Author Topic: Irc Regular?  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Leviathan

Irc Regular?
« on: January 29, 2006, 06:44:13 PM »
As has been suggested in the other thread, the idea of the regular's geting ops.

If you think you are a #Outpost2 regular and deserve ops please post. Thx.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Irc Regular?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:46:30 PM »
me. If you give me my ops back I promise to be nice and not mess around as I have in the past

Offline thablkpanda

Irc Regular?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm a decent leader. I value people's opinions, and I make it a point to listen to everyone before making decisions, in life, in business.

I want to see representation for people like me.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:36:39 PM by thablkpanda »

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Irc Regular?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 08:21:58 PM »
i would like to be the voice of people who feel they arent being represented, its what i hope to do someday elsewhere. but im not looking for power at opu. i will always be a voice for what i believe is right and i will represent others who come to me on irc or in the forums, but i dont want to be someone in a position that could be seen as grasping for control.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Irc Regular?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 08:26:30 AM »
i have lots of time
would LOVE to be back on the team

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Irc Regular?
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
me me me me me

pick me pick me !
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 12:42:23 PM by Eddy-B »
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Sirbomber

Irc Regular?
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »
Anyone but me, Horus, Mcshay, and Arklon. Arky and myself scare me, and Mcshay and Horus would scare me as ops.

Why?

Me: "I will eat your babies! Buwahahaha!" :evil laugh:
Arky: Is not a "people person."
Mcshay: Is never around when I am looking for him. n00b.  ;)
Horus: I've seen him angry, it's not nice and would only be worse if he was an op.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:10:15 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Irc Regular?
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 02:35:38 PM »
but im not looking for power at opu.
if that is true then ops really isnt a place you want to be in because you will have power and you will have to use it.  Its like having a sword or a gun if you have either you know your going to use them at one point.

Panda or Eddy would be a good way to go.

Moogle I dont think your going to get ops back for a while.

But remember I think if there is a new OP made one of the current ops should have to go because with the number of people there is no there would be to many ops.

Offline thablkpanda

Irc Regular?
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »
Freez, we went over this... The whole point of this is MORE representation.

I personally think Horus would do a damn good job, along with Moogle. Their points of view aren't well covered with our current representation.

Bomber's also a decent person, but I have to agree, whenever I need Shay, he's usually busy or not in the channel at all.

Chris's 2 Cents.

P.S. I appreciate the support.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Irc Regular?
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »
whenever I need Shay, he's usually busy or not in the channel at all.
Yeah, I'm usualy busy doing homework, or something else. But then I wouldn't really want to be an op, it's too much power.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Irc Regular?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 07:47:04 PM »
I may at some point .. but we will see :P. I may be too involved with other things to take on another task. (although, regardless of time, I would love to help out anyway)
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Irc Regular?
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »
theres not much in a name and even less in OPU|. you dont require an addition to your handle to be helpful, so i dont mind staying right where i am now. i dont think anyone would wake up feeling "more" helpful to opu just because theyre an admin.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Irc Regular?
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »
in the very least this thread is letting us know who wants the responsibility and who doesnt. unfortunately it doesnt tell us who would TAKE the responsibility and maintain it.

im not looking to be an op and to be honest, i wouldnt want to be. proving myself to all parties involved is an exercise in the kind of immaturity i want to avoid. i would prefer to be the person who is in the mix, out with the rest of the users and be someone who can represent whatever needs representation. besides, if someone got mad and took away my ops, i doubt i would ever be listened to again.

staying where i am now doesnt give me anything that someone else could take away. some ops might defend an opinion or a person to keep their position while i do it solely for the principle of the issue.

i think my focus on the community and staffing it with competent ops has been well proven. supporting my own position is nothing i seek to attain.

im not really sure who would be a good candidate for ops atm. i will agree that some of the people proposed arent around as much as would be needed. all i can say is that i think levi does his job well and does whatever he can because he has a vision for opu. candidates for admins or ops should have a similar view. differences in the administration of the community result in the issues we are addressing here today; having like minded folks at the top would prevent fissures forming in the leadership.

Offline thablkpanda

Irc Regular?
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 08:52:27 PM »
We're doing this in both threads now?

I nominate myself again because of all the reasons I said in the other one...

Night,
Chris

Offline zigzagjoe

Irc Regular?
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 10:00:22 PM »
if we decide to "hire" another op i would say eddy is my 1st choice and panda a close 2nd. those are the only 2 that i think are regular enough and mature enough to thrive as ops here.(not to insult anyone)

moogle: we have been over this so many times. it is not likely that any time in the near future will you be getting ur ops back, for various reasons.

--merging older topic--
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:01:30 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline thablkpanda

Irc Regular?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
Funny to look at how this really turned out after what everyone said -

Me: Op-less
Moogle: Thriving as an OP
Eddy: Ditto
Stormy: Ditto
Sl0vi: (Who's not even in this thread I don't think) Ditto.

Nice isn't it?

-Chris

Offline Leviathan

Irc Regular?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 02:16:51 PM »
Were now trying out reg's get ops.

I hope it goes well :)

Be sure to read the rules.

Offline zigzagjoe

Irc Regular?
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 11:19:11 PM »
I would take another look there, Panda.

Nnot _one_ op has had the need to do any oper-related thing. How that is thriving I fail to see, and some seem to showing signs of regression.

but oh well. I dont give a s*** anymore; noone seems to have a say in this anymore

as far as my topic picks for ops would've been: Eddy first, TH300 second, and Panda or Baikon third. not saying there isnt more those were just my top picks
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:22:41 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline thablkpanda

Irc Regular?
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 12:19:19 PM »
Indeed - It's all a morale raising project. There is truly no mass need for ops like this, but it's about equal representation. That's what this has always been about, not about how many people we can kick per second.

Besides, as Lev has noted many times now, people have to be stupid to actualy lose their OPs on purpose- this will decrease general disruptiveness.

In theory of course, and how are we doing so far?

Excellent IMO.

-Chris

Offline TRIX Rabbit

• http://androidar.deviantart.com/
Irc Regular?
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 07:43:20 AM »
I know I havent been on lately, Ive been busy with school. But I've been able to get on more recently.

I think I'd be good because I stand in a neutral posision and I usually dont lean to one side in making decisions. I also respect opinions. Thats my 15 cents.

BTW, when it seems like I'm getting goofy, it's because I'm usually trying to detour from an argument occuring or progressing.

not to brag or anything,
    TRIX
I'm more commonly known as AndroidAR now:
My deviantArt

Offline Leviathan

Irc Regular?
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 08:03:46 AM »
You need to be active for a few months to be considered. Sorry.

Offline Leviathan

Irc Regular?
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »
So a while on and do people think regulers geting ops is working or should we try something else or go back or what?

Offline Sl0vi

Irc Regular?
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 04:23:33 PM »
Not seen many problems with it yet. Altho the channel hasn't been very active lately.

I myself have only seen one case of op abuse, which happened pretty much just as the ops were being implemented. Otherwise, everything seems to be pretty much the same.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline gamerscd0

Irc Regular?
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »
i was wondering if we were going to try the reg oping in the new server ( we would probally use hlf oping tho)>??????

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Irc Regular?
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »
to some extent we already are... people who are around regularly and have been helpful in general to the community / channel have half ops.

If you think you should be halfopped, post why you think so here!