Should OP3 have an economy?

Yes!
11 (52.4%)
Maybe (explain below, why and how etc.)
5 (23.8%)
No.
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Economy  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Economy
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2005, 07:29:53 PM »
it was a map called shared bases.  but it wouldnt work quite the same as starcraft.

Offline Leviathan

Economy
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2005, 06:57:22 AM »
Yea ur allways find special or hero units in singleplayer scn's.

There is no need to put a human in a vech to drive it or for transport. But they could be put in them if they need to be picked up and taken back to base or whatevea.

They wouldnt need to be in it to control it because they can just sit at a unit control terminal and control lots or 1 unit at a time. If the unit(s) die the human dosent.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Economy
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2005, 11:50:04 AM »
I just dont see heros in units no matter how much armore it has or how fast it can fire its going to get owned in a swamp of lynx.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Economy
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2005, 01:34:39 PM »
When I say a co-op game I mean two players connect over the 'net to play a campaign that requires at least two players to complete successfuly.

I find that many games fail to look at this option and it's one thing that is seriously lacking within the gaming world and something I've always wanted to include in my games.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Economy
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2005, 03:03:02 PM »
Well that is true leeor but this is a multi RTS that has a alli capablity.  I think the Co-op should be more of a map thing that would have a Auto alli thing that cant be broken.  Co-op for single player is always enjoyed tho.  But maybe both sides could be played at once as well.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Economy
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
the objectives would have to be pretty hard (imagine 2 lev's fighting against the computer)
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Economy
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2005, 04:29:08 PM »
Well single player wouldnt be the same becuase in the multi games levi plays alot of the research is done already.  it would take a little longer to do all the research to get stuff even if levi is fast it still takes time.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Economy
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2005, 11:58:33 AM »
Argh... Freeza, you're missing the point. There are THREE modes of play in the game: Single Player Campaign, Co-Op Campaign and Multiplayer.

When I say Co-op, I'm talking about a mission mode that requires at least two players to complete.

In Multiplayer games (e.g. Deathmatch, Space Race, Land Rush, etc.), any of the players can do whatever they like. They can ally themselves, they can stab eachother in the back, whatever people do in games like that. It's a given.

But the Co-op mode is a campaign mode in which you need at least two players to get through the missions. A single player just wouldn't be able to do it. There would probably be one or two Co-Op campaigns and not much more.

Then there's the single player mode which currently has 4 campaings for the player to complete. (well, it will when they're done)

Of course, I don't know if I want to do the co-op mode. I need to talk to the other guys before that's decided upon.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Economy
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »
I see it is as I thought but I also thought it was in multi but it isnt lol.

Co-op mode sounds good but I hope it will work over the internet and not just lan only.

CO-OP NEEDS TO BE IN MORE GAMES.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Economy
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2005, 09:20:51 AM »
I love the co-op idea. I also agree with freeza: It needs to work over the web not only over a LAN, and maybe if you have multiple game controls, you can do it split screen on one computer! (that would really be taxing on your resources though :heh: )

stormy :op2:
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline lordly_dragon

Economy
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2005, 06:58:03 PM »
maaaan try to split a 17 inches screen its small like hell!

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.