3: For Lynx (better speed)
1 (25%)
4: For Panther (better armor)
0 (0%)
5: For Panther (reduced build time)
0 (0%)
6: For Earthworker (faster build time)
0 (0%)
7: For EarthWorker (less damage when destroying things)
0 (0%)
8: For Spider (less time for capture)
0 (0%)
9: For Guard Posts (a type of Cluster GP)
0 (0%)
10: Some combination of the choices above (leave a comment)
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: New Wreckages?  (Read 21178 times)

Offline Zardox Xheonov

New Wreckages?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »
i meant in the communications panel in-game, not before, it is possible to implement a message and it will always be there in-game becuase all you have to do is scroll up and its there right at the begining.

There should be a way to record these messages into the communications panel in game to make the text easy access to people in the middle of a game. That or we could place it into the objectives.

Iv seen it done before: "sirbomber has left the game"
It said that every single time when i began this one multiplayer map sir made for our community. I dont know if that was a glitch but i do know what im saying is possible (just cuzz of that glitch and the fact it exists).

As for the map it is, i forget, might of been halloween candy quest or crossfire... or somthing not on the top of my head.

Im pretty sure someone else has noticed it by now.

This would be less hazardes than a text box appearing, as people can read it without stalling the game. It will happen after thee game starts and will let people be able to read as they play.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:22:01 PM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Hidiot

New Wreckages?
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »
Or you could make it as an objective, making it always there to be seen.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
New Wreckages?
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »
I'm with him.

Setting it as a mission objective would be a LOT easier.

And a simple trigger would suffice to turn off wreckage (or say it's been completed) AND turn off the wreckage.

Offline evecolonycamander

New Wreckages?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »
when i first started to play op2, i instantly went click happy to find how to build.(food storage diminishing D:) so i did not even bother with the objectives which later i had trouble finding again. a briefing eliminates the need to focus on your needy colony long enough to actually sit and read. newbies dont bother with writing on screen when they know an attack is immanent. at least the ones i know. they all want to get out there fast. again the briefing allows newbies the chance to not feel overwhelmed first thing.

(had a time restraint or i would have organized this and written more)
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline jcj94

New Wreckages?
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »
A little off topic but, what was your time restraint ECC?

I actually CONSTANTLY look at the mission objectives.  I wanted to beat the mission as quickly as possible.  Without getting eaten by lava and melted by the blight.

Offline Sirbomber

New Wreckages?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 10:09:59 PM »
I don't understand why these kinds of things are becoming so commonplace in maps people are making. If it's not wreckage it's some kind of stupid text cheat or easter eggs or something else to purposely make the game unfair.

Honestly, just focus on making a good mission. It doesn't have to have all these "extras" that serve no purpose except to unbalance the game, and I don't think anyone cares about you showing off programming knowledge, if that's the intended effect, by adding these special things in that don't make the mission better.
Didn't see this the first time around, but whole-hearted agreement.  Unless they actually add to gameplay (consider those hacks Arklon did for CCF2, like the auto-regen effect granted by the DIRT) then don't bother.

Frankly, why bother with wreckage?  Just add new researches that anyone can get.  Or, if you really love the idea of wreckage, make them grant tech most people don't research, like Solar Power or Advanced Robotic Manipulator Arm.  Maybe that'd give people incentive to try using units/structures you wouldn't normally see in multiplayer.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline jcj94

New Wreckages?
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 03:16:51 PM »
*jaw drops*

never thought about THOSE kinda of wreckages.

Good idea Sir Bomber.  We'll have to take that to heart.