Author Topic: Web Page Building  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Ice Blade2097

Web Page Building
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »
I was getting interested in builing a webpage, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a webpage building software that is good for those that arn't html savy.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Web Page Building
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:57:53 PM »
I never use anything other than Notepad. Although, I hear Dreamweaver is good, and expensive. I've also noticed that Visual Studio comes with a visual web page designer. I've never used it though, so I don't know how good it is, but you can download it for free. (It's part of a big download though). Google for Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition if you want to try it out.

I still prefer the Notepad way though. You can always check out some tutorial sites if you have the time for it:
w3schools - A little basic at times, and has a fair bit of adds on it, but still ok
Tizag - probably better and with fewer ads (at least for now)
The sections on HTML (or XHTML), and CSS are the most relevant if you're just trying to layout static pages.  
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 06:58:54 PM by Hooman »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Web Page Building
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 04:56:08 PM »
If you don't want to take the time to learn html, then you should stick with something like geocities (free site hosting with a building tool).

html is fast and easy to learn.  Use a site like Webmonkey as a quick reference.  Unlike w3 and tizag (which are good for PHP), Webmonkey has everything lain out on a single page, which is great for quick-referencing while actually constructing your pages.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Web Page Building
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »
Dreamweaver is great for me. My website is op2rules.net. If you're not sure what editor to use you probably are new to page building. Html is fast and easy to learn, after a few days of working with it you won't even have to think about it it's so straightforward. And remember, google is your friend :)

No if you need some good free webhosting I would use 000webhost.com They offer a lot of free stuff and no ads or banners on your page.

Back to the editor once again, dreamweaver will be your biggest choice. If you want to go simple at first stick with notepad/wordpad.  
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Web Page Building
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 09:47:59 AM »
I mentioned geocities because of the included online pagebuilding software.

But seriously, you should consider learning the actual coding.  It can be quite fun and satisfying.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Web Page Building
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Did i mention i use notepad ?
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Sirbomber

Web Page Building
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 06:29:23 AM »
Did i mention i use notepad ?
It's such a versatile tool!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Web Page Building
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 03:24:20 AM »
I know :)

It's such a shame it does not know how to open *.doc files :cry:
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline EnderA

Web Page Building
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »
I use Notepad++ instead of Notepad.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:37:56 PM by EnderA »
Liberty is anarchy; anarchy is liberty.

Offline plymoth45

Web Page Building
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:58 AM »
I use Notepad usually, but when I want to make absolute sure I'm coding something properly I use Dreamweaver. When I was starting out I found some of those websites that have codes listed and what each code does useful.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Web Page Building
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
I worked with someone using Dreamweaver, and I found a lot of the code wasn't standards conforming. It was a bit weird. Like it was built for two different standards at the same time in terms of the tags/attributes used, or somehow got confused and added stuff or removed things in ways that lead to improper nesting.