Poll

What do you think of having a quarterly game day (4 days a year where we get together and blow eachother up)?

I'm up for it
14 (100%)
I'm interested, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it
0 (0%)
I'm interested, but I know I can't make most days
0 (0%)
I might be interested later
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: nEW GAME DAY  (Read 35208 times)

Offline Drakmar

Re: nEW GAME DAY
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »
Spike, I'll probably be around and up for a game around then.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:47 AM »
How to change the spark to connect to your server Drakmar ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »
Log out of it's current server, and follow these instructions: http://newterrancommandsite.com/chatroom.html

[EDIT] Also, in order to chat, you'll have to register with the room once you enter it. Spark has a little button in the bottom right that looks like red, yellow, and blue people which is it's register button.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:24:24 PM by Drakmar »

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »
i'm playing right now if anyone is interested (darkmars is on too)
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »
We used to do gaming Friday's/Friday nights. I suggest we look at doing that again. IRC is starting to become active again. Come on IRC if you want to play :)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2015, 05:58:28 AM »
After talking to a few people Sundays might be better as people are more likely to be home. What does everyone think?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
I'd be happy to play again sometime, but the thing that always throws it off is the timezone differences.  Also, if I get in a game, I would like to request a map OTHER than pie...last time we had regular-ish games that seemed to be all that anyone wanted to play.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 02:03:08 PM »
How about cake? Everyone likes cake! ;)

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »
Very much agreed, CK9.  Pie is the most unbalanced rush-centric map ever, and I really don't understand how it ever became popular.

La Corrida is pretty good for a LoS map; it's symmetrical (a rarity amongst OP2 maps) and the ore is generally fair.  My favorite map (not counting Survivor, of course) is Fractures (LR).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »
In the old days, Pie was probably the best balanced LoS 6 player map.. so it was only natural it became the most played as well.
Also at that time, the rushing play style was pretty common, something which fits Pie well..

La Corrida is also pretty good, but it can occasionally leave players with only a single 1-bar rare, which is annoying. (Also, with only 1 entrance, it's either noob friendly or lacks diverse strategies - whichever option floats your boat I guess haha)
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 09:16:34 AM »
I always like LaCorr because it fits my play style better than most maps.  Having a defendable chocke point used to allow me to deal with rushers better.  I also always have liked Fractures and Root (mostly assthetically).  I don't think I have ever played on the two maps I pieced together from the campaign missions.  While I am far from happy with how some things came out on it (such as initial unit placement and ores) I would love to give them a go some time.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2015, 09:43:33 AM »
I really like La Corrida, it was a very popular map. Also played some great games on Fractures.

I played Pie loads but hated the imbalances with it. I think it was played so much as there was not much that was better at the time.

As per timezones.. yes it can be a issue. But first we should try and agree on a game day.. I think Sundays would be good.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2015, 09:57:37 PM »
I remember playing the game a long, long time ago back before it turned into a CPM race. I enjoyed fast paced combat and long time exploration and building and light combat.

Unfortunately most of the games played at OPU tend to be CPM races so I probably won't join in too many games if any (plus I tried a few here asking that they not be races and the other users would say okay and then do it anyway). But I will certainly be happy to join in for the group chats!