Author Topic: Idea's I Have  (Read 8869 times)

Offline DarekStar

Idea's I Have
« on: November 25, 2007, 05:32:26 AM »
I had an idea for most of the units and buildings

Scout: needs more use than scanning buildings. maybe a addon that will let it be a moble vehical command unit or maybe a fire controle platform

Meaning the scout when in range can controle the corosponding vehicals and make em crodinate there attacks to where they dont block echother and what not.

The thor has a low attack range so what i was thinking was a linx(cant spell it arg)
with a dart like attachment that after shot will have an -(negative) or +(posative) charge(and a big1 at that)
this will be better for long range but will have less charge once the lighting reaches the targe but the bult will be more consintrated this wont increase the range to shoot across the map butwill add a 3-4 aditional lingth but the unit wilding the dart gun will be vulnerable cuz no armor(needed like this so it dont have a charge so the lightning ignores it)

More to come keep an eye here.
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Sirbomber

Idea's I Have
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 08:49:34 AM »
Thor's Hammer has a long range, and Scouts are meant to gather information on your enemies, not fight them.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Idea's I Have
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »
Scouts are meant to gather information on your enemies, not fight them.
Right. We don't need a vech that attack and scan enemy buildings and other vechs.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline DarekStar

Idea's I Have
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:07:09 AM »
Let me refrase the scout it dont fight it co-ordinate's the units maybe evaluate there performance and can base new tactics off the information to be auto used.
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Marukasu

Idea's I Have
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:24:10 PM »
Let me refrase the scout it dont fight it co-ordinate's the units maybe evaluate there performance and can base new tactics off the information to be auto used.

Sounds like a good way to make scouts a vital unit.

Offline DarekStar

Idea's I Have
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »
Slow Teraformation

Eden had the right idea but the rong method,
they whanted results Fast. They developed the blight cauz of this.

A simple way and 1 that will one day soon be used on mars is semply
a very basic APP(atmospheric prossessing plant) whitch all it dose it produce the gasses needed to make a stable atmospher.

this is a long term sussess thing as it will insted of one lifetime will take many.

Advantages.
this will bost maral caus they know there children's children may have a normal atmospher.

Dissadvantages do i need to say it....

people may still be fear full increased storms and what not but as the atmosphere stablizes they shouldnt be to much of a prob and unlike newterra whitch has super storms these will be more mild.

also this is a multi stage proccess

2nd stage will need the bringing of water to the planet surface.
3rd stage will be planting of plants.

don't be to harsh think about this for a little befor getting all mad.

Edit:fixed basic Grammar mistakes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:34:48 AM by DarekStar »
-Darek

so bare with him

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Idea's I Have
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 11:11:46 AM »
Uh is this a new idea?

Offline DarekStar

Idea's I Have
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 01:45:36 PM »
It has existed for For a while we just never had the resources to make it real.

and an App is being reserched mainly will just make massive amount of greenhouse gasses to thickin an atmospher.
-Darek

so bare with him

Offline Sirbomber

Idea's I Have
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 04:44:19 PM »
Uh is this a new idea?
No, Freeza is saying this has been suggested already, not that scientists are playing around with these kinds of ideas...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline DarekStar

Idea's I Have
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 05:51:28 PM »
APP yes i sugested it.(was gunned down)

and i dont remember a slow teraformation basicly all youd need is crank everything into overdrive.
-Darek

so bare with him

Offline Sirbomber

Idea's I Have
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »
APP yes i sugested it.(was gunned down)
Then why are you suggesting it again?!?!

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Idea's I Have
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »
No I am wondering why the Idea is Tacked on to the end of this one.

Offline DarekStar

Idea's I Have
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 11:12:50 PM »
in not sugesting it again it was gunned down(im  the one who thought of it as infesable and it was my idea) im just using it as an example calm down.

truth be anything that makes a greenhousegass can teraform.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:17:12 PM by DarekStar »
-Darek

so bare with him

Offline Marukasu

Idea's I Have
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 01:42:18 PM »
This is a forum about op3, which if im not mistaken has been described as having a Venus like atmosphere so no greenhouse gases wouldn't be a good idea. If anything you would need to make a microbe that converted unusable gas into usable gas, but there would be 1001 thing wrong with this(MUTATION!).

What ever happened to that idea? It sound decent to me.
Scouts should be a very important part of both attack forces and colonizing new areas.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 01:43:55 PM by Marukasu »

Offline Combine Crusier

Idea's I Have
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »
Hey hippo boy you're stealing omagaalpha's idea!

http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.ph...91&hl=terraform
Fire at will!

Offline Sirbomber

Idea's I Have
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:08 AM »
Hey hippo boy you're stealing omagaalpha's idea!
Yeah, and he stole it from 68526 other people. It doesn't really matter since it's a bad idea. This kind of terraforming would take far too long to have any notable impact on gameplay, and anything faster or more extreme... Well, we know how that turned out.

Offline Norsehound

Idea's I Have
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »
In another thread I proposed upgrading ESGs to lay minefields...

...and scouts to be able to detect these minefields.

How about giving the scout better sensor abilities? like reading the status lights of buildings in it's sight range? Or looking at the mining beacon quality over established ore mines?

:op2:
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline Skydock Command

Idea's I Have
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 08:33:28 AM »
Upgrading the scouts ability like that would be a greeat idea. Detecting status of buildings would greatly improve strategies, such as only attacking buildings that arn't disabled or inactive. It saves time while attacking your enemies.

Attack quardination would also be a good idea. I hate it how when I have a large amount of lynx attacking a base they all bump into eachother and try to get alternate routes or push the frontlines out of the way to get through.  
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Norsehound

Idea's I Have
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »
The way the scout plays in OP2 now... the only use I have for it is sticking it by enemy spawn points on the corners of the map to tell me when the enemy is coming. Some also use it as a makeshift kamikazie vehicle, but I'm not nearly that coordinated at the game speeds I play (6-8).

Since presumably the scout is a remote sensor package, it needs abilities to fulfill this role. Remote sensing (reading status lights) is a natural addition to the scout's function, since one can say the remote operators are looking through the camera eyes to see what buildings have their interior lights on, etc.

Detecting mine fields can also happen as one can assume scouts are equipped with Electro-magnetic sensors that detect shifts in the planet's electromagnetic field. A field of small, metallic objects that have faint power emitting from them are likely to show up on such a sensor.

Another idea to propose (Probably for the Robo-Surveyor?) is locating fault lines. Instead of making quakes random, why not have areas called 'fault lines' where they happen more frequently? A robo surveyor or scout parked there would give early warnings of quakes.

There are a lot of ideas abound for combat units, but no so much for the civilian vehicles. Since the Scout can be a civilian vehicle, why not also think up non-combat options for players who play peacefully?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Idea's I Have
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »
Detecting mine fields can also happen as one can assume scouts are equipped with Electro-magnetic sensors that detect shifts in the planet's electromagnetic field. A field of small, metallic objects that have faint power emitting from them are likely to show up on such a sensor.

Being able to see the ESG mines would be a nice touch.

Civilians would take rides in the cabs of convecs and other units.  plus they have little scooters they romp around on in the tubes.

Offline Norsehound

Idea's I Have
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »
Well... I mean proposals for units like the ConVec, Cargo Truck, Earthworker... all the other units that have no military application.

In future, if Outpost 3 is 3D, how about giving the Earthworker the ability to raise the height of terrain? That way, Lava flows could be deflected from the colony by making hills. Deforestation, trench-digging, and stone-clearing (breaking up the impassible rocks) would also be applications for the Earthworker to make it a more versatile unit.

things like that.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Idea's I Have
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 12:20:32 AM »
I see that makes sence to me.  you could even have it so that certain buildings need to be build on level terrain like Adv labs and Vec facs. So you have to use a bull dozers to make the terrain flat.  

Earthworkers i dont know about making the terrain higher but they do make walls from the dirt then blast them with a fusion beam of sorts. so I dont know.

some of these vecs they are specalized for what they do.

Offline Norsehound

Idea's I Have
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »
Perhaps not limited to areas, but gain benefits from being higher or lower. Observatories for instance might be able to get better targeting bonuses for Meteor Defenses. Geothermal plants might work better at lower elevations, etc. Gives new thought to colony placement.

Giving the Cargo Truck the ability to salvage vehicle hulks for repair or reverse engineering would be a nice touch. Perhaps the Repair Vehicle can do this also, since it has the two arms.

Giving Spiders and Scorpions the ability to move over impassible terrain would also be a nice thing for them. Maybe even give them the ability to crawl over buildings? That way there aren't any 'traffic jams' when a spider needs to get somewhere important.

Robo-Surveyors could be given seismic sensors that are placed to detect earthquakes and large movements (10+) of vehicles?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Idea's I Have
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 06:12:19 AM »
Scouts could be given there Burst of speed like they had in the novella.  to get in and out of a colony.

Spiders and Scorp shouldnt beable to crawl over buildings because there rather tall and sheer for the most part.  A vehicle tho i could see them jumping on a vec.

the cargo truck would have to be the salvager as the arms of the repair vec are really on made for fabrications and there isnt any cargo room.

Offline Moley

Idea's I Have
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »
Spiders and Scorp shouldnt beable to crawl over buildings because there rather tall and sheer for the most part.  A vehicle tho i could see them jumping on a vec.

in the tales form new tera the spider climbes on the wall of an argidome to repair it.
EDIT:thats how the quote button works..... :heh:  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 04:51:35 PM by Moley »
I HATE SPELLING!!!!!!
if i spell something or screw up grammer,
ignore it or tell me if you dont understand what i typed.