Author Topic: Smarties Are A Load Of Crap!  (Read 5131 times)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Smarties Are A Load Of Crap!
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »
So, I decided to get a box of smarties:

Looks tasty doesnt it? All those bright colors and that kid looks like he really enjoys them.
Now mind you, I have had smarties on numerous occasions. I know what they look like, the boring light colored things.
I figured that this box might have "better" or "special" ones with bright colors (especially blue, since I never saw a blue one before).

I opened the box.

Nothing special about those ones.. they look like standard smarties.
Also, there aren't very many in the box. I figured because the box was big I would get loads and loads of smarties not a stupid little bag with a few rolls of them.

That's the first way Summit Foods / Ce De Candy company ripped me off -- by barely even filling up the box.

I took out a roll of smarties.

There aren't any blue ones!!! There's really _nothing_ good about this boxed variety... theyre the same bland light colored candies.

Thats the second way I was ripped off.

I opened the roll and ate some. I noticed they were much, much chalkier than usual and they were making a mess on my table.

I then had a thought. They come in different colors, I wonder what each color corresponds to in terms of flavors?

I tried a purple one and thought of the flavor. Then I put a red one in my mouth and thought of the flavor. Then I ate a yellow one. And I came to the conclusion:

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME FLAVOR. WE HAVE BEEN TRICKED.

The colors are just there to make you THINK you are eating different ones. In fact, they all taste identical.

I'm never gonna buy a box of smarties again. A waste of 96 cents.

-- op2hacker

Offline Luweeg64

• http://gcuco.netfirms.com
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:01:47 PM »
I've noticed that movie theaters have been selling rip-off boxes of candy like this recently. Well, being the consummate consumer that I am, I buy my candy elsewhere( like at the dollar store in the same complex my local movie theater is located at, for about 3 dollars cheaper), and smuggle it in my pants. "Is that a pack of Rollos in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" :heh:  

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:21:58 AM »
lol lol

smartiles are something different but similar here in the UK.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
Movie theaters are a rip off in all ways (including the cost of the movies themselves let alone the food costs)..

Other places which are ripoffs include convention centers and amusement parks. Most places sell a bottle of coke for 1 dollar out of the vending machines. At major theme parks (ie. SixFlags) the same bottle of coke costs 4 dollars.

Speaking of soda pop, the other thing which irritates me to no end is the amount of ice they put in the drink. Recently I stayed at a hotel who gave complementary soft drink coupons as part of staying there. Well, I went to the bar to redeem the coupon and I get a coke with more ice in it than there was coke.

Many restaurants tend to do that too...

Offline Mez

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »
Movie theaters are a rip off in all ways (including the cost of the movies themselves let alone the food costs)..

Other places which are ripoffs include convention centers and amusement parks. Most places sell a bottle of coke for 1 dollar out of the vending machines. At major theme parks (ie. SixFlags) the same bottle of coke costs 4 dollars.

Speaking of soda pop, the other thing which irritates me to no end is the amount of ice they put in the drink. Recently I stayed at a hotel who gave complementary soft drink coupons as part of staying there. Well, I went to the bar to redeem the coupon and I get a coke with more ice in it than there was coke.

Many restaurants tend to do that too...
Why don't you ask for a coke with no ice?

Thats what I do and they always, give me the coke with no ice!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
Yeah, those are Rockets. Smarties are different. You really got ripped off. :P

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 02:03:30 AM »
i used to work for a movie theater. the popcorn butter isnt butter. it isnt even oil. it comes in a brick that is orange. it is recycled. when its not used up, its poured into a huge plastic tub. when it sits for a while it turns green and purple but when you remelt it, it turns orange again. it is acceptable to use popcorn butter that is more than 4 years old because its completely artificial and never becomes unedible. i remember scooping black, green and purple colored slime into the butter pumps.

the nacho cheese is the same consistency at all times and it comes in bricks. it often gets mold on top of it at which point it is just scraped off and put in the pumps. employees pack nacho trays with their bare hands.

soda comes in jugs of syrup. the syrup is pumped thru tubes from a little room and mixed with water and are given fizz (thats what the "pfft" sound is you hear coming from backrooms in places). it costs $4 per jug of syrup. jugs can come in different sizes and have a label which shows a chart of how many sodas can be made from it depending on cup size. the ones we used could make 25,000 16 ounce cups. at $7 a piece you can see the profit.

movie theaters are just garbage dumps with extra lighting. the only perk was watching movies before they were in theaters but that gets old fast since movies suck. theater managers are usually the ones selling movie memorabillia (posters, cardboard standups) on ebay.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:17:49 PM »
Use smarties for smarter things:
Put them in water, add some soda (not cola), sugar and a bit of lemon acid and drink it. SLURP!
Tasty!
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:57 PM »
Yeah those are rockets. Smarties could never be that horrible. They're made of chocolate, ya hear, CHOCOLATE, SWEET SWEET, PRECIOUS CHOC_O_LATE!!!
I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »
op2hacker ... you are a sad, sad person
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
Speak for yourself, chocolate is gross.

Offline Chandler

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 08:08:47 PM »
Yeah - smarties here (manufactured by Cadbury Schweppes) are candy-covered chocolate tabs (about the same size as your smarties)

And they are sweet sweet sweet... I just have to have one right now..... mmmm..... smartilicious....
Chandler

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 01:02:30 AM »
"Is that a pack of Rollos in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" :heh:
LOL!!

Nice  :lol:  :lol:

my teachers in my youngER years gave those out as 'rewards' in class :P
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 04:00:34 AM »
soda comes in jugs of syrup. the syrup is pumped thru tubes from a little room and mixed with water and are given fizz (thats what the "pfft" sound is you hear coming from backrooms in places). it costs $4 per jug of syrup. jugs can come in different sizes and have a label which shows a chart of how many sodas can be made from it depending on cup size. the ones we used could make 25,000 16 ounce cups. at $7 a piece you can see the profit.

Thats what is called the Box system.  They are usualy boxes that contain a flexable bag with a hook up on them.  They are mainly used to high uses systems because the product can be changed rather fast and takes up the least amount of room.

How ever The other system is called premix it is found in the large canister and doesnt need any water hooked up to it. There heavy and run out fast and have a tendency to leak.  But they are better for a place that doesnt have so much soad sells.

the nacho cheese is the same consistency at all times and it comes in bricks. it often gets mold on top of it at which point it is just scraped off and put in the pumps. employees pack nacho trays with their bare hands.

I know about the cheese they have pretty much the same system in some places i have worked.  Only on a smaller scale.  Mold and such isnt a problem if you actually have employees that do there job lol.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 03:24:02 PM »
yeah in regard to mold we just scooped it off the top and put it back in the collection bin. gross.

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 10:47:40 PM »
Buy some bottled diet coke, then drop the smarties in, close the cap tight, and have some fun. If the suprise doesn't happen, throw it at something.
Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.