Author Topic: The Origional Cheats  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Nexxusential

The Origional Cheats
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
is there any way that someone can give me an unmoded version, or one that still has the cheats enabled... i was never really good at this game and i only play it so that i can build my base and mess around while i wait for other things =)... used to have the game but then my dog chewed the disk... and i got another one but it doesnt have the resolution abilities of the OPU one.  :heh:  
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offline Zardox Xheonov

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
i have the original game on a disc, but i dont know how to send you the files :( unless of course i were to email it to you. or maybe i could post them on the file forums so that anyone can use them...

to tell you the truth your not the first.

Be warned though, thise is one of the earliest versions and this site's patches wont work because this was an original.

and DO NOT mix the files with the other op2 folder of a diferent version. that just make big mess. :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:20:14 PM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
well there is really one way to get better at the game other then cheating which doesnt help you at all because every thing is handed to you.

practice.  its a game its not that critical to win it.

also i believe you can get better resolution out of the old version if you adjust your color settings to 16 bit. i recall doing that alot at a friends house.

Offline evecolonycamander

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 06:23:47 AM »
dont we have the original version lining around somewhere on the site? personally i want it so i can see the differences in unit counts (i want more units)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:24:32 AM by evecolonycamander »
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Sirbomber

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:45:27 AM »
The original version lets you have less units...

And the only CD version we might have is the German version (if that).
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
Of course, anyone with an original could make an image of that CD and upload it. And we probably still have people with original CDs still alive and working.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
We got one right here.  But I think learning to play without cheats is more important.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hidiot

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
Well, of course it is. But unless you can convince them not to cheat and to learn to play, helped, by playing multi player, or following advice, without insisting too much, better try and help then with their desire (if it only affects them). Maybe later, they'll decide on their own to make the effort.

Offline Kayedon

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 06:57:01 PM »
Of course, anyone with an original could make an image of that CD and upload it. And we probably still have people with original CDs still alive and working.
*raises hand*
Does one Original and 3 backups count?
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 08:17:54 PM »
only 3 backups?  Original and 10 backups here...I got a bit paranoid when I was younger, heh
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Kayedon

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 06:10:01 PM »
One of the backups is digital (online), one is a CD, and one is on an external hard drive.

Actually, that's also incorrect. Two are also on old ('98) computers. So technically 5 backups :P
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:48 AM »
mine were made shortly after we got our first ever CD burner, lol

amazing how quickly something like that goes from "OMG!  WOW!" to "Meh"
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 01:09:59 AM »
Not for the time period during which you didn't have one. I waited years before they became affordable.

Btw, are all your backups in the same place? :P
What happens if your house burns down? Or maybe I'm just being a morbid pessimist here. Mind you, if your house ever burns down, I would sure hope OP2 isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

I wonder if going through the SVN history, and some sort of binary diffs might produce what is desired here. Mind you, I don't think the cheat removal was well separated out from a number of other changes, so I doubt it'd be an easy thing to attempt. At any rate, I have no interest in trying.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:39:07 AM »
I have several original disks, but an image of one of them would be a bit excessive size-wise :P Although you'd probably just need the executable, right? (I'm not sure if the changes in our current version reach too far beyond that) Unfortunately, you'd lose a lot of the other changes, such as the GDI/DirectX change..

(and I just realized I almost quoted the original post verbatim... this is why you don't post while working >>)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:39:55 AM by gpgarrettboast »

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 08:15:08 PM »
sense every one has the original... why not upload it to the forum. also see what code is changed so we can up the unit count again.
-famous last words

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 05:39:45 AM »
Nexxusential - If you do a simple google search on "Outpost 2 cheat codes", you'll probably find them. It's the codes where you have to type in something of Dan's that you're looking for.

There are some glitches and other tricks to this game, but I doubt those have made it onto any of the cheat sites. We also have 1 extra Dan code here which haven't leaked onto the web yet I believe. A search on the forum here might yield some interesting results for you.

Don't waste your time on the "click on a building repeatedly to make it do it's thing faster" cheat though - it doesn't work - even though many sites seems to have it posted.

If you ever want to learn the game more thoroughly I suggestyou stop by on IRC and play a few multiplayer games. After you know your way around, single player won't be that much of a challenge any more :)
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Sirbomber

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »
Highlander, you didn't actually read his post, did you?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »
While spam-clicking buildings doesn't work, you will notice much faster completion of construction and research if you move your main map view to a section without any animation occuring in it.  Someone explained why that happened, but I forgot, heh.
CK9 in outpost

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 09:47:19 AM »
becuse the computer has less memory used for grafics and more for verbles.
sorry bout spelling
-famous last words

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 05:19:04 PM »
Highlander, you didn't actually read his post, did you?
Heh, I did - but not very thoroughly it seems  :blush:
A weak moment were I was doing several things at once, shows i'm not really good at multitasking eh ?

Edit: I sort of doubt it CK9. None of those cheats have ever worked when I have tested them against a stop watch.. Feel free to test it and we can compare results :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:30:49 PM by Highlander »
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:52 PM »
I believe what CK9 is refering to is playing on a laggy computer. If the computer has less to do (such as drawing units), then the game will run a little faster. So if you're looking at an empty area of the map, rather than at your base, things will complete a little faster in real time, but it's still the same amount of game time. In other words, it's really not a cheat.

Offline Simpsonboy77

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 11:21:20 PM »
I'm guessing this would have no effect on multiplayer correct?

I'd also recommend playing the CD install if you really insist on having cheats. The lower unit count is probably not a problem if you are just starting out.

EDIT: You could take a look at my tutorial in my signature, its somewhat helpful.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:30:07 PM by Simpsonboy77 »
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Offline Hidiot

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 03:48:20 AM »
It works in multi player too, since the game's speed is set to cater for the slowest connection. So if the one causing the most lag watches an idle place on the map, the game will run slightly faster. (Theoretically)

Of course, watching idle spaces on the map is not the way to play the game.

I have a proposition: Why not edit the sheets that contain the base stats? Edited sheets need to go in the game folder to work and a simple deleting is all that's needed to restore the original settings. Of course, it does take a little effort to edit the sheets right, but you can cheat like that without the need of any particular game version.
Only condition: Don't think you're a deity just because you managed to do that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:48:36 AM by Hidiot »

Offline jcj94

• http://techfusion-279.com
The Origional Cheats
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
only 3 backups?  Original and 10 backups here...I got a bit paranoid when I was younger, heh
A bit?  I never had the original, just found this site and liked it.

EDIT1: And if i edited the tek tree ( YES I KNOW ITS CHEATING) i could post it to lessen reasearch.

EDIT2: I like to just play to build a base and then destroy myself.. so id have to make a second op2 file.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:59:26 PM by jcj94 »

The Origional Cheats
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »
same here.... except i was introed into it by fighter
-famous last words