Author Topic: Hamachi  (Read 9362 times)

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« on: April 22, 2005, 09:14:22 PM »
www.hamachi.cc

I herd about this a while ago, and we tested it on irc, played games over it etc.

But does this mean, the end of the GAYNESS THAT IS THE OUTPOST2 NETWORK SETUP?

No more port fowarding?
Anyone can play behind rotuer/firewalls and what evea connection?

Its a virtual network program!! So you can play over the network!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 07:45:45 PM by Leviathan »

Offline SpeedNine

Hamachi
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 10:14:40 PM »
Yup, pretty much.

I'm thinking this would work for you "cable" types.

But remember the 56k people...we shall be destroyed by Hamachi!

Destroyed I tell you!

*walks off cackling insanely*

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:14:50 PM »
If this can keep me from using my neighbors phone line while there away then.  All Praise Ham.

Offline plymoth45

Hamachi
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 11:37:38 PM »
I say we don't use it for the sake of a few people who are having problems with their computers atm. At least not right away.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 12:45:40 AM »
well if they have a problem with there computers why not just fix them

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Hamachi
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 03:24:36 AM »
So with this I'll be able to play OP2 ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hamachi
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 03:54:31 AM »
You can play with anyone who uses this prog.

But I'd rather prefer another solution.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 06:10:33 AM »
I beleive you need no port fowarding or anything, you just install this, connect to our private virtual network, OP2 then uses your Hamachi network IP, you host a game, tell people on IRC your Hamachi network IP and they go2 tcp ip and enter it, simple!

This is OP2 SOCK!!

TH300 we would not spend fookin ages working on op2sock if we can just use this, so shut it!

Setup guide @ outpostuniverse.net/hamachi.php
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 09:29:38 AM by Leviathan »

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hamachi
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 11:05:21 AM »
This is OP2 SOCK!!

TH300 we would not spend fookin ages working on op2sock if we can just use this, so shut it!

Setup guide @ outpostuniverse.net/hamachi.php
Don't tell me to shut anything, please. I am intelligent enough to find out whats adequate and what isn't by myself.
I just said, that I personally would not use this. (one and probably the best reason is that I don't want to upgrade my win98 installation)

btw. I would not claim this to be op2sock, since it isn't, just a prog that does the same.

I'd appreciate if work on op2sock was continued, because I'm not quite sure how long my connection will be routerless.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 11:29:55 AM »
You dont need to use it, because you can play over your connection allready, and if you get a router you can set it up to play op2 by fowarding ports like everyone else with routers does.

If you needed to use this, you would. But yea, its anoying it only runs on Win 2k & XP.

I dont think any more work on op2sock will be happening.

This works great.

Offline plymoth45

Hamachi
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 04:40:20 PM »
Lev, TH300 has a point, you ABSOLUTELY Need to think of people with lower OSs. Don't be a Pain in the rear about not thinking of people who don't have good computers like my friend is. He builds Websites in absolute sizes, and not the lower resolutions. You need to look into a different option for those of us with older OSs.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 04:51:55 PM »
There will allways be people who cant play for whatevea reason. But I dont any more work on op2sock will be happening because we have this, its not perfect but it does what op2sock would of down, allowing people unable to config a router or what evea to play, and also making it easyer for noobs, because no router port setup.

Thos people not on 2k or XP will have to play over the internet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 04:53:59 PM by Leviathan »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 07:24:59 PM »
Yeah, Lev you really need to cool it there. First of all, you shouldn't be telling people to shut it, or calling people retards. I can really understand people not wanting to use this. And secondly, you shouldn't go calling this OP2Sock. That really doesn't seem to give credit where credit is due. This is software designed by an independent company that has nothing to do with Outpost2 and was designed to solve a much wider range of problems than playing Outpost2 from behind a router.

It does sound like this would work, and probably not interfere with the usual setup if you'd like to use port forwarding/NATfix instead. Although, I suspect that if one person needs to use this, then everyone in the game would need to also use it. To be fair, I've previously stated that what OP2Sock was supposed to do was already done by VPN software, I just didn't know of any software that would really work.

Offline plymoth45

Hamachi
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 07:25:40 PM »
Yes, but still, you need to come up with a different method so that everyone can play together and not segregated like that.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 07:29:50 PM »
It does what OP2Sock would of done, thats why I said it.

plymoth45 anyone who can use this, can play together, or everyone who can play on the internet can play together.

Also Hooman, ive used windows VPN before, it worked, I didnt know of others, hence my total supprise and amazment.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 07:29:58 PM »
Yeah, trying to force this on people could really split things and lead to less games being played. Certainly it's worth mentioning for the people who need something like this, but it's certainly not a cure all solution. Many people play OP2 on systems that can't even use this software.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 07:33:22 PM »
The people with out win 2k or XP cant use it, correct, they have to play over the internet, and if they cant do that, unlucky them, looks like single player for them?

lol, it wont be forced to be used, it will only be used when needed, when one or more people who wants to join in a game with others cant play over the internet.

Offline zigzagjoe

Hamachi
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 08:06:41 PM »
this is defintly NOT the solution for port forwarding. People not on a NT-based comp can't use it, modem users can't either.

If this becomes the standard for op2 multi gaming, many (56k and Dos-based win) players will probly leave.

I certainly will not be using it anytime soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 08:07:10 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 08:18:47 PM »
Joe you will be using it if your playing in a game with someone who cant play on the internet, they couldnt play before, and now they can :D

What makes you think modem users cant use it ???

It is the solution for thos who cant play on the internet (via port fowrding etc), becuse with this, they can.

People not on a NT-based comp cant use it, so they have to play over the internet.

Personaly I think for 2k and XP users it should become standard, because noobs who join can just install this and there ready to play with us, no rotuer setup, and not every one can play over the internet, even with rotuer setup etc. The amount of times we have gone thru the router setup on IRC is stupid, we have gone thru it with people so many times. The most anoying part is if they try, and still cant play. This is very simple to setup, making our lives easyer.

Games can be played on the net and over virtual network. I think only when games have to be played using Hamachi, they should, other wise no need. So if game has someone who can only use Hamachi then people should have it installed ready to use to game.

Im so pleased we have it :)

Offline plymoth45

Hamachi
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 08:24:53 PM »
And if they cant do that, unlucky them, looks like single player for them?
Lev, this is the type of attitude that KILLS communitys like this.

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 08:27:45 PM »
plymoth45 op2sock aint coming any time soon. So its this for the time being.

Offline zigzagjoe

Hamachi
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 08:37:59 PM »
i agree whole heartedly with plym. we need to think of users of dos-based windows. I personally won't use it because i need port forwarding anyways and op2 is covered by it.

Lev: that kind of attitude would cause many people to leave.

Also: this is not op2sock, just something that emulates what it would do.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hamachi
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 08:41:29 PM »
OK OK lets just stop.  Hamachi is a Great Program But you dont have to use it if you dont want to.  Its allows the people who cant play PLAY.  For the people who have dos systems im sorry.  Maybe you should update to 2000 or XP.  Or you can Download Virtual PC and run a 2000 or XP from there and not sacerfice you dos system.  I dont know what the problem joe has with the modem users othere then they lag like usual but dont hold that againist us 8^P.  

Offline Leviathan

Hamachi
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 08:47:48 PM »
Joe before this, people who coulnt play on the net could only play single player. Now all tho's people (if runing 2k or xp) can now play! We have just expaned our user base :D

Joe you dont need to do more port fowarding setup for Hamachi or remove your current, just insall it and ur set. Also you need to install it to play with thos people who couldnt play before, you cant leave them out of a game cuz ur to lazy to install it. Leaving people out of games might cause them to leave.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 08:50:51 PM by Leviathan »

Offline zigzagjoe

Hamachi
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »
why would i have to install it? from how i undersand it it just acts as a port forwarding deal w/ out you having to config it.

yes if ur running a nt-based window every things fine and dandy, but dos-based windows users are screwed.

what i mean is i already have all ports possible forwarded to my comp, so i have no reason to install it.