Author Topic: My Ut Dedicated Server  (Read 3272 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
My Ut Dedicated Server
« on: February 27, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »
Take a look at my Unreal Tournament thread if you dont already have the game.

Once youve got the game, press Escape to exit the opening movie and click Multiplayer and then Find Internet Game.

Right click in the server menu and hit "Open Location" and paste my dedicated server ip: 192.168.0.10

Have fun on my server! Be sure to send me suggestions for maps, mods, weapons and other ideas.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:32:02 AM by dm-horus »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:51:55 PM »
paste my dedicated server ip: 192.168.0.10
192.168.0.10 is a private IP.

Assuming you are hosting from behind a router, you need to forward the port that the server uses to that IP, and then hand out your external IP (which I might add, will probably change unless you're using a 'business class' connection, dedicated link to the internet (i.e. fiber), or have been specifically given a static IP).

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »
paste my dedicated server ip: 192.168.0.10
192.168.0.10 is a private IP.

Assuming you are hosting from behind a router, you need to forward the port that the server uses to that IP, and then hand out your external IP (which I might add, will probably change unless you're using a 'business class' connection, dedicated link to the internet (i.e. fiber), or have been specifically given a static IP).
Unless of course he wants us all to log onto his private network (at his  place/work/whereever it is) and play on that !
The again, we'd still need a global IP (in contrast to a LOCAL IP) :)
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:02:36 AM »
doesnt matter anyway it doesnt show up on game lists. neeeehhh.... i forgot how old this game is. i have to mess with the dedicated server ini

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 02:31:41 AM »
I've got an idea...
You all have seen at least one of game-made videos (they play something up on the game, and record it and than make an movie from it.)

I wondered... Why don't we make one?
3-2 people record the game (with fraps or.... i don't know) than everybody sends their recording to someone who will asseble it to a movie.

Is this a good idea? Just wonderin'...

EDIT:
Yeaaaah, a UT op2 movie. "Resistance is futile, drop your enforcer and lay down on your knees... if you still got em"
Heh

Edit: is the server working all the time? If it works, i'l be there....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:34:08 AM by Savant 231-A »
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »
yeah uh, no. i pasted my local ip that i was using for testing. running a dedicated server and then playing on that dedicated server in another game instance on the same machine isnt advisable. it works but you get weird side effects. anyway. yeah i havent decided if i should run a UT server or UT2K4 server. im leaning toward the former. it is currently offline. ive been testing stuff out getting together a good mix of mutators to keep people entertained 24/7. once im satisfied i'll keep it running all the time. UT2K4 has more interesting stuff but you would have to own it or get warez which I dont *advise* but do not entirely refuse to endorse. lol let me know if you have suggestions.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »
yeah uh, no. i pasted my local ip that i was using for testing. running a dedicated server and then playing on that dedicated server in another game instance on the same machine isnt advisable. it works but you get weird side effects. anyway. yeah i havent decided if i should run a UT server or UT2K4 server. im leaning toward the former. it is currently offline. ive been testing stuff out getting together a good mix of mutators to keep people entertained 24/7. once im satisfied i'll keep it running all the time. UT2K4 has more interesting stuff but you would have to own it or get warez which I dont *advise* but do not entirely refuse to endorse. lol let me know if you have suggestions.
for what? "side affects" for recording... lol please explain

and, please... i know UT2K4 is a good game, but as from i heard, it takes a lot of precious bandwith
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Leviathan

My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:03:11 PM »
hehe. lol.

good luck.

where are u hosting the server?

Offline Brazilian Fan

My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »
Can I play with 128kb bandwidth?

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
My Ut Dedicated Server
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »
UT2K4 takes about the same bandwidth. But the files you have to download before a match starts are about 20% larger than original UT. If you turn down your GFX and are patient you wont notice a difference.

When joining a dedicated server on the same machine it actually causes a number of side effects. Some mutators wont work, game may crash intermittently depending on modifications, the game will lag severely and you may not appear correctly in the arena. Just playing on another computer solves this.

I dont know what you mean by recording. If you want to make machinima in UT you can certainly do that but Im not interested at all.

Im hosting the server on my machine. Im testing it on this one, then moving it to my array server.

I dont know why couldnt play on 128kb. Thats not bad bandwidth.

I have pretty much every mod and conversion available so PLEASE let me know what youd like to see. Depending upon the version of UT (original or 2K4) I would be happy to setup whatever you like. UT2K4 has Chaos2, Air Buccaneers and alot of Counter-Strike like mods. Im also open to running an actual Counter-Strike Source server but I dont thnk many at OPU have this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:15:21 PM by dm-horus »