Author Topic: fan games  (Read 3193 times)

Offline outpost81

fan games
« on: February 27, 2004, 09:57:24 AM »
Has anybody thought of making your own fan games with a gamemaker program, less coding, lot easier too work with. It would be cool to get the sprites out of OP2 and use them in our own version of games. Is that possible, like the buildings and vehicles, animations, etc. If you know how too get the graphics out of OP2 I would like to know how. Anyway here is the website for the gamemaker program:

www.gamemaker.nl

It would be cool to have an outpost world to build colonies online and is always running in real time, like http://www.runescape.com/ or something like everquest, and yo can wage war on other colonies, that would be cool.

anyway just a thought,
op81

p.s
here is a link to my website: http://www.lonelyc.web1000.com/
There is a few games I made with gamemaker, I will probly update it and change it to an op2 site in the future when i get more resources too add.
Op2 extinction is not an option.

Offline plymoth45

fan games
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 04:05:11 PM »
uh, I am not sure, but I think our prgramers are perfectly happy with the way it is.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

fan games
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 06:33:15 AM »
There is a file on the Outpost2 CD called op2.clm
X:\outpost2\op2.clm

It's about 250 MB, I believe it may contain all the images from the game,

The Plymouth Green Party is working on a .clm extrator,

Be sure to keep an eye out...

xfir

fan games
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 07:59:28 AM »
Actually, we already know that op2.clm has the music in it. We also know that the huge BMP file in the install dirertory contains the images. We're just not sure how to extract them yet, but Martyn is working on it.

Offline Kiith Somtaaw

fan games
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 11:13:53 AM »
Ok, just FYI

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
fan games
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 07:16:39 AM »
on the new haven command site, it told you how to extract them.  you had to use VIEdit to change the values. then you could open it in paint.  OP2Hacker might know how.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
fan games
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 02:57:31 PM »
Um, Martyn isn't working on that anymore... In fact, he didn't even find the format of the .PRT file for the images -- someone else did it for him. (I know who this person is, does Cynex ring any bells?)

Plymouth Green Party already did write the extractor for the CLM. (It's part of the revolver) it can be split up into discrete files, like the VOL contents.

I can send the revolver to those that are looking for it, just PM me.

If we do lose the code or whatever it's not a big deal -- the format of the VOL's and CLM are utterly simple. (I had it figured it out within 5 minutes by looking at a hex dump)