Author Topic: Outrage!  (Read 8535 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Outrage!
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2004, 01:11:56 PM »
burnt a man's shadow into a barn wall...well, what was left of it...
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2004, 04:24:15 PM »
well the thing I designed wouldn't be a true EMp, in the effect that it is not a pulse, what it is, is basicly a high voltage short daration ion/magnetic beam, it is directed by low voltage magnets that confines the ion beam for so far a range of about 5 feet (im not using very efficant electromagnets), but it has been able to disrupt small electronic things like clocks and cd players, I must say, it does have an effect on humans though, it gives me a scary tingling feeling every time I try to charge it, of corse ive only tested it 5 times, those telisla coils burn out very easily (expecially if they are home made, not teh best quality lol)

btw, it really heats up the basement
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 04:09:07 PM by Betaray »
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Zircon

Outrage!
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2004, 04:39:07 PM »
disrupt small electronic things like clocks and cd players

Doesn't it short them out? The microprocessor in the cd player must take some damage yes?

it does have an effect on humans though, it gives me a scary tingling feeling every time I try to charge it

Wouldn't that be the charging process and not the pulse itself?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2004, 04:42:41 PM »
most likely, and yes, it does effect them, its still low power and the ion clowd diffuses rapidly, I was testing this out on a broken cd player, it wouldnt play cd's, but it would turn on, and after I tested this out on it, i couldnt even turn it on

and intresting thing is, it also made the battories explode
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Zircon

Outrage!
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2004, 04:57:49 PM »
Interesting yes...

It seems i'll have to withdraw my mean rant until i can read up on it... :Betaray:  

Offline plymoth45

Outrage!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2004, 05:26:36 PM »
actually, every shadow that was around there was burnt into cement and other things.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2004, 07:11:26 PM »
And then there were many people melted
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2004, 04:10:03 PM »
ok im confused

Offline Sirbomber

Outrage!
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2004, 04:54:45 PM »
Um, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I really don't think this has much to do with stolen documents...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2004, 05:17:39 PM »
that's like saying it rains in Seattle
CK9 in outpost

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2004, 06:11:50 PM »
where I was born, well I think it went from stolen documents and people getting mad, to people talking about the wepponds they will use to get even, to me and z talking about an ion gun

I say, if you can make a logical connection to what the beginning topic is and what we are talking about now, than its still on topic

man, I love dumb logic lol

Offline zeritou

Outrage!
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2004, 07:32:40 PM »
ply:

I already have a good 30 06, and I could use it as a sniper, pick off some employies at a distance while you guys go in there and get the OP2 stuff.

phantom:

I have a .22, a 30 06, 12-Gauge, Katana, Claymore, and 6-Shooter I can contribute. lol.
i have a dull axe and a cheese knife......
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2004, 11:04:48 PM »
that reminds me, Zircon, we need to resurect Mr. Cheese *evil Grin*
CK9 in outpost

Offline Punboy

Outrage!
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2004, 11:16:38 PM »
pfft, i can make an EMP. A directional and omni-directional. Not very mobile though... *shrug*

Basically a bunch of tesla coils overloading, causing a spark to jump to a hunk of dynamite, blowing the dynamite and blowing the tesla coils, creating an EMF, which is then pushed along by the dynamite explosion. The explosives dont have to be big... and it could be charged by hooking into powerlines lol
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2004, 11:51:14 PM »
And with the materials at my dad's work, I could probably make one that isn't so instable...
CK9 in outpost

xfir

Outrage!
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2004, 12:43:16 AM »
This somehow relates to a copied strategy guide... hmm... okay, right.

Offline Zircon

Outrage!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2004, 03:16:07 AM »
Strategy guide...  :whistle:

No use letting the thread die :heh:

I read up on it.

Conclusion: The entire thing with an EMP seems to contain such a big area, or has rather had a lot of areas added to it.

Now many may discuss what is and what isnt a true EMP, but from what i could gather i would call a true EMP something that goes like this...

In an atomic blast there is a huge amount of gamma radiation (energy) the gamma rays hit or irradiate electrons which give them a very high energy value.

This supercharged energy (electrons) value has no effect on living tissue unless it is projected against someone at very high dosages. (in other words the EMP itself in an atomic blast doesn't effect living tissue) The highenergy electrons heat components to the melting point so that they break.

What betaray described (built) charges the electrons but not enough, it is powerful enough to fry components but the range is limited and the effect is rather small compared to the real thing. This is due to the lack of intense gamma radiation.

In conclusion betarays invention that is pretty cool which i didn't know could work like that mimics an EMP but isn't (a real) one  :Betaray: . As usual however people might disagree on that point. Still it's very cool building something that fry's components, i wouldn't use it on my head though as it is "unpure".

Also, creating a true EMP (in atleast a basement) is impossible as you need a nuclear blast to reach enough gamma radiation.

As for punboys last statement i'll just raise an eyebrow because in short he just wired a bit of tnt to a tesla coil and made it blow up :blink:

Repeat: That is only my view of a true EMP, people will continue calling different things EMP, and im not saying i am necessarily correct labelling an EMP as electrons charged by gamma radiation. Also, it's called a pulse because it is just that, the emp hardly takes a nanosecond. After that the gamma radiation has lost part or "dimminished" in power.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 10:15:50 AM by Zircon »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2004, 08:43:13 AM »
and the smiley with a tail has to do with what part of that exactally?
CK9 in outpost

Offline plymoth45

Outrage!
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2004, 09:22:09 AM »
Well, beta only needs to find something else to charge the thing. Say...... Break into a nuclear Power Plant?

Offline Zircon

Outrage!
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2004, 10:16:41 AM »
and the smiley with a tail has to do with what part of that exactally?
Edited the message with the tail.

*cough* i dunno what you're talking about  :D  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2004, 03:12:50 PM »
maby these photos will jog your memory of what the topic is...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Outrage!
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2004, 07:27:36 AM »
well, I know how to make it more powerfull, all I have to do is get more effecant magnets to contain the ion cloud, than it will have a better range and be more powerful, later on I intend to shrink the system so it can be built into the turret of a wepponds chassis (it would be built as a dish around the microwave emitter, and both wepponds would share the same power supply)

that way you would have the capeability to destroy things stelthly (because microwave is invisible and the system wouldnt produce near the sound of a cannon) and at relativly close ranges (<200 yrd) you would be able to disable/destroy electronic equipment

now for the chassis, I beleave another person on the forum is building that