Author Topic: Spelling  (Read 14898 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Spelling
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 01:09:29 PM »
Well with the spawn of recent semi topic posts of joking i pretty much figure its time to close th thread since we made it clean how we are going to take care of this and how we shouldnt take care of it.  

Offline evecolonycamander

Spelling
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 01:26:51 PM »
I think the conclusion was that freeza thinks everyone who is doing the complaining is lame while those who do the complaining want the few people who show little effort in spelling to put forth the effort.  In the end, the thread was futile because humans as a species are inherently stubborn against changing their ideals.

Or to put it simply, we've agreed to disagree
well i have to say i AM giving my spelling a look over but i have never been good at it. i used to hate books and that is where my spelling/grammar issues spawned. also ck is right, humans are proven to be (as a whole) suborn against change, inherently lazy, and unorganized to the point of costing millions of lives in petty wars over the simplest of things like, religion, race, and ethnic backgrounds. then there is that occurrence when a person stands up in the riptide and changes the flow of the river to make things better. the people like that are in most cases find they are alone in that job and in a few even hated or hated by the general public.
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Hidiot

Spelling
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
Not only are humans usually against changes to themselves/their lifestyle/etc, but they can easily turn aggressive when a change is insisted upon. Sort of why Greece has been in such bad shape these past weeks.

Also, I'm not a fan of books myself, mostly because I can't keep my attention active enough to actually get something out of a book. You just need to... use a language in all its "glory" if you want to learn it (and implicitly use it) properly. That's why international English tests, such as the Cambridge exams, IELTS, TOEFL, to name a few, are divided into categories, generally: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Simpsonboy77

Spelling
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
alright i think we have come to a conclusion with this thread what do yall say.
Yes, please lock it before it devolves into flaming.
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3