Author Topic: Do you believe...  (Read 65651 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Do you believe...
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2004, 11:17:56 AM »
lol, I got a B in AP chem (percentage wise, that's equivilant to a C, lol)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Zircon

Do you believe...
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2004, 12:02:37 PM »
Are you saying that CNN doesn't know what they're talking about and make up crap all the time? I would have to call bulls*** there.
*sigh* That's not what i said...

The thing was that originally people thought that before the death of a black hole nothing could never ever escape, it was treated as an impossibility.

But with for example hubble it clearly shows that once in a while black holes let out strong concentrated packets of radiation.

Further follow up showed that the black holes "choke" on themselves eventually resulting in a "hickup" or "sneeze" allowing energy to escape for a very short amount of time.

News always overblow things and with this they might have said "newsflash: Black Holes do indeed let matter escape" but the truth is that it can only do it under very specific circumstances, but it is still lightyears from letting matter constantly escape from it.

They're not lying just, not putting all the cards on the table. Understand?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2004, 01:21:56 PM »
lol

one day we will find a way to "force feed" and "choke" them
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2004, 09:11:36 PM »
I have alot of theries about black holes (and dont got on all that crap about "Oh, its a thery it cant be true" crap) one of my best is described at the end of the debate thread of "Should we go back to the Moon"

btw there are 5 states of matter, the fifth state is Nutron (sry about spelling) the substence at the center of Nutron stars, it is so compact that the protons and electrons have been stripped from their atoms and only nutrons remain

I still see the futility of this debate, the faithful people are not going to fail, and the science people are not going to accept blind faith

one thing I have been wondering is, how do you know that your faith is the correct one, correct as in the one that will get you into heavon (if it exists)

I mean there are hundreds of types of religions out there, only 1 (or 0) can be correct, it reminds me of the lottery thing

but I mean, how do you know that the Jews arnt the correct ones, or the Islamic people arnt, or the Hindews? or any of the other religions?

the only reason christionaty is so big today is because 2000 years ago some roman general probly had a halucanation (they drank lead) and saw a cross in the sky, and thus when he became emperor he converted the entire roman empire into christions

if that general hadnt have had that halucanation, christionaty would have probly been wiped out (they were being killd by the thousands)

whats my point?

I HAVE NONE!!!!!!
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2004, 09:59:23 PM »
actually, beta, I think it was the fact that the followers that were being killed that it is so "popular" (one of those, "it must be them trying to keep power" things)
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Do you believe...
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2004, 10:24:11 PM »
Actually, there are a few reason why I believe in the bible. Reason #1: Jerusalim (sorry for spelling) is there. Reason #2: The temple the bible talks about is in ruins, but it is still there. Reason #3: Learned it at sonfest but can't remember the 3rd reason.

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2004, 11:09:11 PM »
Beta...Islam, jews, Catholics, and Christian's all come from the same base religion....they just split off. Now except for Muslims, we all still worship the same God. Muslims had a few radical leaders that kinda screwed everything up, but I don't know any specifics, so I don't wanna argue that. Look at the planet, of all the religious beliefs, how much is made up of Catholics, Christians, and Jewish religions...which all worship the same God. The other relgions rely on what was said by some old fart a long time ago, but our bible involves real people and real events. And even if we are wrong, it is better to look forward to something better after death than to look at it as just an end to a meaningless life.
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.
Go check out my site: http://www.frankandami.com
E-mail me: ZeusBD at yahoo.com

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2004, 12:01:08 AM »
for myself, as I have said in a previous post, if things go according to plan, my life will never end, I beleave I know the secreat to imortality, and more than that, Godlike abilitys (including the ability to create and destroy planets at will)

man I love technoligy
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
Your scaring me Beta
In the dark I'm at home, in the light I'm on the battlefield. A Dragon's life is a constant struggle for survival. But in the end, we will prevail.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2004, 12:15:20 AM »
why have nukes when every cell in your body is capeable of producing as much energy as 3 stars?

complete nanological cybortics, meaning that every cell in my body will have organic componets and nanites, for example the mitocondria would be replaced with a nanological tri-stage fusion genarator, and the nucleous would be partly replaced with a nanological proteen based boptronic computer, each capeable of storing my entire thought and memory process, and capeable of producing enough matter and energy to replacate itself trillions of times, thus all I would need is 1 cell to live, and I would regenarate

although I doubt that would happen, because with all that computing power linked togahter, I would be the smartest entity in the Universe, and with complete control of my body, I could become anything, from a starship, to spacedust,

and of corse, with that much energy avaible and the atom synthiszing propertys of the tri-stage fusion genarators I could make any thing I wanted

the only bad thing is though, is I would need hydrogen, thats what powers the tristage fusion reactors, but hydrogen is the most abundent element in the Universe, and with my inteligence it would be impossible to trick me into not getting it

plus I would be constantly evolving (I dont care if nature did it before or not, I will) and mabe eventually have pico technoligy, where I would just become even more powerful

basicly nothing would stop me, but I could become this with just a little shot, wich I Plan to have adminastered on my deathbed in case it dosnt work

but if it does, humanidy will have a new god, until I get bored and destroy it and go out to look for more intresting things lol

and from now on I am ignored, but everyone keeps an eye on me lol

Offline plymoth45

Do you believe...
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2004, 09:38:48 AM »
Don't let the Nincompoop (Under your avatar above the "Global Mod" label beta) scare you, his plans will never succede.
Too many people will resist.
Oh, and there is only 1 God, and he is Jesus and the Holy Ghost at the same time.
(I don't know if I worded that right, but i was refering to the trinity)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2004, 02:36:20 PM »
beta, three errors:

1: that kind of technology, although it really is available (don't ask me how I know), is too unstable

2: being smart doesn't have to do just with mental capacity.  Einstein was a genious because his brain had extra of what they call "cleaner" cells, cells that break-down the dead brain-cells, and thus make the nural-pathways (sp?) more open.

3: it is easy to trick a very smart person, as they get arrogant and think, "oh yeah, I'm the best, no one can outsmart me!"
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2004, 11:17:45 PM »
Don't let the Nincompoop (Under your avatar above the "Global Mod" label beta) scare you, his plans will never succede.
Too many people will resist.
Oh, and there is only 1 God, and he is Jesus and the Holy Ghost at the same time.
(I don't know if I worded that right, but i was refering to the trinity)
Are you talking about the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost?

And I know that Beta will not succeed. Even if it were possible (which I don't think it is), it wouldn't be in this life time.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2004, 11:45:55 PM »
I like the song Mrs American Pie (title may be wrong)...

anyway, there are too many technological errors in beta's plan
CK9 in outpost

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2004, 08:58:06 AM »
2: being smart doesn't have to do just with mental capacity.  Einstein was a genious because his brain had extra of what they call "cleaner" cells, cells that break-down the dead brain-cells, and thus make the nural-pathways (sp?) more open.
Brain matter doesn't "die" like normal cells.. brain cells last an incredibly long time.

Remember that brain cells do not go thru the normal cell cycle. About the only time they are dividing are prenatally and during the first few years as the brain developes.

After that they enter the G0 cell state, where they stay for the rest of the person's life. No cellular division occurs except in very very very rare cases (put: never in the average person's life.)

There are not 'dead' cells in the brain (unless the brain has an injury, then yes it is full of scar tissue, etc)

The 'cleaner cells' he refers to are macrophages, which are part of the basic immune system (they are part of the secondary immune response, and trigger the CD4 cells (aka Helper T Cells) to start the tertiary immune response.

Macrophages do not usually destroy the body's cells (except if they are infected with a known antigen, or there is an autoimmune disease)

Normally dying cells are broken down by the spleen (organ near the liver)

--------

In regards to Beta's post, the majority of it is nothing but sci-fi.

"nanological tri-stage fusion genarator" --- straight out of sci-fi. It has no scientific basis and is a "made up phrase". Anyone could make a name like that eg "Ionic Deflection Superconductive Rotary Shift Fusion Motor".

and so on....

Offline Zircon

Do you believe...
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2004, 09:11:29 AM »
I have to agree with op2hacker on this one...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 10:23:05 AM by Zircon »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2004, 12:04:07 PM »
actually hacker, in my tiredness, I neglected to bring the whole story back up in my mind.  In the brain there are special repair cells, and there are Macrophages.  There are stems of organic material that tend to breack down a little, and the repair cells (forget their name) rebuild some of the genetic code if it is missing.  If too much is missing, the ammount it doesn't rebuild gets thrown away (which is what I was thinking of last night).

It was a long while back that I saw the special on (I think) the Discovery Channel, so small fragments that may or may not be important are missing from my memory of it...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Ezekel

• http://ezekel.deviantart.com
Do you believe...
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2004, 01:38:09 PM »
That was a very good article Garrettsgirl, and no matter what Zircon says to disprove it, I liked it. You don't have real proof that God does or doesn't exist, all you have is theories versus belief and faith. No one will ever be able to truely prove either way. I like this discussion and I hope that more interesting theories are brought up.

Glad that you liked it Zeus.  That's just it! The whole idea pf being a Christian is that you never really no whether Christ is real.  You have to have faith.  So Z, you proved pretty much proved every point wrong in that article.  Well, like Zeus pointed out, TRUE christians don't need science to prove or disprove (don'tno if that's a word) the existence of God.  It's all about faith.  Some got it, some don't.  Yeah CK9, i'm not good at understanding all this either, however, chem was the only science i never got a D in (i got a B  :D ).
christ was real

and i'm saying this as a jew and not a christian so don't flame me about this.

however, whats to debate is
 A: was he the messiah (or as teh christian belief stands, was he god's son)?
 B: does god exist (as in THE god not a god... thats another issue that i'm not stepping on right now).

it is all about faith. and its strength lies in the fact that it cannot be ascertained.

to use the jewish point of view; god gave man freewill. therefore man may choose to believe or not believe in god. however, if proof appeared that showed that god DOES exist, then man(kind) would lose freewill, as mankind would not be able to do anything BUT serve/believe/prayto him as it is not only the the logical choose, but further ...well its just not possible to go against an all powerful ...being (for lack of more a appropriate word) that reveals itself to you (assuming you don't disintegrate instantly from teh "image" of god).

of course on a similar note, it is impossible to proove that god does not exist due to the nature of god allowing for it to include the fact that god is able to exist outside the universe as well as inside. (perhaps god IS the multiverse... each universe like a cell of the body. it'd be in sync  with saying god is infinite).
My mind is quicker then your eyes!

Never fight what you cannot see!!!

----------------------------------------------

The sleeper has awakened... and boy what a hangover!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2004, 03:46:50 PM »
Ezekel, the one point I keep seeing brought up is that if it was proven that god does exist that we would have to worship him.  I personally find that false.  Just because a king ruled ov er people didn't mean they always listened, there were times when the nobles lost control and rebellion took over the land.  If there was definate proof in "god," I still would not worship because that is what I choose.
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Do you believe...
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2004, 06:34:39 PM »
Free will is not affected, Adam and Eve had it, hence the reason they Ate from the tree of knowledge when satan tricked them, if they didn't ahve free will, then they wouldn't have done that cause it was gods command that they don't. Sin has been around since the first Humans that God created.

The only proof of god existing is the bible, maybe a bit more, and the bible is true. (Please do not shoot me or flame me for saying that anyone)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2004, 08:08:01 PM »
Plym, this is not flaming, but I will have to argue it.

Yes there are some truths within the bible, but like much else in the time period, the stories were modified to glorify and bring them to say a common thing
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2004, 11:38:28 PM »
CK9, you don't know if you'd worship him or not. If he was known before you were born, your whole life would have been different. Even if he revealed himself now, you don't know what you'd do. Like back in the Greek days when they believed in Zeus, Apollo, Hades, etc...They lived their life according to what they believed the gods wanted them to do. If God suddenly showed himself, the world would change and life would never be the same.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Do you believe...
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2004, 12:34:19 AM »
actually, I do know, Zues.  Unlike most people, I look into all possibilities that could have happened in my life.  Each one comes to the same thing: I do not want to follow the sheeo as they flock to their shepard,
CK9 in outpost

Offline ZeusBD

Do you believe...
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2004, 12:55:00 AM »
You would not have the same train of thought if you grew up worshiping God, and all of your possibilities are based on the world staying the same. Though you wouldn't change right away, the world would and you'd adjust with it automatically and eventually life would be about God.

"Never say Never"

Offline Zircon

Do you believe...
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2004, 03:37:19 AM »
Sometimes the created need to rise against their creator in order to advance.

Now someone might say, "Go against "GOD" ?!?! "

But why not, if "god" existed he would be forced to be passive and not interact or kill his creation. As such humanity is free to eventually step above the boundaries of death.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 06:46:56 AM by Zircon »