Author Topic: :p Blue Man Group Crazyness!  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
:p Blue Man Group Crazyness!
« on: July 30, 2005, 11:34:15 AM »
here are some Blue Man group videos..
WARNING: LARGE DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stormy.outpostuniverse.net/stuff/BMGvids.rar

These videos are AWESOME  B) ... but on one... the video quality isnt very good  :unsure:

You will need Real Player/ winamp to play these
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:35:42 AM by Stormy »
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 12:09:10 PM »
Just on a note: it's a 121MB download
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 04:33:14 PM »
bleh.....burn realplayer.....use winamp or wmp.

really, its quite a bad player, and add that to the rest of the crap that comes with it and you have a package that is 100% s***.

Use Real Alternative instead. ( Codec & Splitter for WMP ; Splitter for Winamp ) personaly i would get both of the spitters, but its up to you. Get the one for the player you want to use.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 03:32:19 PM by zigzagjoe »

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:00:33 AM »
Here is a post from a website I found very interesting. I didn't find the so called "COOKIES.TXT " file but I'm interested in the way they use Real players Icons and trademarks

Here's the URL for the Website
Real Player sucks
Let's get straight about "Real Alternative" and "Media Player Classic." I want to clear up confusion that I've seen here. It may matter to you!

1. Media Player Classic is not an old product of Microsoft. It is freeware/donationware produced by an individual in Hungary.

2. "Real Alternative" is a complete set of codec files. This file set is used with Media Player Classic. On my system, it is also called by jetAudio (another media player that can play Real streams).

From examining this file set, I have concluded that Real Alternative is a wholly-owned product of Real Networks, offered as a method for Real to deliver and control content via players other than their own. This content may or may not include contracted advertising (I don't know).
- All the files that I examined contained statements identifying Real Networks as the source.
- One of the files is a Real Player icon: their logo.

3. Real Alternative contains a reporting file that can be used by spyware, and may be included for that purpose.
- The name of this file is "COOKIES.TXT."
- COOKIES.TXT is the customary name used for cookie files.
- Real's COOKIES.TXT is not placed in the usual Windows location: C:\windows\cookies, but it resides in a Real Alternative directory instead. Thus, this file is invisible to cookie management software.
- I found the streaming sites I'd downloaded from all listed neatly in this file, along with other sites that may or may not have been used for reporting.

I encourage any of you with Real Alternative on your systems to investigate this file: read the contents of your own COOKIES.TXT that you'll find in one of the Real Alternative directories ("folders" to you winnies).
If you also have snooping software, check out the actual source for every file, too.

Is this a "Real Alternative?" Make up your own mind.

Richard

Comment by Richard at 06:22, 07 Mar, 2004 #

>< I know this is off topic but I just had to point that out :P

CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120
OS[/b]Windows Vista Home Premium x64
:P I'm a Hardware freak ><

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 07:57:57 AM »
Why can't we all use superior codecs like DivX or XviD? These are much better codecs than anything RealNetworks has ever made.

Also, you're not forced to use their stupid player, you can use any player that can handle AVI (provided you have the codecs installed).

Besides you can use DivX/XviD videos all over. I have a PDA with a movie player (TCPMP) which supports a whole slew of formats, DivX / XviD, H.323, MJPEG, MPEG1, MP3, OGG.. etc. and it's open source.

Anyway enough rambling..

Stormy, maybe could you split up the vid package into smaller pieces? (People with 56ks and myself with a slow cable connection (384k) will appreciate it)

Offline xamlit

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 11:28:49 PM »
Not to go off topic, but op2hacker what type of PDA do you have? I am looking for a decent PDA that can play Divx.. And do you stream it over the network?