Author Topic: Outpost: A New Beginning  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Punboy

Outpost: A New Beginning
« on: May 09, 2004, 12:47:03 PM »
OK, so last night I was thinking about what all I need to do with the game, and I realized "OMG! I'm only one person!" Lol, so anyway I would appreciate it if others could perhaps help me on the development of the game.

I need graphics artists to make the units, buildings, terrain, etc... Preferably 3ds MAX models. The game itself, unfortunately, won't be using true 3d in the first versions of it, but I'm hoping to learn more about 3d game programming towards the final release.

I also need some people to perhaps create some "catchy tunes" to become the default music for the game. (side note, OPNB will support custom music mixes of the users own MP3s). I have a Roland D-70 Synthesizer, but I don't have any way to record the stuff into my computer. I might be able to soon, but I'd like it if others could help me along.

I also need someone to help with the user interface. I can program and have good ideas for games (or so I'm told), but I SUCK at designing UI's.

So if anybody is interested, either post a message here or go register at the OPNB website and private message me.

Thanks for all the support you guys have already given me btw, you guys are great!
Help control the human population. Have your spouse spayed or neutered.

Offline Amrazek

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 01:06:48 PM »

Did you ever say what programming language you were going to use?

Offline Punboy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 01:31:20 PM »
I'm not sure...

I'm using Python, a cross-platform interpreted language.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 05:25:34 AM »
I am willing to help howevea i can.
please come on the forum chat room and have a chat with me :o

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 05:16:03 PM »
Well, I'm not very good at programming or anything, but I'm fairly creative. If you need any creativity work (unit ideas, novellas, etc.) I'll be willing to help in anyway I can...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline zeritou

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 07:01:04 PM »
i can do the basic art and basic 3d-imitaqtion 2d units, my skill with making textures and lighting effetsnfor them sucks tho
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Kramy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 10:34:05 PM »
I know loads of Jamascript, but I don't know any Python, and far too little C++. The only problem in coding an RTS in Jamascript would be pathfinding,(it's too slow for advanced pathfinding algorithims) but since Op2's pathfinding sucks by todays standards, that wouldn't be much of a problem either. :D

Jamascript is really slow(it's a scripting language), but it has fast library functions, unlike many other scripting languages.
-Kramy

Offline Punboy

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 10:35:31 PM »
Python is the one language I excel at, and its much faster and far more extensible than any other programming/scripting language I know of, other than java in some respects.

Offline FallTime

• http://www.borkovec.com/falltime/
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 05:15:46 AM »
The pathfinding in OP2 was like "go straight here, if you have problem, get over it", right? :D
Sorry for my English. I like penguins. I'm neutral 'bout Linux.
------------------------------------------------
Don't judge people of their look