Author Topic: The Other Colony---eve  (Read 14647 times)

Offline evecolonycamander

The Other Colony---eve
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:23 PM »
"Welcome to Eve, the best of the best reside here."

I will start with a sandbox/demo to get off the ground.

This is where i will put all of my developments for this colony. :op2:

If you have any ideas or questions or even attempts of help bounce them off of me.

Very basic backround of colony
second star ship launched from earth
has been watching Eden and Plimoth scene landing
attacked by a mysterious group of life forms--the Johvas

INTRO
The Hope (Name of star ship) was once was the international space station it was redesigned to launch half way to Alpha Centauri B (fyi there are 3 Alpha Centauris, one is a red dwarf, and two are sun sized I think) with 100 people as a back up plan, but some thing went wrong. A spontaneous gravity well catapulted them further and faster then expected to a previously uncharted system. Seeing as their resources where low, they decided to make a temporary colony here and move on. That was until they learned of Eden and Plymouth. After a fierce debate the council decided that they are to avoid both colonies at all costs until they could learn more about them. So for a time they did and the more they learned the more it scared them. In their fear the council decided to reactivate their weapons database and prepare for the worst. Only problem was, they had no clue where it was going to come from...

STORY LINE/ novela

commander Fallon didn't care. she didn’t care that every one she knew on earth was dead. she didn’t care that her life was in shambles. All she knew was that her new home and her people was under attack and they depended on her to save it.  The swarms of spider like units where all over the place. The tunnels were chaos. People where running all over the place disregarding the calm savont computer issuing commands over the intercom. They were scared, and rightfully so. There had not been an attack like this since World War 3 back on Old Earth. As Bejince passed by a reinforced window in the command center he saw the new Linx microwaves go in to action. The scorpions as had come to call them turned and fired back. Then an explosion occurred. One of the scorpions went up in flames. [Unfinished]

Mission 1 objectives
  • distroy remaining scorpion units
  • evacuate all units to beacon in the south west
  • evacuate 1 tokamac
  • evacuate 1 comand center
  • evacuate 1 stucture factory
  • evacuate 1 vehicle factory
  • evacuate 1 common ore smelter
  • evacuate 1 agridome
  • evacuate 1 basic lab
[Am i forgeting any other basic units]

Teks included
  • solor array revamp
  • [more to come]
Weapons list-Eve
  • Microwave
  • Sticky foam
  • Starflare
  • EMP
  • Acid Cloud
  • Thors Hammer
(Will fix/finish later)

Posible End Game Senarios
  • Wormhole Tek (FAILED)
  • Last Stand(current pet idea)
  • Return to Earth
  • Kill blight
Give Feed Back

Eve Sandbox game
Progress----------3 1/3%
-Map making----------0%
--Sandbox map1----???% Ask LOP
-Coding ---------------0%
-Tek tree-------------10%
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:51:01 PM by evecolonycamander »
''The blight cant get us up here!''
-famous last words
--------------o0o--------------
Outpost 2: EoM project status: Re-planning

Offline Sirbomber

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:15:39 PM »
For some weird reason, I can't shake the feeling that this belongs in the fan fic forum...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Spikerocks101

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »
your right. also, you seriously need to add the info...
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »
Who, me?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Spikerocks101

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
the first part is you, seccond part is eve dude
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »
Stop using the same pronoun to refer to two people!  :P  

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:42:59 PM »
Yea, instead use it to talk about 3 or more people :P
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
All this is is me doing someting like outpost renagades but from start to finish
-famous last words

Offline Spikerocks101

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:06:28 AM »
kewl, i guess
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
Only if it gets finished.

If you haven't already, you should check out my coding tutorials.  You may find them useful for such a project.

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
Oh it'll get done, all right.
and i have to say that if it wasent for you sirbomber i would be siting here asking for some one to code it for me even though i know it would never happen
-famous last words

Offline Zardox Xheonov

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 03:58:25 PM »
I wanna help! I'v sent you details in a pm, do read it.

I hope this becomes a good colony game.
I support.  (thumbsup)

Edit: I think esg with acid would be good.
Sticky, microwave, starflare, and emp. I think that should be all, we don't want too much now do we?
Also consider how many different weapons eden/plymouth has. May that be your exsample? I think it could be.

Guidlines to balance:
If eve has emp missle, they cannot have medeor defense, and the other way around too.
If eve has consumergoods+repairvehcile, they can't have the arachnicactory, other way around too.
Even can only have 4 of the following techs: railgun, supernova, stickyfoam, rpg, thorshammer, esg, acidcloud, laser, microwave.
The following, which you probably know, is for all colonies: starflare, emp, an area of affect weapon, a ranged weapon(bigger than mic/laz).

I look forward to this colony game :D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:08:24 PM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
Couldn't one pull out some of the weapons seen in the pre-release demo for some "New" weaponry ? (At least the microwave looks different and without me knowing - there might be other weapons in those files as well ?)

And if you want more diversity you could always play around with the the current weapons - increase/decrese rang of fire, duration of of ESG mines etc..
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »
Already doing that

-famous last words

Offline Larrythepoet

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 02:42:45 AM »
Hmmm, a few names are strangely similar to some of EVE's...  
No.

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 05:10:12 AM »
What do you mean?

-famous last words

Offline Spikerocks101

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 05:21:18 AM »
EVE online he means. Its a black whole in the internet which will suck you in for months..
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
eve is evil... Actually this came to my mind.

Well, I wish you good luck with this project. Please keep it op2ish (alien life forms don't fit in that scheme), don't make any super-weapons etc. And I'd appreciate if you could provide a nice story/novella behind "eve" or whatever you're going to call it.

Edit: typos
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:06:17 AM by TH300 »

Offline Sirbomber

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:35 AM »
Yeah, it might be nice to know what this is...

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
not sure why eve is evil prehaps you can eleborate that one to me. Hehe start another thread on that.

any way.  After seeing the suggestion of a wormhole.  I would have to say that is out of the question. First one hasnt been found and second no one has any idea what forces would be involved with going near one let alot inside one. I wouldnt even suggest a blackhole either the ship would be torn apart by the tidal forces before getting to it. Alien life i dont know that just seems to be to out there the possiblity of finding a planet that is good let alone people living on it is beyond astronomical.

remember op2 has good real science base.  If you break that it might make the game seem cheapend.

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 03:22:01 PM »
Well in theory wormholes exist when space/time bend to a point where mater and energy can pass vertically to other times and/or places in space/time faster than that same matter/energy would in traveling on its normal undisturbed linear movement.
That is a worm hole definition
worm holes are thought to be in huge and powerful gravity wells (ie. Black Hole)

the tek tree for this would result in the already doomed planet being destroyed that is how i plan to end the game
click below for a better definition and a image to represent it

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211_fall2002.w...definition.html
-famous last words

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »
ie black holes how is your ship going to survive when your compressed down to energy. yes that is a well thought out way to survive.

and i just noticed that you said some thing abut a second ship leaving earth this has been thought of before and it pretty much gets shot down by the fact that all reseources were piled into making the first one so there wouldnt be any way to make a second one.

I dont remember who suggested it a while back but the best way to have a split off story is to have people in deep deep underground statis chambers wake up in like 1000 years or so this is possible based on the fact that the op2 ship had these as well and they very well could have been built as a back up plan or a contengency.

Offline Spikerocks101

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
I had a similar idea about having survives on earth, but the idea could leave to many factions. I.E. more people on earth would survive then on new terra, so we could be getting seval major faction, and also, would they all leave earth to goto new terra?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
i doubt they would beable to leave earth because of all the resources that were taken up by the ship.  if any thing they might make it to mars or venus. but other then that they would be stuck on earth having to deal with the aftermath of the impact.  i would say that like 90% of the populace would have died as there wouldnt have been enough room for every one.

The Other Colony---eve
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
the Hope (Name of star ship) was once was the international space station
it was redesigned to launch half way to alpha centari B (fyi there are 3 alpha centaris one is a red dwarf two are sun sized I think) as a back up plan, but some thine went wrong. a spontaneous gravity well catapulted the further and faster then expected to an previously uncharted system. seeing as there resources where low the decided to make a temporary colony here and move on. that was until they learn of Eden and Plymouth they decided  before making contact they sat and watched, then when they saw what was happening they got scared, reactivated their weapons database and prepared for the worst. only problem was, they had no clue where it was going to come from...

this is the intro. hope it helps with some questions you all have
i have also edited it in my first post to include this.  
-famous last words