Author Topic: Nanotechnology Facility  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Nanotechnology Facility
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:58:56 AM »
THis was previously shot down because saomeone tried to uber it so I must post this again and say.... NO UBERIZATION!!!

The Nanotechnology Facility was originally in OP V1.5 and created infinite resources, while I like the idea of the facility the thing it does seems a little UBER.

My suggestion is to make it so when this structure is active... Nanotechnology Facility can research more advanced technologies,  +10% production rate at all factories at the expense of some ore, and +5% ore refining ration at all smelters and GORFs.

Also it might be possible to make it so after researching the correct technology at the Nanotechnology Facility structures will VERY SLOWLY repair themselves, excpet for structures that degreade ie Tokomaks.
Fire at will!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Nanotechnology Facility
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:41:43 AM »
just a quick suggestion to make it so you aren't as likey to just get shot down here:

add in build time to the structures themselves.  Any new structures that would impliment the use of nanites would need to be designed to work with them, thus needing a little more build time for the equipment to handle them.  Also, I doubt the liklyhood of nanites being able to do any repairs (this is based off of Michael Chrichton's Prey, which is very closly based upon scientific fact (he always researches what he impliments in his books))
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names