Author Topic: User Icon's  (Read 5845 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
User Icon's
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2005, 02:32:14 AM »
Update: Ive formulated a standard format and am producing icons. Ive already got a preliminary set.

Notes: I made the icons 200x200 pixels to allow me to give them maximum detail but all are designed to scale down to 50% and 25% and still retain the ability to recognise what they represent. Ive tested them all and they scale best when I do it before saving to file, so taking the full resolution samples and scaling them down will cause you to lose data and degrade the image more than is needed. Ill upload .rar's of the icons at whatever size is desired but anything less thant 25% and the icons make no sense.

Hopefully these are turning out good.

Offline lordly_dragon

User Icon's
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 06:39:22 PM »
can you put something about : sound designer and sfx designer :D

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline zhukant

User Icon's
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 07:30:46 PM »
I've made several icons myself, but if you are making them professionally in photoshop or something, they are probably worthless anyways. They're on ZZJ's upload thingy if anyone wants to look.
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Leviathan

User Icon's
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 09:55:45 AM »
Thx to Horus for taking up this task :D

Do we realy want lots of badges under our names on every post?

Or maybe just a few and a 'click here to view all' link?

Or maybe just a link like the Member Inventory:: View. A 'Users Badges: View'?

Maybe a option in each users profile to set them to be shown or not? Eg ppl with less bandwidth woudlnt want them to be seen.

Should we have all or some of the badges under your name as 16x16 pics then on the persons profile it can show all their badges as 32x32 pics.

Input thx!

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
User Icon's
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 12:46:09 PM »
How many people read other peoples profiles how often?
I think that the answer to this question is exactly why the icons should be shown on the left side of posts.

All badges at this place would be possible, wouldn't it? if they are 16x16 and one person has 6 of them (what might be the exception already), its gonna be 96 pixels in width - less than the width of most peoples avatars. of course - for people like Leviathan, who have like 20 badges - there can still be a link "view all" that would link to the profile, where all badges should be shown.

An option in everybodys settings whether or not to show them is definitely a good idea.

Offline Leviathan

User Icon's
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 01:13:56 PM »
Yea and it would have a limit on how many it would show per row.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
User Icon's
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 01:23:44 PM »
the "Site Administrator" pic under your avatar is 158 pixels, even. that would allow 10 badges per row (=10x16=160 pixels)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
User Icon's
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 02:29:43 PM »
It'd be nice to have a lot of stuff on the left but you don't want clutter.

I didn't think about having a link to popup a list of icons they have.. I think that would defeat the purpose though. If we give icons to people for their achievements we want the icons to be seen.

I guess it could be something like, show the first 5 / most important ones, and then a link to "View all Achievements" or something.

I think 16x16 would need to be used on the left side. 32x32 isn't too big, but I think it's distracting.

Offline Vexhare

User Icon's
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 11:35:15 AM »
perhapes another icon for story creator?