Author Topic: Project Update  (Read 3737 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Project Update
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:11:10 PM »
Alright. I've finally gotten myself back into the mode of looking at the code written so far for OP:MIA.

Within the week I should begin to start coding again. I just need to remember where I left off.

Also, I am once again rewritting the map code. I've come across some usefull information that will help me display high-quality maps that can fine scroll as well (always a great effect) so I'm hoping to have it working really soon.

Once that's working I can implement the structure layer so that I can begin placing down tiles. Once the tiles are able to be placed, I need to add the logic code so that only certain tiles can be placed in certain areas (e.g., tiles need to be bulldozed before structures can be placed and all structures need to be connected to the CC via a tube).

Lastly, I need to get the timer right so that various frames of animation can be displayed in the right order at the right time (much like GIF animations) so that building animation looks good. Hrmmmm.... I'll have to make sure that a structure's animation starts as soon as it is ready. This way various structures can be at various points of their animations making for a more dynamic and 'lively' scene. Who would have thought that OUTPOST could be lively?

Offline gamerscd0

Project Update
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 06:58:40 AM »
if you need ANY help just ask

piece

Offline thablkpanda

Project Update
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
I'm not of very much use (Usually busy) but anything that I could help with, I'm more than happy to double/triple book myself to attempt to assist :D.

J/P.

I'm looking forward to your project results. This is something I've followed for quite a while. I'm amazed at your dedication to perservere, whereas other projects have failed and fallen by the wayside- you prevailed. Mad props to ya for that.

Christopher M

Offline Leviathan

Project Update
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:04:39 AM »
Great to here :)

Make sure u update your wiki page with the update. Thanks.

Offline omagaalpha

Project Update
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »
Yea glad he has not stop work on it cause outpost 1.5 still my favorite hehehehehe.
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Project Update
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 01:04:31 PM »
I for one am a die-hard fan of Outpost. Plus, I'm not a quitter. Even if OPU completely went dead I would still finish OP:MIA and I would release it somewhere else.

So I can assure you that OP:MIA will indeed eventually be finished.

As far as help is concerned, for the first few phases of development I'm ok on my own. It's a simple matter of graphics that are already done. Now all I have to do is create the sprite scripts for all of the structures and interface items.

After the main engine coding is complete, I will need help with network programming. Well, I might not need help but the point still stands. Anyone with network programming experience would be extremely helpful (particularly in C/C++) if they could give me some insight.