Author Topic: Hamachi  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 09:11:48 PM »
Joe you would install it so can play a person that cant do the port forward thing or play like the rest of the people that can forward port.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 09:12:33 PM »
You cant of read my post...

To play with people who can only play over Hamachi you need Hamachi installed to play with them.

Offline xamlit

Hamachi
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2005, 12:22:30 AM »
Umm.... Yeah.. this proggy shouldn't be set as a standard. It should be used when some people who want to play can't because even behind a router it dosen't work.. Or people who don't have access to their routers (parents..etc...).  We can continue doing tcp/ip games... The occasional game will be played with hamachi in the rare circumstance that someone is not able to configure their router...

Also...this is going to be a pay per month service:

http://forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?t=600

last couple of posts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 01:40:47 AM by xamlit »

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2005, 06:26:21 AM »
Yeah It will just be used when it has it be.

Im pritty sure it will allways stay free, howevea there will be a payed for version also:
forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?t=605
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 06:28:51 AM by Leviathan »

Offline plymoth45

Hamachi
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2005, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm fine with it as long as it isn't the standard, and that you guys are working on some way to make it so the FAT32 people can play.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2005, 12:00:20 PM »
No were not, we stoped work on OP2Sock allmost a year ago. Maybe done day it will get done.

The standard is playing over the internet, Hamachi is used when it has to be, to play with people who can only use it, like Highlander :)

outpostuniverse.net/multi.php

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56:34 PM »
Hamachi Network's have a user limit, but Outpost 2 can only have 6 players max in a game anyway. So no problems.

Main Network
Name: outpostuniverse.net
Pass: opu
2nd
Name: outpostuniverse.net_1
3rd
Name: outpostuniverse.net_2

If you cant connect to one because of user limit or some connection error, try one of the others, get the person who are going to be playing with connected to the same one, and get playing :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:00:03 PM by Leviathan »

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
Hamachi
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 10:09:40 AM »
Yeah It will just be used when it has it be.

Im pritty sure it will allways stay free, howevea there will be a payed for version also:
forums.hamachi.cc/viewtopic.php?t=605
Learn to read ;)
The 1.1 or 2.0 or whatever is coming on will be a payed version. Now, all networks will be stacked in one place and you have to PAY to have that network.
Anyway it's suckyware, and only will work for the 75% of the people here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 10:10:45 AM by PlayingOutpost0-24 »
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 10:26:39 AM »
It works tho so it does not suck, if it allows just one more player to play Outpost 2 with us, it rocks!

But ya, it has its flaws like any app.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 01:57:36 PM »
At some point I'm gonna take apart the program and make it be able to bootstrap to our server using the Hamachi protocol, that way we won't have a user limit or anything.

(Their protocol is documented on their site)

Either that or someday I'll write some other NAT traversal program for OP2. This won't happen anytime soon however, it's not priority right now.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 10:35:48 PM »
Hmm the users on hamachi are just filling the servers then just going off line.  This does not remove them from the list.  Just need some one to remove those that do not come on IRC and those that leave the names in the list when there done.  It is most annoying having to split up over servers.  I know this has been talked about before but nothing is happening to solve this problem.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2005, 03:58:40 AM »
All we can do is tell people to leave the network before they disconnect, this will take them off the user list. Just going offline dosent.

Oh, and i can evict people to make space.

The reason we got the other networks is so that if your unable to get on the main network you can use another and still play.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »
Hey ZigZagJoe You dont blaitenly tell some one they cant play because you dont want to use hamachi.  If someone cant play with you because they only use ham tell them sorry i dont/cant use hamachi  And I think you people need to stop Bashing Hamachi in the main channel.  You b**** when some one talks about rift.  Your going to make people that use hamachi leave by doing such things.  Im not saying that you should use hamachi I know you dont because it screws up you net connection.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2005, 07:20:16 PM »
It doesn't do anything unless the program is actually running. If you exit the program, it disables the Hamachi adapter.

You can get around this by telling programs to bind to your real IP address (Internet, non-hamachi address), depending on the program. I know mirc can do this.

But yeah, please don't bash Hamachi. At least people who couldn't play before, can now.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 07:20:57 PM by op2hacker »

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hamachi
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2005, 01:44:17 AM »
Assuming, that most newbs have routers, can I assume that no attempt will be made to let these people play over internet without hamachi?
That'd mean, there's a rapidly increasing number of people who won't ever play op2 with me.

Offline zigzagjoe

Hamachi
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2005, 08:25:42 AM »
Yes Th300, I've noticed it too. It is one thing to not be able to configure your router and you have to use, and another thing if you can configure your router but you're just going to use hamchi.

IMO if you can set up your router, you should, in addition to using hamchi. We should have as many paths to play multiplayer open as we possibly can.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 08:27:55 AM by zigzagjoe »

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2005, 09:15:26 AM »
Playing by internet is best method, if it cant be done, you can use hamachi.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2005, 02:43:07 PM »
eventually, I want to write something that will work the same as hamachi but won't have it's problems/limitations (and be faster).
For example, not needing to use a driver (so it'd work on any OS). Also that way it only ties up OP2, not a majority of your internet apps (screwing up IPs and what interface many of the apps bind to).

However, this will not get worked on until after the reunion at the earliest.

At least it works now, for quite a few people. There are quite a few people I have seen who have needed it.

Of course though, like zigzagjoe said, if you're able to configure your router so you don't need hamachi, do it.
http://outpostuniverse.net/multi.php

Also, to all the people who idle on hamachi: Please don't! If you aren't actually playing a game on hamachi then get off of the network. (Before you press that "power" switch or close button, leave the network). There is NO NEED to be on hamachi unless you're actually playing OP2. As soon as you stop playing OP2, leave the network and logoff hamachi.
Thx.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2005, 08:44:29 PM »
leave the network when ur not on it, this means ur name will be takin off the list, so other people can get on. there is a user limit, and when ur offline, if u havent left the network, ur still a user. so plz leave the network so ur name gets removed.

Offline coolzero

• http://www.trippyac.com
Hamachi
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2005, 09:41:04 AM »
why dont we just all use hamacie ? can somebody tell me if there is a down side?
becous havning my signature 5720 characters long or so is a little crazy and hacker would prob del my signature again i diseded to make a pic of it ... this is acualy my name in letters highlighted. i just took a ss  :D

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2005, 09:51:05 AM »
Because games are more lagy over it, because the data is encrypted. Meaning larger data packets, and the data has to be encrypted when sent and decrypted when recived.

Yes its very easy to setup and your playing in seconds apose to if u have a router and have never configered it before.

If you can play over the internet, do so whenevea you can, if not, hamachi is ur savior.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2005, 02:19:29 PM »
Also, it only works on win2000 and XP. And a 12 user limit per Hamachi "network."

And... for some people, it messes up their programs (since two 'adapters' are present, programs just bind to the first one they see, which is generally the hamachi adapter).