Author Topic: Removing GP Tube  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Leviathan

Removing GP Tube
« on: April 20, 2005, 05:01:26 PM »
As in the next update, the sheets will be changed back to default, of GP's having a tube.

But hacker has said before i can keep my GP look, so how do i code, for my missions to remove the tube for just that mission...?

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Removing GP Tube
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 06:14:06 PM »
you should somehow tell your mission to use an alternate file for building.txt instead of the one used in sheets.vol
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Leviathan

Removing GP Tube
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 06:21:40 PM »
Im not a coder, im a noober :)

Im asking. How?

And is that the only way?

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Removing GP Tube
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »
You just need to right memory address. You can then just hardcode a pointer to that address, and use it to overwrite the value. It's not hard to code, only like a line or two, but you need the right address. Also, you should find your way to the right memory location from somewhere fixed in memory. If it's loaded from a file, you'll likely need to use an indirect access, possibly through a few pointers.

The harder part is finding the memory address, or how to obtain the right memory address. I don't recommend a simple memory scan since you won't know if it's in a fixed location or not. If you want to be sure, you kinda need to take a look at the assembly to see how the memory is accessed.

In short, I don't quite have the answer you seek, but I think Hacker was looking into how to find that memory address. Once that's found out, the code should be easy.

Offline Leviathan

Removing GP Tube
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 06:54:22 AM »
Hacker first thought this could be done with a diff tech file, so he didnt plan on doing this etc...

I was thinking, the only easy way around this would be to have two versions of Outpost 2, one for multiplayer, with no tubes on GPs, and another version with tubes on GP's so its all ok for single player..

I would like two seprate versions but other people probly wouldnt.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Removing GP Tube
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 07:40:38 AM »
You're right. I wouldn't. Especially not over something small like tubes on a GP.

I'm sure you can remove the tubes from within the DLL. If Hacker doesn't find anything, I might take a look. I doubt it's very hard to do.