Author Topic: Op2 Masters Campaign  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Venera

Op2 Masters Campaign
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
This is the topic I made for the campaign missions from The Masters as a faction.  This topic could be used for the files, help, and stuff like that.  I need help with the first mission.  I was told by ECC that the masters tampered with Eden's experiment to make it as deadly as it is.  Is this true or what?

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:21:22 AM »
If by "eden's experiment" you mean "the blight" then I beleive they have not claimed responsiblity for creating the deadly microbe.

However im currently creating a story which explains how the hot lab went boom. So yeah, was that your idea?
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
We (Subbed and I) had talked about this in skype.

I thought I had read somewhere that the masters had, in fact, tampered with it, but not to make it 'the blight'.  I thought she had modified something in order to make everything genetically 'perfect' in her own image.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:06:06 PM by jcj94 »

Offline Venera

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »
Okay so maybe the first mission could be to scan an advanced lab so that the masters tampered with it or whatever.  Then come back but the scout HAS to survive.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
The Masters didn't even exist back then, as far as we know.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:08:46 PM »
as far as we know.
Well, should we attempt to clarify weather or not they actually did, or didn't, exist back then?

If they didn't then I guess this is more of a "New Colony Mission/Campaign"

If the did, its actually has some form of intermingling(?) with the original story.

Offline evecolonycamander

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
as far as we know.
Well, should we attempt to clarify weather or not they actually did, or didn't, exist back then?

If the did, its actually has some form of intermingling(?) with the original story.
i think in mission one it is said that there was the appearance of a circle with a line down the middle. supposedly, it stood for the masters.
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Venera

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
as far as we know.

i think in mission one it is said that there was the appearance of a circle with a line down the middle. supposedly, it stood for the masters.
As far as I can remember from reading the story, I don't remember seeing that in it.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:18 PM »
Not until chapter 4.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Venera

Op2 Masters Campaign
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
So for this, I'll need to change the story around so it's not boring by sticking to the same story.  Fine with me.  Now another problem.  How in the world will I get campaign missions for a faction not listed on the campaign list.  Put them as a colony game or something?