Author Topic: Hey ! fistoz here, looking for OP2 content :)  (Read 4437 times)

Offline fistoz

• Zerg scout
Hey ! fistoz here, looking for OP2 content :)
« on: October 03, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »
Hey there old dudes !
Damn.. Outpost 2 is already 20yo.. which means everyone who here who played it by the time it was out are (considered as) adults  :o

So.. I'm 30 and still feels like I was playing it 'few' years ago.
Didn't even have Internet back then and never tried multiplayer modes ever since. I'm not interested in competition in RTS, same for Starcraft, Red Alert C&C etc..

But I've always been attracted to OP2 for its own atmosphere. Feels both relaxing with space emptiness and calm, and with a bit of pressure from the multiple threats on the colony. We never know if it's gonna be ressources troubles,  natural disasters, an attack.

So.. I'm replaying it from time to time. But I know everything of the original game and with years passing by I guess communities have worked on some good stuff.
And that's why I'm here : looking for new maps, Colony scenarios, maybe even some campaign missions ? <3
I'm gonna explore the forum, but please tell me if there's some content I can download for instant play ? ^^

Thanks in advance ;)

Offline Zhall

Re: Hey ! fistoz here, looking for OP2 content :)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:30:49 PM »
Outpost 3 is in the works, check out

https://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6025.0.html

We're looking for testers, so come on by.
Pumping out awsome.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »
Hi, welcome!

There a wiki article containing new missions. For new campaigns, there is Renegades, though it was never completed, with I think only 4 missions.

You'll also find a few utilities floating around for extracting or manipulating game resources, in case you're into modding, or want to borrow the game resources for one of your own projects.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 11:33:01 PM »
I'd suggest the Survivor series of multiplayer maps, as most of them are meant to be played cooperatively.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials