Poll

Would you support patching neglected features?

Yes
7 (87.5%)
No
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Outpost 2: Revamp  (Read 12796 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Outpost 2: Revamp
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
sticky's need to get within range of the GP's in order to do significant damage.
No. Splash damage kills the KD without any damage to plymouth units.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »
Tubes have no "owner" and thus can't get a color assigned.

The Earthworker looses HP when destroying tubes, because otherwise there would be more annoying Earthworker "attacks" in multiplayer (i.e. people send their Earthworker to the enemy and destroy tubes, before any defense is possible).

I like the Flare and Nova GPs. Don't have to be useful for me. They're just another means for having fun with underpowered enemies.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
Would the answer for the stick would be to shorten its range by one tile so it would have to be in range to kill a gp.

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »
The problem I see is that the game seems to have hard-coded ranges for its weapons because you can't change the range of weapons and make it stick.

For example I gave the microwave the range of a Thor's hammer and it only ever attacked things within the vanilla microwave's range.
Currently working on Cataclysm of Chaos, Remade.
Link to OPU page = http://forum.outpost2.net/index.php/topic,6073.0.html

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
it is possible to change it. infact isnt there research in the tech tree to make one of the weapons fire further.

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
Oh via research it works (ie Extended Range Projectile for EMP and Stickyfoam I think or something) but increasing that value by more won't make it fire any farther.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 01:53:25 AM »
I have personally seen modified laser lynxes auto fire nearly half way across the map on Colony, Eden Starship. They were attacking the main enemy base from where they popped out of the vehicle factories near where I started.

... their accuracy at that range lacked something to be desired though. They were sometimes off by a few tiles, so it took a while to kill anything.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2012, 01:54:25 AM »
Actually, there is a little thing that OP2PATRIOT made a LONG time ago that increases the fire range of units.  I don't know what exactly it does to accomplish this, but I personally would discourage its use.  Weapons with already low accuracy have a tendancy to crash the game by fireing off screen.

Edit: ninja'd y hooman

High, the splash damage can (potentially, have only tried this with the eden mining mission and mic's firing at a GP) be negated with a convec on repair duty.  This is another thing I would like to test some time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:54:58 AM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »
The point is not to make it longer I dont care about that. To make it shorter so the sticky cant be set outside a gp range or even vec range and hit them with splash damage and kill the gp with out ever being engauged.

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Regarding weapon range: There is a range value in the tech files, so yes, it can be changed to anything, you just have to mind the researches which alter that value.

I've personally tested the effects of ridiculous range and find that the game adds some pretty big errors to shots longer than 10. Heck, the Thor's Hammer should give you a good hint, seeing how it's often enough missing its target, the middle of its target tile.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Is that ONLY for shots longer than 10 tiles?  If so, it shows an attempt to balance out the weapon power...

If we did change the distance files, we would need to change that reserch thing too.

--------------------
"...Radiate; recognize one silent call..."
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 11:54:33 PM »
Don't worry about range. Better to remove it's damage - at least so that it doesn't damage buildings.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline lordpalandus

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
K back to the OP, so what can be patched and fixed that won't be totally controversial or complicated?

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 03:32:23 AM »
K back to the OP, so what can be patched and fixed that won't be totally controversial or complicated?
That is indeed the question.

Perhaps some polls should be started once the list is narrowed down appropriately.

Perhaps something like the this: Guard Post Patch?
Which also has a result here: Op2 Gp Patch

Of course, what level of agreement needs to be reached to patch the default play environment? (And how do we agree on that level of agreement?)  :P

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
For independent changes we should just make polls and look for a certain level of agreement. I think, we should be conservative here, and require an agreement of at least 75%. Especially for the changes that will be well visible. Most interface changes belong into this category.

For some changes it is possibly necessary to group them together (e.g. make one plymouth unit weaker and make one eden unit weaker). These groups will probably require a long discussion. Most gameplay changes belong into this category.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »
topic separation would be good