Poll

Would a Outpost MOD on Warcraft III work out well?

Yes!
12 (32.4%)
Maybe.
6 (16.2%)
No!
15 (40.5%)
I don't know.
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: A Outpost MOD On Warcraft III  (Read 10418 times)

Offline Isolocis

A Outpost MOD On Warcraft III
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006, 10:03:33 PM »
Oh, zip it. You're not understanding it: To gain more attention.
dat belogns in advertizement lol lol

locked rofl

I'm sorry, but I do not believe that mods are a good way for drawing attention to Outpost 3.  By the way, you thought I was serious when I said that a tree will fall on the mod designer?  :P

But don't put down a perfectly good (albeit hard to implement) idea, ALRIGHT?!
I would not say "perfect" if I were you.

Actually, I believe that it will make things complicated.  What if we had an order of how things happened, like this:

Outpost mod is released.
Players download and play the Outpost mod.
Outpost 3 comes out and the mod players flock over there.
Players who did not play the mod yet will play it, but no one is going to play online since they went for Outpost 3.
Players download and play Outpost 3.

What if you replaced it with Outpost 2?  It may look like this:

Players download and play Outpost 2.
Outpost 3 comes out and Outpost 2 players flock over there.
Players who didn't play Outpost 2 or Outpost 3 will download and play them.

Besides, Outpost 2 is free and is not a large download.  The players who do not have Warcraft 3 can download it.  They can experience the actual gameplay that was made by Sierra themselves and decide for themselves if they want to play Outpost 3.

And wouldn't the Outpost mod draw attention from Outpost 2?  It is like making a remake of the King Kong movie.  It's prettier, up-to-date, and has a higher price tag.    You will also need a wide screen television and surround sound to fully experience what it has to offer.  What about the old version of that movie?  While it is an old movie, the price is very low and does not need the surround sound or any widescreen to fully enjoy it.  Same thing with Outpost 2.  It is not up-to-date and pretty, but it is a smaller size.  I believe that people with a modem or an old computer will be unable to play or even download the mod when the filesize is huge, which will result in a long download time.  Outpost 2 is playable on most computers and has a short download time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:46:06 PM by Isolocis »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2006, 01:09:18 AM »
Just because there is a OP3 dont mean some one cant make there own project :P.

Any way cant say i much like the op3 WC3 thing. But what ever go for it

Offline Isolocis

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2006, 01:21:39 AM »
Just because there is a OP3 dont mean some one cant make there own project :P.

Any way cant say i much like the op3 WC3 thing. But what ever go for it
I know, but I do not believe it will make sense if there was two Outpost 3 games or two Outpost 2 games.  Sorry if I was being negative about their ideas, but I was criticizing.  People can look on the bright side of the ideas, but they should also look on the dark side.  They say that confidence is the key to success.  I say that confidence is delusive.

Yes, I can be too negative at times.  But it is because I have seen projects in other forums that have never seen the light of the day regardless of how they thought of neat ideas.  The most recent I have seen was a MMORPG project, which was for the community itself.  The team consists of a group of teenagers, as well as a few adults.  One of them have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Game Design.  They came up with some good ideas; I even contributed some of my ideas before I started being negative about the project.  Let's just say that I did not hear anymore news from them lately.  I assumed that it was abandoned.

So what does this have to do with the mod idea?  I say that even if the positive ideas are great, it can be possible for people to believe that that positive will always negate the negative.  Or should I say: It is possible that they do not mind about the cons.

By the way, you people might have noticed that I have been editing my posts plenty of times.  :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:56:13 AM by Isolocis »

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2006, 12:20:29 PM »
well one day or the other we will need to rewrite completly op2 so it can fit for the casual guy. I also think that doing a wc3 mod or even just a map is  a really good way to show ourselves because of the work...and a wc3 mod is not mandatory to be called op3 it can be outpost:whatever.  

I am working on op3 and yes it will be good but we are few people on it and if I am good enough  in math thats mean there is still people that could take care of other project. The admin that are creating stuff for op2 do something, the one that are making map are also doing something for the community. I think everyone is talented in a field that can help the community.

All in all, if someone want to do something for the community go ahead, DO NOT care about the opinion of people regarding the difficulty and the why it shouldn't be done. You wil learn from it, and I think that there will always be someone that will be avaible to help you.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Isolocis

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2006, 06:16:13 PM »
well one day or the other we will need to rewrite completly op2 so it can fit for the casual guy.
So are you saying that the original Outpost 2 is not for casual gamers?

Well I do not want to continue talking about the idea of a Outpost mod.  Go ahead and do what you want to do for the community.  No one is holding your collar.  For now, we will have to wait for the future to unfold what will truely happen.  Then we will see which facts and opinions will benefit from reality.

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 06:51:55 AM »
well to play outpost 2 (with moral off course) you need a brain because it is a far more complex game compared to C&C, SC:BW and WC3. The gfx are gething old and for now only true fan of the serie still want to play. For the whole time I have been here I do not remember any member who didn't have the game or at least played it before coming here.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 02:25:55 PM »
That is what sets OP2 apart from all the other. If it is turned into just a straight kill em all victory like the rest it wont feel the same

Offline Isolocis

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 03:31:14 PM »
The gfx are gething old and for now only true fan of the serie still want to play.
Well my friend, people will have to learn that just because a game has dated graphics does not mean that it will affect the gameplay.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2006, 05:34:39 PM »
why the hell is this back on the recent list again?!

i guess i'll be the one to necro then.

well actually, no. everything in here is moot and most of the ppl who had a problem with the idea arent around anymore :P

i say lock this thread up again.