Author Topic: Cheats To This Game?  (Read 3810 times)

Offline gkgk11

Cheats To This Game?
« on: March 10, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »
Are there any cheats to this game? I just downloaded it off your site.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
There were in the original version, but we disabled them because they completely ruined multiplayer (almost killed off the OP2 community several years back).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:40:13 PM by Arklon »

Offline Quantum

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:02:05 AM »
how could you disable stuff in OP2

Who are the creators  

you :lol:  
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
Just a debugger, a hex editor and some ASM/Game knowledge (basic or advanced, depends on what you're trying to do).

With just that you can make almost anything inside a program, if you have time  :heh:  

Offline Quantum

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »
interesting

I should do that

This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:57:33 AM »
What? Do you want to re-enable cheats in OP2?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:23:38 PM »
If you try to use the cheats in a hacked version of op2 when the other person is not using a hacked version for cheats i believe it will crash.  Beside if you are sucessful in cheating youll never find another game as long as your here no one will trust you.

Offline Quantum

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »
Of course I was not talking about op2...

just another game I had in mind

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »
Even in other game it still remains to be truth all players need the same hacked copy or youll see desycned game or fatal errors.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
And, for most games, it is illegal

Offline 7842303

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 06:54:12 PM »
would it be possable to make it so cheats only work on colony not campain or multi player?
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »
Anything is possible, but no, that's not an easy fix.

Offline White Claw

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 06:58:05 PM »
Hooman is the resident expert on that stuff, but I'd say the easiest fix is to simply have two copies installed. One with cheats and the other without.

(Edit: Looks like Hooman beat me here.  :o )
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:58:29 PM by White Claw »

Offline Leviathan

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »
Just use a EXE which has cheats enabled for single player and use the latest EXE when playing multiplayer.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »
I sometimes use the CD version and use the faster fire cheat to it's aximum to see a microwave lynx take out a thor tiger
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline zeritou

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »
so since its been hacked to be disabled in multiplayer, how come everyone is still so tightlipped?
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline saiyanyoshi

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 02:35:21 PM »
:op2: Can anyone give me some info as in how to put cheats on OP2?
I've got two HEX editors. PSPad and another thingie.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 07:43:33 PM »
so since its been hacked to be disabled in multiplayer, how come everyone is still so tightlipped?
Because we can thank cheats for destroying the WON community as we know it. Ask anyone who played on WON for any large amount of time.

And talking about cheating just encourages other forms of cheating (breaking BM / AM and other stuff like that).

Can anyone give me some info as in how to put cheats on OP2?

Not really, since we don't really condone such sort of activity -- you're welcome to use memory scanners or whatever but not that many people are going to assist you with that.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:44:50 PM by BlackBox »

Offline Sirbomber

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 09:11:04 PM »
Cheat all you want if you figure out how. Outpost 2's coding is so bad that it turns out to be the ultimate defense against cheating, so you'd need to be like Blackbox and Hacker and reverse-engineer the game to do anything worthwhile.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 12:23:40 AM »
... of course the substantial details we've posted in the programming forum could quite easily be used for single player cheating with a memory scanner/editor. It's up to you to make sense of it though.

Also note that such editing will cause desynchs and possibly crashes in multiplayer. Basically you can edit your own memory on your computer, but you're powerless to edit the memory on anyone else's computer.

Offline zeritou

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 01:32:06 AM »
QUOTE (zeritou @ Oct 24 2007, 07:11 PM)

Because we can thank cheats for destroying the WON community as we know it. Ask anyone who played on WON for any large amount of time.

And talking about cheating just encourages other forms of cheating (breaking BM / AM and other stuff like that).

i played on won, in case you dont remember

but cheats wont break this community if theyve been disabled, personally, i want to know how many different objects dan has, and theyre functions

there is little to no possibility that opening this knowledge will affect the current multiplayer aspect of op2
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 01:32:49 AM by zeritou »
how to insult a klingon:

qatlh Quch Hab ghaj no'ra'
vaj HabHa''a' je 'uSDu'lIj joj

wich translates roughly to:

how come you guys never had those for head bumps in the first staktrek series and do you guys have bumps like that on your genitals too?

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 03:53:01 PM »
QUOTE (zeritou @ Oct 24 2007, 07:11 PM)

i played on won, in case you dont remember

but cheats wont break this community if theyve been disabled, personally, i want to know how many different objects dan has, and theyre functions

there is little to no possibility that opening this knowledge will affect the current multiplayer aspect of op2
It would be easy enough to undo the simple edits done (things like bit changes as far as I know) and redistribute the game as a 'custom map hack' or something along those lines.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 06:02:42 PM »
Pssst. All the info is actually already posted to the forums. You just have to know where to go looking for it. (It may be buried in an attachment).

There were 4 Dan cheats. They were for ore, people, weapon fire rate, and weapon damage.

Offline Sirbomber

Cheats To This Game?
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »
It would be easy enough to undo the simple edits done (things like bit changes as far as I know) and redistribute the game as a 'custom map hack' or something along those lines.
Like we don't know a thing or two about that, Mcshay. ;)

I see nothing wrong with cheating to get past those pointless ore mining missions, but other than that, don't bother.  Too much effort for too little reward.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials