Poll

Which do you consider to be the "Real" OP2 Storyline?

Eden Story
8 (47.1%)
Plymouth Story
1 (5.9%)
Combination
8 (47.1%)
I wrote my own 50-chapter novel.
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: "Real" Story?  (Read 11948 times)

Offline Sirbomber

"Real" Story?
« on: November 08, 2005, 09:01:39 PM »
I say that the Eden storyline is the real storyline. Eden goes into more detail about what's happening on New Terra. It gets into politics, gunfights, espionage, the war, the importance of the Gene Bank, terrorism, Nazis, and the hatred between the colonies. Plymouth is really about a bunch of scientists and a talking computer. It's like reading a 12-chapter book about a guy eating a pickle. And he only eats that one pickle the whole book. It's repetitive, boring, and largely undescriptive of anything I'd care about. And in the Plymouth story, Eden is ruled by Nazis. We can't have that. Of course, this is me ranting on about stuff because it's 10:00 PM and I can do what I want.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
"Real" Story?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:18:11 PM »
I always thought that the eden story read more like a spy thriller, and the ply story was more like a regular sci fi

im rooting for eden, since they just seemd more agressive on the whole starship project, with the RLV and all, while ply seemd to give up on it, with the emp missles
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline spirit1flyer

"Real" Story?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:55:40 PM »
The Eden storyline has always been a favorite of mine.
The elder for plymouth is hardly ever in danger. and the story its self just doesn't flow as well
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
"Real" Story?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 10:05:38 PM »
all that really matters, is that in both, Axen is left on the planet
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Leviathan

"Real" Story?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 07:41:08 AM »
their both real imo
just two diff storys.

Offline Mez

"Real" Story?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:41:10 AM »
Well in truth they are both fictional stories! :P

deleted the last option As " Making fun of someones elses stories" strikes me as a tad offensive.

Offline Sirbomber

"Real" Story?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 01:57:23 PM »
Just a little joking around, but alright.  ;)  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
"Real" Story?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »
Yeah, I'd have to say that Eden is the better of the two stories.

However both are perfectly 'real' and valid as it is a game... the storyline is what they make it to be.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
"Real" Story?
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 05:21:14 PM »
I think that the Plymouth and Eden storylines go together well, and even though they are different, they are from different points of view, with things going on that the other main character in the other story doesn't know happen (and vice-versa)

Does this make sense to anyone :P :lol:
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
"Real" Story?
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 07:15:42 PM »
I'm in agreement with story: While Eden's story is a little more fun to read, both stories are telling the same story but from the point of view in which they are taking place in. No matter which way you look at it, there are two stories to tell from the OP2 world: Eden and Plymouth. Different locations, different points of view, different people.

Now, which story you favor is a different matter. Favoratism does not dictate what is real and what isn't. Bear that in mind.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
"Real" Story?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 06:32:26 AM »
I go with the "Renegades" story :P
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline spirit1flyer

"Real" Story?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 09:25:43 AM »
and how many people know how that one reads?   Not many :P
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Sirbomber

"Real" Story?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 01:16:33 PM »
I never said I thought Eden was ral because I liked it more... Or I didn't mean to...
But Plymouth's ultimate goal to finish their starship was to make missiles. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think that's their best "master plan".
Plus in the Plymouth story Emma says that Plymouth's starship sucks and says she's going to screw it up for Eden, but in the Eden story she tells Axen to screw up Eden's (better) ship.
I think I figured out what I meant to say: I think Eden's story is more about the actual OP2 missions then Plymouth's is.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 01:19:04 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
"Real" Story?
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 12:44:48 AM »
It really depends upon what you consider canon. it seems to me like the ply story was more of an afterthough addition to the "main" storyline which feels more like a fit for the eden story. the eden story was more "busy" and much more of what happened within the game was reflected in the story (and vice versa). to me, the ply story is not canon as the story merely explains the existance of a couple ply units (emp missile) and a bit more detail on their elder and savant computer (which never make any large contribution to the story other than the fact that they are in sporadic contact with axen). I think the ply story was made seperate because it couldnt be incorporated into the "main" eden story effectively. it would take too much away from the story to break into a convo about morality between the ply elder and savant in the middle of a tense firefight between axen and sympathizers, wouldnt it? while it is a contribution, i dont think the ply story is as important as eden's. also, i think its more or less splitting hairs when we make light of the fact that favortism doesnt dictate facts. this poll asked what we "consider" to be the real op2 story based on our feelings toward them. other considerations were not mentioned, so as far as i can tell the question is open to debate based on opinion, not fact. you can choose to consider the ply story canon or not based on which you prefer because in reality anything written by the guy who wrote the story would be considered "hard" canon. i mean, we could apply this same debate to whether or not episodes I,II,II are part of the "real" story of star wars...

... lets not go there, mmk?

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
"Real" Story?
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 12:44:35 PM »
and how many people know how that one reads?   Not many :P
That will change SOON  ;)  
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Leviathan

"Real" Story?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 01:33:03 PM »
I sure would like to read thru both of them sometime. Ive not even finished both campaigns.