Author Topic: Startrek  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« on: November 11, 2005, 01:18:24 AM »
Common. I know this place must be crawling with trekkies.  B)

What's your favour Startrek series? What your favorite episodes? Etc.

I've always loved Deep Space 9. Especially that episode where the ferrengi are doing a prisoner exchange on an abandoned station like Deep Space 9. You know, the one where they accidentally execute their prisioner?  :heh: "I hate ferrengi" *dies*

Anyways, it was just kick ass how they left the station, and the body was still there bumping up against the wall.  :lol:  Too good.  (thumbsup)

Offline Leviathan

Startrek
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 01:34:42 AM »
I loved the original films.

Fav series, well genration was good but voyager is my fav.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 02:30:49 AM »
I never got to see most of the later Voyager episodes. None of my channels carry it. :(

The first few episodes of Voyager didn't impress me that much. Seemed sorta like a step back to redo older ideas that have already been done to death. But then I keep hearing all these cool things about these later episodes. Kinda wish I could see some of them.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Startrek
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 06:38:50 AM »
I'm a big Voyager fan -- also love that 1 episode with the ferengi "deities" that have the locals convinced their rules of acquisition are only to be used to bring them riches.

Also, the episode on "Enterpise" (the latest series, that is), again with the ferengi.. loved their scenes with T'Pol.

Ethan Phillips puts down a very good Ferengi btw.
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline spirit1flyer

Startrek
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 09:24:23 AM »
I like Enterpise with Captain Archer and then I have the entire collection of the original Enterpise to watch with my little sister who loves startrek but can't see any of the newer ones

spirit
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 05:06:38 PM »
How come she can't see any of the newer ones?

And yeah, I like the idea of Enterprise. It's a pretty cool concept. Although, I've kinda found Archer to be a bit on the weak side. His acting just doesn't always seem all that great. I'm not too sure what it is about him, but it seems a bit forced and unnatural. That and I also objected to the intro music when I first saw it. It didn't seem very startrek like. Although, I guess I like the intro music now, and I can't imagine anyone else playing the captain anymore.

Anyways, definately some cool stuff in Enterprise. I think maybe maybe my brother's overly critical attitude towards the first few episodes tainted it a bit for me.

Oh, and that one about the Klingon plague was kick ass! Anyone else remember that TNG episode where worf and a few others go back in time to the original startrek episode about the tribbles? (Anyone remember the name of the space station?  ;) ). Well, someone makes a comment "those are Klingons?" and Worf responds "We don't like to talk about it". I just thought it was all too perfect how that Klingon plague in Enterprise accounts for the difference in appearance of Klingons between the series.  (thumbsup)

(My brother apparently missed that episode  <_< )

Offline spirit1flyer

Startrek
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 05:22:56 PM »
How come she can't see any of the newer ones?
She's too little and my parents don't like the idea of her liking star trek

And yeah, I like the idea of Enterprise. It's a pretty cool concept. Although, I've kinda found Archer to be a bit on the weak side. His acting just doesn't always seem all that great. I'm not too sure what it is about him, but it seems a bit forced and unnatural. That and I also objected to the intro music when I first saw it. It didn't seem very startrek like. Although, I guess I like the intro music now, and I can't imagine anyone else playing the captain anymore.
I never liked Archer that much but I thought the enginer was great. what was his name?  tripper?  something near that?

"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 05:35:01 PM »
Trip! Yeah, he's awesome. Gotta love startrek engineers.

My all time favourite character though, has got to be Garrick from Deep Space 9. Mmm, gotta love the evil plotting and intrigue. I especially liked that episode with the "I left him with the distinct impression that if he tried to leave, the door would explode on him". To which Cisco responds, "I hope that's just an impression." Followed by Garricks kick ass line, "It's best not to dwell on such machinations."  (thumbsup) Too good.

Offline Sirbomber

Startrek
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 05:35:37 PM »
I never liked Star Trek... or Star Wars... I really don't like sci-fi stuff unless it involves me ordering people to their deaths...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »
I never liked StarWars really. But I think Startrek is kick ass. Ever played Startrek Armada? That game was kinda fun. Normally I hate startrek games and would never consider playing them. They always seemed a bit dumb, and just a quick money grab from all the startrek fans, but Armada was pretty cool. (Although, I hear Armada 2 was terrible. Like made by a different company and actually worse than the first kinda terrible.  :blink: ) But yeah, you can beam onto enemy ships and take them over (but you have to knock out their shields first to beam over). Klingons also get borading parties I believe. It's way cool. Basically a RTS space game. Mine dilithium moons, build up your base (space stations), research, build a fleet, and go kill. Or send people to bloody and gory deaths, it's all fun. You also get to play around with nebulas which can have funny effects on your ships. I liked it.

Oh, and one of my favourite aspects of Deep Space 9, was the war. Not just a one or two episode war, but on ongoing war for the whole season. All the death, battle scenes, and cloak and dagger type missions. Especially the ones involving Garrick. Like the one where the federation tricks the romulans into the war on their side. Certainly gives you a different perspective of starfleet. Heh, same thing with those section 31 episodes.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 07:07:19 PM »
You know what was a really kick ass episode? The one where Odo is dying, and they send Garrick to tell him stories to keep him occupied. And Garrick is talking about some poisonous plant he handled back when he was a gardener... for some high ranking romulan. Then Odo says something about how that romulan was poisoned and Gerrick was just like "yes, but so many romulan ambassadors? died so mysteriously that year".  (thumbsup)

Anyone else have any favourite Gerrick episodes? Or evil, plotting, intrigue type ones? :)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 12:34:52 PM »
Deep Space Nine :)  Much better then the ones that remotely involve the Enterprise and WEASLE and BROCKLY.  

The originals with Kirk are good to.

The Enterprise with Captain Archer arent really that good because they dont seem to be following any kind of time line crap that was set in the other versions.

Voyager was ok but im not in a hurry to see it again.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Startrek
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 01:26:19 PM »
hooman, plymoth45 loves everything and anything startrek, lol

I liked voyager and TNG a lot
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Startrek
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 09:28:43 PM »
I've loved them all really. Some more than others I guess, but they all have at least one kickass episode somewhere.