Poll

how do you feel is the best way to play in a tourney?

#1 Do what ever it takes to win.
2 (14.3%)
#2 Just have fun and play fair.
11 (78.6%)
#3 Meh, don't really care.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: General Regulations  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Zardox Xheonov

General Regulations
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »
so yeah, after reading TH300's post in the summer tourney thread, i thought i'd post this poll to let the community decide whats best for a tourney...

now to define your choices:

Do what ever it takes to win.
Basically means you would win even if it means ganging up on other people. (2vs1 for example). Or picking all the good players in dodgeball practice. Now just think how unfun that would be for others, you can't deny that would be irratating and selfish. If you want to be irrating an selfish, by all means, vote #1.

Just have fun and play fair
note this may be your prefered choice if your not indifferent or powerhungary for wins. It also means you agree teams must have limitations on their tactics. Not only that, but this means mixing the good players with the terrible players and keeping the average players mixed too. And if there are only 2 very good players, then they MUST be seperated, no questions asked. This is not only for the good of the game, but it's also for fairness and clean play instead of preseting the winner before it has begun.

If your so afraid of loosing, then get better.
Thats way easier said than done... besides some people like me have already reached our limitations. (just becuase your good doesent mean others will be, we are all only humans, and every human is different by nature).

Meh, don't really care.
If you TRULY dont care, then you also don't care when people cut your tubes before AM starts. (hence nobody should pick this at all unless they don't understand the desire for a "good game"). If you do care and absolutly hate it when people use new person tactics; tube cutting, emp missle spam, scout rush, mark breaking, quiting early in-game without reason, ect. Then you have voted #2

Please state comments and questions below.
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
General Regulations
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
Hi five LOP.  

I was kinda thinking about something like this, and it will influence my rules that I end up finalizing.. maybe.  That's IF PEOPLE JOIN THE TOURNY.  I have like.. 8 people.. maybe.

Offline Hidiot

General Regulations
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
How wonderfully subjective your interpretations of each of the choices you put forth are.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Spikerocks101

General Regulations
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
^ second that
After reading your "meanings", I choose number 1 >:D
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
General Regulations
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:20:04 PM »
I picked 2 based on my own interpretations.  While wining is nice, knowing I provided someone seom challenge is more important.  Sorry to highlander, as I'm not likely to provide you a challenge any time soon, heh
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

General Regulations
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 11:25:49 PM »
I want to have fun.  Unfortunately for all of you, my idea of fun is steamrolling you and building a new base on top of the rubble.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
General Regulations
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 03:44:49 AM »
I have to say that I actually find everything ok in a tourny, if it
1) doesn't break any of the tourny's rules and
2) doesn't break any of the general rules (don't missile ore mines etc., and in general don't break the additional rules that are set before the game is started, like attack marks...)

What rules would I want for a tourny?
- in game any tactic is allowed, unless it is exploiting bugs in the game or is just annoying and wouldn't work if the game was a bit smarter (missiling ore mines). In a 2v2 it must be allowed to have 2v1 situations. Sneak attacks must be allowed. Thats part of the game.
- people don't brag with their wins
- if people are allowed to chose which team they're in, and if they chose to form teams that are superior, they are allowed to do so. I'll discourage it, though. (the game is still fun for me if I loose)
(I believe that people who only have fun if they win have a personal problem)
- in some modes, e.g. world domination, it may be appropriate to enforce teams of equal strength, because it can be discouraging for some people if they don't see a chance to dominate the world at the end.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:46:48 AM by TH300 »

Offline Sirbomber

General Regulations
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 09:25:04 AM »
Hahaha, was that supposed to be a shot at me?  This is getting old, TH300.  We get it, Big Bad Bomber is mean and just wants to crush people who don't stand a chance against him.  By that logic I should just never play OP2 anymore, unless it's against Highlander or Arklon.  Stop being such a self-righteous, passive-aggressive elitist; I'll play how I want and if you don't like it go cry about it on your Livejournal.  Can we end this now?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline jcj94

General Regulations
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
Hahaha, was that supposed to be a shot at me?  This is getting old, TH300.  We get it, Big Bad Bomber is mean and just wants to crush people who don't stand a chance against him.
 ------- QUOTE SHORTENED -------
and if you don't like it go cry about it on your Livejournal.  Can we end this now?
1:) I'd like to face you.  Definatly'd lose, but hey, I went up against the most Ba member of the forum (at op2)
2:) No, don't end it, it provides comic relief!

Offline Sirbomber

General Regulations
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
1) See, that's the spirit.
2) No, I'm trying to stop this before it turns into a flame war.

Offline Zardox Xheonov

General Regulations
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:04:59 AM »
1) I agree; we don't want a flame war.
2) I think it will settle down, lets just wait it out?

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
General Regulations
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »
Hahaha, was that supposed to be a shot at me?  This is getting old, TH300.  We get it, Big Bad Bomber is mean and just wants to crush people who don't stand a chance against him.  By that logic I should just never play OP2 anymore, unless it's against Highlander or Arklon.  Stop being such a self-righteous, passive-aggressive elitist; I'll play how I want and if you don't like it go cry about it on your Livejournal.  Can we end this now?
I said, you have the problem, not I. I am not saying that you are mean. I find it - to a certain extent - ok, that you play Outpost 2 and win all the time. If you are better, thats just natural. It doesn't hurt me that you only have fun when you win the game. Thats fine for me. If you don't want to change, thats your business. My post was not only targeted to you, but to everyone. You should understand that its not my intention to attack you. I am just stating my thoughts (which refer not only to you) and I honestly tried to be as polite as possible. So, would you please stop feeling offended?

Offline Hidiot

General Regulations
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
Let me just say that I suddenly recalled a game where I went up against Sirbomber and Highlander in a team. My side's only chance was that it was  3 v 2. Eventually, LoP, our only plymouth player, had to quit, so we were doomed to failure, with my other ally not being that great, at all.
I still had fun trying. Winning is a great feeling, but so should being challenged.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline jcj94

General Regulations
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
Let me just say that I suddenly recalled a game where I went up against Sirbomber and Highlander in a team.
1: lol, 2: See thats what I mean.  It's fun to win... but I won't just go off and cheat or glitch just to win.

Offline Zardox Xheonov

General Regulations
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 08:23:03 AM »
i prefer to have an even match, so it's interesting, not some quick end where as my oponent steamrolls my base in under 300marks...

I simply like games with as fair a chance for player 1 just the same as player 2 (or close).