Author Topic: Source Files  (Read 34967 times)

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 03:23:56 AM »
Just a quick question..As to the old Outpost 2, you was able to build a space station and rockets and such, will there be otter space colonization? say like for bigger maps you have many star systems and planets to visit and build on. This could expand the universe for this game and or perhaps make this in to a MMO? lol. I think it would be fun..lol making diplomacy and or galactic war with other empires across the galaxy judging the terrans did come from earth.

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 03:48:23 AM »
Okay, I dont know but I am running Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

Pentium® 4 CPU 1.80GHz, 768 MB of RAM.

I download the 0.3 beta souce files you have there and extracted the files from its zip in to its own folder. (Did not place files into Outpost 2 main folder) So, I double click Outpost 3D exe and I get this..

Microsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

Details Log-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Outpost3D.Form1.InitializeGame()
   at Outpost3D.Form1..ctor()
   at Outpost3D.frmLauncher.cmdPlay_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Outpost 3D Beta
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Vide/My%20Documents/Downloads/Outpost%203D%20Main%20Menu%20Demo/Outpost%203D%20Beta.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Game
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Vide/My%20Documents/Downloads/Outpost%203D%20Main%20Menu%20Demo/Game.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
----------------------------------------------------

Now is this built for only Vista or should this work on both OS, windows and vista. I just downloaded and installed Framework 3.5 but yet still get this same continueing error.

Offline Celledor

• http://www.veus.se
Source Files
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »
Just a quick question..As to the old Outpost 2, you was able to build a space station and rockets and such, will there be otter space colonization? say like for bigger maps you have many star systems and planets to visit and build on. This could expand the universe for this game and or perhaps make this in to a MMO? lol. I think it would be fun..lol making diplomacy and or galactic war with other empires across the galaxy judging the terrans did come from earth.
No only in the way Outpost 2 has it by sending things from the space port. But I have some ideas to create a kind of extra gameplay where you can build colonies on the entire surface fo the planet and send resources, tanks etc. between and such but that is just ideas and it will be long before I start coding anything like it. But yes that would be coool.

(Did not place files into Outpost 2 main folder)
No need to, OP3d has its own code... try run the dependency walker on the exe to see if you are missing any dlls.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Now is this built for only Vista or should this work on both OS, windows and vista. I just downloaded and installed Framework 3.5 but yet still get this same continueing error.
It should work on both Vista and XP, will try to see if I could find the bug but I will be too busy next week I'm afraid.

Offline Kayedon

Source Files
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »
Looking at your error report it seems either you messed up the download somehow, or you're missing some .dll's.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Hidiot

Source Files
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »
I get the same error type (maybe not the same HRESULT address, though). And I'm pretty sure it's not an OS compatibility thing.

Of course, with differing HRESULT addresses, it might be anything. I don't know enough to figure it out.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »
As much as I respect that you are trying to help but ... How in the world could of had I download the file wrong? "Click..download extract". Nope, no wrong there. lol..

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »
so what happend? got quite silend here ^^

Offline Kayedon

Source Files
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 09:17:46 PM »
When it goes silent it usually means don't dig up the topic unless you're somehow related to it...
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009, 01:52:01 AM »
I'm still here...

Vide: did you run the dependency walker?

Offline vennom

Source Files
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 02:11:20 AM »
same error as vide here... i checked the dlls, and everything but still getting an error (I tested on windows vista and windows 7, both the same error)

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2009, 02:04:17 AM »
It might be a problem with the .Net framework... Outpost 3D uses .Net 3.5 make sure you have that installed.

Think this should be it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en but read the instructions.

Offline Kayedon

Source Files
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2009, 04:11:55 AM »
Just a note, Celledor:

When you finish it up, it IS possible to "package" a small .NET component that will install itself only to run the program. Which is a LOT smaller than having to install the entire framework. At least I remember reading that, Google around and correct me if I'm wrong.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »
New version that includes the start of the ingame menu (it only got limted content right now) just try start a tutorial, colony game or mission to get to it.

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
Very nice. It looks great. I do have a question thou, do you think you can make it able to run on smaller monitors, like, say, 800 x 480?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Source Files
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »
I'm sure it looks great, though truth be told I'm waiting until there's something more than a menu demo before I download anything.  Keep it up though!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »
Very nice. It looks great. I do have a question thou, do you think you can make it able to run on smaller monitors, like, say, 800 x 480?

It should be able to run at any resolution at least in windowed mode, but there will be (is) a minimum size though.

I'm sure it looks great, though truth be told I'm waiting until there's something more than a menu demo before I download anything. Keep it up though!

I don't blame you right not its not much to test anyway... but these are things that must work before the rest. But I don't think there is that much more functions to add. So I should just need to add the rest of the menus and then start on the fun stuff.

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 05:11:35 AM »
Woohoo, it works  finally... The menu looks nice.. and the background.. now I cannot wait for the in game part.. lol, I dont think I would get over it.

Thoughs having trouble running the Outpost2 3D and had not installed Net Framework 3.5, I suggest do so, because since I have installed that, the outpost2 3d work just fine for me after that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:23:18 AM by Vide »

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2009, 05:14:27 AM »
Um, not sure but you might have added this and I just cannot see it anywhere but how about the version number added to the game menu somewhere. This way all of us would know if there is a newer version came out yet or not.

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2009, 05:49:04 AM »
Great!..

Sure will add a version number on the launcher or the main menu.

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 01:56:01 PM »
How goes the creation of Outpost 2 3d? Its been a good while since I had .31, anything new? lol

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2009, 06:17:16 AM »
Unfortanly I have electrical hardware problems with my computer and until that is fixed (hopefully in  3-5 days) development is halted. THe harddrives with all code and stuff is fine so don't worry about that... How I will survive without a computer that long I don't know.

The last thing I was working on was the landscape handler and it was up and running.

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
New version is up, it includes the ingame camera and basic landscape.

Start any of the tutorials, use asdw to move, hold shift to rotate camera...

If you like feel like it free to mess around with the files to change the map:
- Tutorial01.map (map info file)
- Tutorial01.jpg (map heightmap)
- Tutorial01Splatt1.png (map texture map)

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »
works like butter for me 36~ fps at the menue 20-30 fps at mission looks just damn fine ^^

will there be an angle or zoom?

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2009, 05:51:43 PM »
*bows* all hail the mighty height map *bows again*

Edit: As far as frams go, I was getting 750fps~
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:53:06 PM by Spikerocks101 »
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2009, 01:37:51 AM »
works like butter for me 36~ fps at the menue 20-30 fps at mission looks just damn fine ^^

will there be an angle or zoom?
20-30 fps sounds a bit to low for me to be that happy as other things will be added to. But I guess that depends on what computer you use as long as there is no lag and everything works.

I removed this (angle and zoom) as it caused problems with the player looking beyond the map itself but I think I will add it back in as I got an idea on how to re use the same map in a paging system. The terrain beyond the acctual map dosn't need to be uniqe just look like its there.

*bows* all hail the mighty height map *bows again*

Edit: As far as frams go, I was getting 750fps~
Thats more like it, but it would be nice if both of you hade like 100fps... yeah the heightmap system is really nice and very simple to implement using truevision 3d.

The map in the demo is not made for a real game map as it is to much small hills and stuff and not enough build area. But I want to be able to have big height diffrences in the terrain.