Author Topic: Is It Possable?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline DarekStar

Is It Possable?
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »
Is it possable to make a lua code for outpost 2 like has been done with other games like steam and the older nes consoles there is even one for command and conquer

so my question is it possable? if it is it would allow all sorts of modding like new units without crashing new gui's and more (i know what lua can do if its possable)

if it is ill personaly spearhead the path to lua op2 conenction!..

....so is it?
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Is It Possable?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »
I would think so, but who wants to take the time to do all that coding?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Is It Possable?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 02:19:40 PM »
I had never heard of "lua" before, so i looked it up: seems it is virtually identical to what can be called "BASIC".

Anyway: i still have to finish it, but there's a scripting language i made for Outpost2. I don't know if it's still hosted somewhere else, since i don't host it myself at the moment, due to the server shutdown 2 weeks ago, but i'll look it up again when i get back home and see if i can update it a bit.

search for the terms: Outpost Scripter
you'll find some threads in the coding section
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Sirbomber

Is It Possable?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 05:00:20 PM »
so my question is it possable? if it is it would allow all sorts of modding like new units without crashing new gui's and more (i know what lua can do if its possable)
SupCom uses lua for mods, but lua only works because those games are setup to use lua scripts in mods, or (in the case of old NES games) those games are so easily hacked that it's trivial to add that support.  You can't just magically snap your fingers and make it work.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline DarekStar

Is It Possable?
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
Thank you sirbomber you gave me the strait answer i was looking for.
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him