Author Topic: Book Club  (Read 7203 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Book Club
« on: April 19, 2008, 08:27:29 PM »
So..., Outpost 2 Novellas book club anyone? :P

I know some people here really liked the stories. Not too sure how many people have actually read them all through though.

At the very least, people could pick out what they find to be relevant details of the novellas and form a list of possible canon. People who try writing thier own stories might find some of that useful.

Btw, how many people aren't even really sure how to get access to the novellas?

As for starting, I'll just mention that I liked this little detail:
"He stepped from his shelter, and actually felt the wind tugging at him.  At this pressure, that meant the wind had to be moving at 120 kilometers per hour or better." (Eden, Ch. 9: Investigation)

It kind of goes well with:
"He was considering what she said, which is why he happened to be looking out the window as the fireball erupted.  The sound came a fraction of a second later, mostly as a rumble in the floor, the air too thin to conduct much noise." (Eden, Ch. 1: Conspiracy)

Offline Sirbomber

Book Club
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
Are we talking about the OP2 novellas or fan stuff?

On a pretty much unrelated note, I like these lines from the novella: http://www.forum.outpostuniverse.net/index...?showtopic=4076
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:30:19 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Book Club
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:39:10 AM »
I mean the official novella stuff, not the fan stuff. I want stuff that people generally consider as conon. If it's not from the original author, then people probably won't accept it as such.

Offline Sirbomber

Book Club
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 06:59:08 AM »
Should we count the "Tales From New Terra" in the help file?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Book Club
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 11:02:21 AM »
Heh, sure. I'd forgotten about those.  

Offline Leviathan

Book Club
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »
Last time i read the op2 story was when i played the single player campaigns..

they rock

Offline Sirbomber

Book Club
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »
I really prefer the Eden story to the Plymouth one. Axen owns and the characters grow more/are more dynamic in the Eden story.

Offline Empedocles

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Book Club
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »
I know that the install comes with some sort of Novella, and the Unit Reference in the Help file comes with some little tales. Are the ones in the campaign different than the ones in the Novella files?

Offline Sirbomber

Book Club
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
Only if there are typos.