Author Topic: Eve Tek Tank  (Read 35992 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
then what do you call the thors hammer and the supernova.

those are not SUPER weapons.  the fact that the tiger laser can out do a thors hammer tiger means it aint.  The super nova while powerful is only good at blowing up buildings and doesnt work good in mass numbers unless your trying to ram them through a front line so ya there both still limited and cant kill every thing with one shot. No the emp missile is not super because its limited to only a few targets and its kinda slow if your smart enough to know where its going to land. and if your eden you have met defs (assuming some one doesnt take advantage of the top def bug)

it is not destroying the electricity. just destroying the parts of the brain that cause the reactions in the first place. or in the case of electronics it fries the circuits that send and receive the electric pulses. and just cause it annoys you so much. IT IS JUST THEORY AT WORK HERE.

EMP causes a Induction in Almost all electronics if not shielded. and yes you can shield from a emp. essentially you are going to electricute a humans brain and nervous system with a tuned emp for humans they will die.

Offline evecolonycamander

Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »
i guss that ill gust have to prove it i will make ether a better ai to play against OR a demo with to armys with what each different unit attacking each other one on one
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »
um what that doesnt even make sense with what we are talking about.

Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
no it dose. ill prove that an thours hammer is super weapon by making one of the a demo or a better ai.(in other words im getting tired of agueing so to stop it all im going to prove it)
-famous last words

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »
okay, this is just getting rediculous!  No electro magnetic pulse would EVER fry a brain.  We're talking about a difference between electircity and chemical-electric impulse.  The neurons of the brain use cations and anions to transmit their messages by shoving more of one out of the membrane at specific points.  Magnetic fields DO NOT effect ions.  If you put a magnet in salt water, you won't have sodium on one pole and chloride on the other.  You'd have better luck using the electricity for powering the electro magnet as a weapon.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 10:23:24 AM »
ECC, if you're tired of arguing then stop.  You're never going to prove that Thor's Hammer is a superweapon because it isn't.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
no it dose. ill prove that an thours hammer is super weapon by making one of the a demo or a better ai.(in other words im getting tired of agueing so to stop it all im going to prove it)

ok now im going to say it.  You dont know how to play op2 the ESG is more of a pain then the thors hammer.  the Laser tiger is a mean f***er not to mention acid cloud. ITs a rts not starcraft where you zerg rush every thing S stand for strategy.  Even a zombie army of microwave lynx can own people.

and for the emp

The electromagnetic radiation arising from a nuclear explosion caused by recoil electrons and photoelectrons from photons dispersed in the materials of the nuclear device or in a surrounding medium is known as Electro Magnetic Pulse or EMP. The resulting electro-magnetic fields can team up with electrical or electronic system to produces voltage surges and electric shocks.

A solitary high-altitude nuclear burst of 10 or more megatons at the geographic center of North America has the strength to cripple virtually every type of unprotected electronic circuitry in a matter of 5 nanoseconds.  Essential weapon control systems can also be damaged irreparably.  The research into the electromagnetic weapons has been under way since the 40s. It is possible to develop a weapon that can produce electromagnetic radiation capable of killing people 5 or 10 miles away from sources. The EMP can certainly affect human brain especially if the wavelength is less than 2 meters

Only an extremely high field pulse would have a noticeable result on the cells of the brain.

Considering the baseline or the continuous field power that is existent across the membranes of every living cell when they are presently sustaining a resisting potential to be negative 60 mV, the difference between the voltage would drop considerably throughout the whole hydrocarbon layer in the lipid bilayer that measures 3 nm in width. This would imply that the power of the resting field sustained through the cell membrane would be 20 MV/m. EMP pulses would have to be almost of this level across the cell membrane to affect living cells.

However, this does not rule out the possibility that someone could design an EMP generator that can attain these field strengths.

this is what I found.

Offline Kayedon

Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2010, 11:25:37 AM »
Can we just... lock this spam/flame test and issue a/some warning(s) for idiocy? This is ridiculous and out-of-hand.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
well at least you can back it up. but i will say this for the first and last time. you all haven't seen how i play. you don't know outpost inside out(for that matter neither do i) and don't  know the difference between hardcore science and true science. if you can do better i will stop on what you have proved and move on but until then i will continue to be here at a computer annoying the #E!! out of you with my version of the game. deal with it and be happy. or any other emotion if that is what suits you.

Here is the challenge make the a colony game, demo, or mission that in some way proves that i am wrong and you are right.
the reward is 25 ore and me shutting up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:35:41 AM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
If you're trying to prove/disprove that thor's is a super weapon, how about the fact that I killed off a 32+ thors/emp tiger 50/50 mix with just 16 RPG tigers and 5 emp lynx?  If we can get in contact with fiologist, he can confirm it, he was the one attacking with the thors/emp mix
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Hidiot

Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:22 PM »
ECC, you can always use the Eden or Plymouth unit reference tutorial. You conveniently get an example of all weapons on each chassis.
EDIT: Just to be clear, you can only really use those for 1 on 1 cases.

Also, how hard do you think it would be to make a blank map with just some units on it? If you don't know for sure, it's just a matter of putting in some TethysGame::CreateUnit(Unit <handle>, map_id <chassis>, LOCATION (x,y), <playerNum>,  map_id <weapon>,  <direction facing>);
The only reason someone can't do such a thing is because they don't want to. Or are mentally retarded, but we have yet to see an actual case.

Of course, if you're too lazy to make them attack eachother, you would need to place the units in separate groups and have them attack each other.

The game has been around since 1997, and some people around here have, over time, made plenty of empiric observations. Check the tech files for hard data if you so wish, but the fact is set in stone, that there is no super weapon in vanilla OP2 (EMP missiles are debatable, but shouldn't be considered as such, since there are counters to it. Super weapons by definition pretty much have no counter, other than destroying them before they fire).

Lastly, the more you irritate people, the harsher they will become, the more you will be irritated by their harshness and the more you will irritate, thus completing a downward spiral. I strongly suggest some fresh air.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:41:23 PM by Hidiot »
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2010, 03:40:22 PM »
well at least you can back it up. but i will say this for the first and last time. you all haven't seen how i play. you don't know outpost inside out(for that matter neither do i)...

...Here is the challenge make the a colony game, demo, or mission that in some way proves that i am wrong and you are right.
the reward is 25 ore and me shutting up.
Actually I would beg to differ. Some have played this game since it came out and while others have not played that long, they have both played enough to gain a pretty thorough insight into the game.
Most people playing regularly online have picked up the best strategies how to defeat this game, be it against human or computer opponents. These strategies are pretty much set in stone, so while there might be different approaches to achieving victory, I sincerely doubt anything new or groundbreaking will be added to these strategies within the games current state.

No, you can be sure we don't know how you play this game since you never play online. Then again, you will probably not have a clear perspective of how we play either, and based on previous experience, since you have not played online you will not have a full grasp of the fine details this game provides.
You might be quite good/skilled at the game and be a fast learner, but I would place my ore on any of the experienced players here whooping your ass without too much difficulty the first few games at the very least.

Secondly, you seem to base your assumptions towards weapons strength on how the AI plays. Since the AI in OP2 is.. s***.. what you experience in single player has little relevance towards how the game works in the hands of an experienced player. The weapons strength has little to say if the one controlling the weapon has no notion of how to use it.

How about you just come play with us online and we show you how we play rather than someone having to do hours on end work of coding a decent AI for you to play against ?
Possibly you can watch this Youtube Video of Leviathan vs Paco, which is pretty much the culmination of skill in this game. It's not how most people like to play the game these days, but these two are/were probably the best players of OP2 in it's history.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
Locking this topic seeing as it has degenerated into a flame war (and has strayed quite far from the original topic).

If you want to post a new topic to civilly discuss certain issues that's fine. If it contains anything such as pre-emptively calling out a member of the community asking them not to flame or "speak harshly" of ideas or completely unsupported claims then I will lock the topic if I see it.

People know what the board rules are and flaming is not permitted, so it shouldn't be necessary to point fingers at specific people, asking them not to do it before it even occurs.

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »
eve tek tank was locked due to a brewing flame war that was caused by most likely me. so i decided to take advantage of it and start anew. here is the link for the first tank: Eve tek tank the teks will be posted at the bottom of this post. if red then ignore it yellow then argue it(quietly), green then it is ready and 100% made.
 remember if you are argumentative DON'T start yelling.

note: Spelling may be harable if you cant read what i wright then dont be afrade to tell me unless it is about misspelling tech(tek is how the game refers to it)
Teks:
solar energy spectrum update------------------------------------------------------------------Doubles solar energy receiver output
black theory-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------initial wormhole research
worm hole mechanics--------------------------------------------------------------------------------second stage of wormhole research
wormhole generation----------------------------------------------------------------------Third and final stage of wormhole research

market research-------------------------------increseces recreation and/or decreases metal needed for commercial factory wares
matinece schedule revamp----------------------------increasing dirt conpacity, convec, spider, repair vehicle repair times at the cost of more workers needed for dirt and robot command

NOTE: May split this research in to different ones^
Nanotechnology---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------increases medic compacity to 200% or is the end game scenario for killing blight
MP(magnetic pulse) reloder---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------railgun or Rpg reloding time reduced
extra-colonial Decription---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------revews infomation stolen from the other colonys to use for self
anti energy sheilding(need better name) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------gives Lvl 5 armor to CC and vaios other units(still thinking)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:00:15 PM by evecolonycamander »
-famous last words

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
matinece schedule revamp----------------------------increasing dirt conpacity, convec, spider, repair vehicle repair times at the cost of more workers needed for dirt and robot command
Basically you've recycled DIRT Procedural Review and Advanced Robotic Manipulator Arm, combined them into one tech, and in the process made the already useless RCC even more useless.

Why?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
market research-------------------------------increseces recreation and/or decreases metal needed for commercial factory wares
okay, so market research is targeted at the consumer goods facotry, correct?

Does anyone even use that structure in game?  A lot of people argue that the RCC is useless, but the CGF might as well be a void.  Researching it hurts more than it helps.

Maintenance Schedule Revamp.....basically, it's using up a resource (workforce) without any significant upside to balance out the cost...
CK9 in outpost

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »
Does anyone even use that structure in game?  A lot of people argue that the RCC is useless, but the CGF might as well be a void.  Researching it hurts more than it helps.
You're thinking of the Rec Center/Forum, CK9.  The CGF, on the other hand, allows you to have 99 morale without a single Residence.  :P  

Offline Kayedon

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
Would you kindly use a spellchecker?
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
Does anyone even use that structure in game?  A lot of people argue that the RCC is useless, but the CGF might as well be a void.  Researching it hurts more than it helps.
You're thinking of the Rec Center/Forum, CK9.  The CGF, on the other hand, allows you to have 99 morale without a single Residence.  :P
only if you waste 80+% of your ore
CK9 in outpost

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2010, 11:40:45 PM »
Not really?  CGF stuff is pretty cheap, and compared to the many workers and scientists you'd need to maintain high morale and the cost, power consumption, and construction time of all the other morale structures, you save quite a bit.  Not to mention it alleviates morale problems your other structures can't deal with, like disasters or "accidentally" destroying enemy morale structures.

Point is, in morale games I use the CGF all the time, and I'm not alone.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2010, 11:49:24 PM »
Point is, in morale games I use the CGF all the time, and I'm not alone.
Yeah, CGF is a must in Morale games. Having 99 Morale while the rest of the players has the default 50-70'ish, really makes a difference + research can be allocated elsewhere while keeping a high morale, while others must focus of morale enhancing research or weaponry.

As for the RCC, I always build one, because I have always believed it makes my vehicles smarter ? Thus I would say it's fairly useful rather than useless..
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2010, 12:58:40 AM »
Okay, so the CGF is good for space race, midas and resource race (the least played three styles) but in LR and LO, a residence takes less attention than a CGF, but neither is needed because most of the time moral is steady.

RCC is great...when you have a lower number of vehicles.  I've noticed a few times that, as my vehicle number increased, the vehicles started tracing cliffs again to find their way.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Hidiot

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2010, 02:43:26 AM »
Did you every try building more RCCs at that point? I also get the feeling that the larger your army gets, the less effective the RCC is.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2010, 06:54:25 AM »
Having an RCC is just like having a Nursery or University.  A flag is set if you have one.  If you don't that flag is cleared and you don't gain its effects.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Eve Tek Tank Ii
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
Do we have the code that makes the RCC work?  Maybe if we look into it, we can make research topics that will allow it to work for more vehicles.
CK9 in outpost