overused, overrated, and always have some incredibly obvious weakness that allows the immediate destruction of said orbital doomsday device. How about an orbital metal stick shooter? You cannot resist the power of the metal stick!!!

I've lost track of what has and hasn't been suggested. How about some kind of energy pulse weapon? It shoots a big (insert color here) ball of light/energy/whatever.

The problem is, that most weapons would essentially be clones of the weapons we already have. Any new projectile weapons would basically be an RPG/Rail Gun clone.