Author Topic: Light Speed And Beyond  (Read 11228 times)

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 12:55:44 AM »
From what I've heard Steven Hawking and Michio Kaku in various specials on History and Discovery, the ammount of energy that would be required to enlarge and hold open a wormhole is beyond what humanity is capable with the resources available to us.

In fact, it is beyond what we will be capable of for quite some time.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Simpsonboy77

Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »
From what I've heard Steven Hawking and Michio Kaku in various specials on History and Discovery, the ammount of energy that would be required to enlarge and hold open a wormhole is beyond what humanity is capable with the resources available to us.

In fact, it is beyond what we will be capable of for quite some time.
Hmm I remember something kind of different.

If you have electrically charged plates you could theoretically hold a black/white/worm hole open for some macroscopic object to pass through. This is based off of the Casimir Effect. Further you can convert a normal worm hole into a time machine by quickly moving one side of the hole so time dilation has an appreciable effect, then bringing it back to its original spacial location. I can't find how much of a charge would have to be on these plates for a given wormhole's mass. I remember reading a few years ago that it wasn't in the realm of impossibility.

But when you are talking about faster than light travel and you include wormholes, its not a good argument because they haven't been DIRECTLY observed, nor do we know the exact physics behind them.

Here is a nice magazine article on the intricacies of the Casimir Effect.
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »
Faster than the speed of light?  What is this crap?

To travel through time you only need to be going 88 MPH.
With 1.1 Jigawatts of power

BTW: i watch science channel, and a ton of other educational stuff, on the theory of relativity, and ECC there could litterly be a black hole right in front of your nose.  

And the reason SPACE at the begining of the universe, began to move faster than the speed of light is just that, its space.  Nothingness.  Thus NOTHING can move faster than the speed of light.

YAY I find paradox
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:23:30 PM by jcj94 »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 03:50:12 AM »
There are mathematical diagrams that prove the possibility of Warp Speed travel.  However, this is another case of "the technology won't be available any time soon"
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »
or you just have to meet my secret organization whose techknownledgy exceeds 100 years into the future of tech....

Im not joking... though im only part of a forest squad..
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 08:32:38 AM »
Begins to praise black holes... What, without them, the milky way, and everything in it, including is, wouldn't exist.  Well, black holes and quasars.  

Have you all heard of the theory that says that black holes are big bangs in other galaxies?  

If you plug in the numbers for our universe into the formula for a black hole, it fits... It's pretty creepy.

Yay geometry, calculus, and trig?

And Nothing can move faster than the speed of light.  Thus, in order to travel at those speeds we would have to find something OTHER than energy or matter, because those are still both things, to transform into.  However, the law of conservation of matter and law of conservation of energy both state: No energy/matter can be lost or created, only transformed from one state into another or from energy to matter and back. They word it that way so the big bang makes sense.  It started of as an.. inverse singularity.  Nothing but energy.  But as it expanded, matter and antimatter where created.  (for every 1 billion particles of antimatter, there was 1 billion and 1 particles of matter).  They had their war, and Us, the leftover matter, began to clump as gas spread out.  If it wasn't for certain areas of gas not being there, nothing would have formed, because everythings gravity would have effected everything else the exact same way.  And as the gas clumped, more joined, ceating supermassive stars, that burned out quickly, giving way to supermassive black holes, that ate and ate more and more gas.  Eventually the superheated gas created a quasar, pushing it all back, and stars started to form.  And as those stars grew older, they exploded, releasing heavier elements into the universe, and one happened to be near our solar system.  

Long post :heh:

EDIT:
Perpetual Motion is possible.. relative to reference point.  We are all in perpetual motion relative to the sun :P

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:29:17 AM by jcj94 »

Offline evecolonycamander

Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »

EDIT:
Perpetual Motion is possible.. relative to reference point.  We are all in perpetual motion relative to the sun :P
THANK YOU FOR POINTING OUT WHAT I WAS SAYING ALL ALONG!!!!
/shout
i think the second(correct me if i mistake the #) law of physics states that an object in motion will stay in motion unless another force changes said motion. so in theory, you could create an object that is effected by other forces in a somewhat reverse manner. repel instead of attract, positive instead of negative, etc. but i think this is the wrong topic AND an old one, so i wont go any further. Jcj, why don't you make a new topic please. then we can discuss this without any staff getting upset(about the necro's)
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »
speed of light... bleh... there is a from of energy (i think) which can move faster... idk if its energy or not... but it has been proven already... just not released to general public due to the fact that they arent ready... along with many other secrets... :)

Need i add that there are devices that generate black holes.... just not used near earth, now in the eyes of public for humanities sake.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:03:13 AM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline evecolonycamander

Light Speed And Beyond
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
two things wrong with that statement. 1. this thread is DEAD.(staff plz lock it )
2. what you are talking about is a small error in a particle accelerator that misread and electron(?) moving through a bar of iron. the readings said it moved .6 times the speed of light. this mistake was caused by most likely, a tired programmer with too much overtime. feel free to correct me IN THE OTHER THREAD
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning